What to write in contract

What should we write and get signature from the contractor before starting construction in both cases (1. Turn key contract, 2. Labor rate contract).

@ HT @ ARMCO

your feedback on this thread please.

Dear fahad

give the complete working drawings to contractor and take a shadule of these things.

Material quality of grey structure,bricks/block,sand,cement,steel,aggregates,and also take a detailed specification of ratio and fixing of jobs.

Shadule of finishing

product quality

price rangs

sizes of products

quantity

brand name

duration of completion

shadule of payments

Thank you sir.

and what about if we have labor rate contract??

please can you specify for labor contract when we provide all the material

@fahad
write down rates separately of 1.structure only 2.with plaster and marble work 3.with finishing
it should be mentioned that electrical or plumbing work included in rate or not
it should be mentioned that ground water tank and roof water tank of concrete with chips will be made or not
it should be mentioned that digging and filling will be whose responsibility
it should be mentioned that ramp work,boundary wall,roof parda wall will be included in work or treated as extra workr
it should be mentioned that what will be the thickness of DPC and concrete will be done in base as per Ur desire
it will be mentioned that storage room will be whose responsibility.
It should be mentioned that if u want full beam at 8.5 ft and on top floor also what will be its status
u can also clearify about tea n lunch of labour on beams days n on lanter days .
it should be mentioned that front face work will be done or not.
it should be mentioned that roof chips and marble work will be done or not.
hope it helps u.

@ Hamid thanks for your post.

can you please confirm what is the purpose of beam at 8.5 ft?

Beam will make ur structure more load bearing and help against earth quake

Load bearing walls or column based structure for Lahore?

@Pakistani

i have told about Islamabad construction practice

@Pakistni @HT @Hamid

pardon me please. I could not understand the need of beam at 8.5 ft. Is it commonly used considering i already have columns in place.

please shed some light on it.

thank you.

AOA,

Columns without beams is useless. Beams transfer the weight equally towards each pillar. In this way the pressure is broken into few kgs per sq inch. Than the pillars transfer that pressure to DPC which further breaks the pressure per sq inch and transfer into the ground.

So if you have only pillars and incase God forbids an earth quake happens one push towards one pillar will have drastic effects. ALLAH PAK REHAM KAREY.

Plus pillars alone cannot hold the weight of the roof in an emergency.

Normally we have beams at 7 feet all around the house making it a 3D map which is much more secure.

Lahore is suppose to be free of any earth quakes but than few years back Islamabad was free aswell. A house is for at least 2 generations.

Kindly make your decision wisely

@ HT

thank you sir your feedback is always appreciated. Jazakallah.

@ HT

is that beam at 7 feet is called "tegha" in our local masonry terms?

thank you.

No brother its not called tegha…

Tegha is a '‘jaggar’'not a beam

ARMCO sir

please send me your email address, i will send you my drawings.

Wonderful thread and great contribution by all especially ARMCO and Hamid. Can you please share contact details of some reliable and honest labor contractors for construction work in Faisal Town F-18??

Your contribution will be appreciated lot. Thanks in advance