Islamabad: The government has launched a free COVID-19 consultation service on WhatsApp through the COVID-19 Telehealth Portal in a bid to allow both citizens and doctors to interact with each other, a news source reported.
Former Google executive Tania Aidrus launched the COVID-19 Telehealth Portal last month and invited doctors from all over the country to register themselves and offer voluntary services during the COVID-19 spread. Recently, she informed that hundreds of doctors had signed up for the voluntary consultation service; adding that the testing of the service has already begun.
She informed that if you wanted to consult a doctor, please WhatsApp at 0300-1111166. She said that doctors could continue signing up on the website: http://www.telehealth.gov.pk.
Following are the COVID-19 consultation services being offered on WhatsApp:
- What is COVID-19/coronavirus?
- Coronavirus symptoms
- Precaution measures against coronavirus
- Self-assessing for coronavirus
- Finding testing laboratories for coronavirus
- Statistics of coronavirus in Pakistan
- Informative videos about coronavirus
- Helpline number