Where is Pakistan\'s Economy Headed in 2020?

Pakistan economy in 2020 is headed towards its moment of truth, I believe. The current situation of economy has lead to many a heated debate on this forum and elsewhere. Considering the dark state of affairs last year, particularly the high inflation among other impacts of the IMF loan package that Pakistan availed and the dictation by imf, a lot of people have, understandably, forecasted that Pakistan's economy will remain slow during 2020 as well.

However, there have been good news as well. Most recent one was the announcement by the State Bank Governor that Pakistan is over the worst period of adjustment. Imf also 'predicted' last month that Pakistan's economy will see a turnaround in 2020. Additionally, this month, after review, they again said that Pakistan's economy is on track to recovery and inflation will ease this year.

Just today, the news of Credit Suisse's report on recovery of Pakistan's economy is making rounds on the media.

Personally, i had fears that more taxes may be incoming but they might not be huge. Instead, according to recent reports, the government instead plans to double down on recovering taxes from the people evading them. At least that is the kind of news that dominated the media after IMF's review.

At the end of the day, it looks like 2020 is going to be a slow year as well and the period of adjustment will continue but things will visibly improve this year unlike what happened last year.

What do you guys have to say about it? Let's start a fresh discussion on the topic, i am curious.