Karachi: The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has issued new guidelines for airline administrations in a bid to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus among locals, according to news sources.
What are the new guidelines issued by the CAA for coronavirus prevention?
The following are the new guidelines issued by the CAA for coronavirus prevention:
- The CAA administration has instructed the passenger and charter flights to exercise the international practices of disinfection and fumigation. The planes of all types should be disinfected before the passengers can board it.
- The airline certificate showing that its planes and jets are germ-free should be authenticated by the CAA inspectors. This certificate will be added to the aircraft documents.
- The aircraft will encompass coronavirus prevention kits in all prominent spots. These kits will include protection suits, gloves, surgical mask, goggles, sanitizers and N-95 masks.
- Furthermore, all airlines will convey these directives to their offices and travel agents.
- The passengers will be walked through thermal devices before boarding and the boarding passes will be issued for alternative seats. The boarding of all the passengers and flight crew will commence from the passenger terminal building.
- All passengers will be required to wear surgical masks, which will be provided to them by the check-in counter. No passenger will be allowed to switch seats during their flight. After each 90-minute duration, the body temperature of the passengers will be taken and all present will be required to use hand sanitizers.
- In case of anyone having trouble breathing, coughing or suffering from fever or flu; he or she will be obligated to inform the attending crew.
- The cockpit and cabin crew will wear personal protection equipment. Only the flights that have a travel time of over 2.5 hours will serve food.
- Before a flight lands, the flight captain will inform the air controller about the health declaration form submission of international passengers.
January 28, 2019
October 13, 2018