Lahore: The Planning and Development (P&D) Board has given the green light to six development schemes in the emergency services, road and bridges, sports, and irrigation sectors, as reported by a news source on November 29.
According to the details, the meeting, chaired by Iftikhar Ali Sahoo, approved various initiatives standing at PKR 9.504 billion. This list includes:
- Construction of Arifwala Bypass was approved at a cost of PKR 784.908 million
- Construction of an interchange on Khanewal-Lodhran Road at a cost of PKR 2.731 million
- Strengthening of Emergency Services in all districts of Punjab, costing PKR 756.851 million
- Provision of Cricket High-Performance Headquarters in Faisalabad at the cost of PKR 1.245 billion and a similar centre in Sialkot at the cost of PKR 1.323 billion
- Improvement of water delivery performance and conveyance efficiency through the concrete lining of irrigation channels in District Performance & Conveyance Efficiency-II, with an estimated cost of PKR 2.663 billion
Meanwhile, Chairman Iftikhar Ali Sahoo visited the development project sites of the controlled access corridor from Niazi Interchange to Saggian Interchange and from Saggian Interchange to Babu Sabu Interchange. During the visit, LDA Chief Engineer Asrar Saeed briefed on the progress of these mega projects at Babu Sabu.