ABOUT DHA, LAHORE
Defence Housing Authority (DHA) is a nationally recognised real estate developer. The housing societies developed by DHA are among the highly sought-after communities in Pakistan. Initially, the project was reserved for serving and retired army personnel and their families, but later civilians were also allowed to buy properties here.
DHA, Lahore is regarded as a world-class housing project in the country that offers a luxurious lifestyle, urban infrastructure, and top-notch facilities and amenities, right in the heart of the city.
From the initial four phases, DHA, Lahore has expanded beyond the borders of Lahore, and several villages and towns located in the peripheries of the city have also become a part of the society. Almost all plots in Phase VI, VII, and VIII are booked or sold, and the construction of many houses has already begun. Development work has nearly finished in Phase VIII, & IX and the booking for 5, 10, 20, and 40 marla plots have started. Phase X is likely to be launched soon, but its details haven’t been revealed yet. One thing, however, is for sure that Phase X will be situated close to Phase VIII and IX.
The community is famous for its upscale markets and international food chains. Furthermore, one of the top and most prominent educational institutions in the city, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), is situated in DHA Phase 5. It is an internationally recognised university that adds more value to the project, especially property prices in Phase 3. Besides, Allama Iqbal International Airport and Lahore Ring Road (orbital highway) are in the vicinity of DHA, Lahore, passing near Phase 5. The airport is around 23 minutes away from DHA Phase 3, 16 minutes away from Phase 5 and 6, and 18 minutes away from Phase 1, via Ghazi Road and Airport Road.
Furthermore, DHA is ranked number one on Zameen.com, as the most searched area of Lahore for buying properties. Another significant factor that adds to the reputation of DHA is that it is managed by the armed forces of Pakistan. Therefore, it is also one of the most secure housing projects in the city.
History of Development
DHA was known as the Lahore Cantt Cooperative Housing Society (LCCHS) during the 1970s. This society was overseen by a Management Committee (MC) of 11 to 15 members. In the 1980s, a bylaw was passed, according to which army officers were given the authority in a general meeting to elect members for the MC and make policies. The High Court transferred the authority of MC to Commander Lahore Corps in the 1990s. LCCHS was then changed to Defence Housing Authority, first, via a provincial ordinance, and then through a federal order in the late 2000s.
Planning and Development
DHA, Lahore is divided into several phases, and each phase is further subdivided into blocks. The blocks are further classified as per the area size of plots. There are approximately 11 phases, of which Phases 1 to 6 are fully developed and populated, whereas Phases 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 are under development, as of January 2020. Plot owners have been given possession in Phases 6 and 7, and commercial plots in Phase 8 are now available for possession as well. There are dedicated commercial areas in each phase to facilitate the community.
AT A GLANCE
- Adequate and advanced security systems
- Efficient security guards, Punjab Police, and Rescue Team active 24/7
- Easy access to all modes of public transport
- Fully equipped with all the essential facilities
- Access to a range of contemporary amenities
- Lush green parks and green belts at regular intervals
- Several shopping avenues and marts
- Completely equipped healthcare facilities
- Places of worship are functional in all phases
- Top-notch academic institutions of every level are pinned in different phases
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and Lahore Garrison University are in DHA, Lahore
- A NADRA executive centre is also established in Phase 4, DHA, Lahore
- Several sports facilities and clubs within the community
- Inter-community sports competitions and events are held on different occasions
- Numerous options for leisure and entertainment in the vicinity
- Driving License Centre is in Sector K, Phase 1
- Defence Public Library is accessible in Sector Z, Phase 3
- Presence of financial institutions including commercial and Islamic banks, money transfer and exchanges
- Pakistan Post Office is pinned in Phase 1, DHA, Lahore
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
Public Transport in and near DHA, Lahore
The launch of several new modes of public transport in Lahore is one of the essential initiatives taken by the government of Punjab to offer better commute options to residents of Lahore. People now have access to more comfortable and affordable commute options in the form of Metro Buses and Orange Line, other than rickshaws, taxis, and public buses.
Coming to Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, this is a well-planned and well-managed housing society, featuring smooth, well-maintained, and developed roads. Initially, residents were not provided access to public transport within the boundaries of DHA, and people had to take a taxi or a bus from the neighbourhood. However, since cab-hailing services have been launched, commuting to and from Defence, Lahore has become exceptionally hassle-free. You may consider reading some tips before using any ride hailing app.
Besides, public transport in DHA, Lahore has also become easily accessible, and many bus stops are pinned across the community. For instance, Lahore Ring Road, one of the major road networks in Lahore, connecting Defence to other areas of the city, is near Phase 5. In contrast, residents of Phase 6 enjoy instant access to Bedian Road and Barki Road.
The management of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, has set up several bus stops at different intervals across the society to facilitate residents. Buses on these stops arrive every 15 minutes. Mentioned below are a few bus stops categorised phase-wise:
- Among the many bus stops in DHA Phase 1, you will spot Defence Chowk Bus Stop on DHA Main Boulevard in Sector K. A few others are on Ghazi Road, including Gol Chakkar Bus Stop (Sector L), Bilal Store Bus Stop in Sector M, and Ghazi Road Bus Stop. Also, Ghazi Chowk Bus Stop is on DHA’s Main Boulevard, Sector A. On the other hand, Charar Pind Bus Stop is on Ghazi Road, Sector S, DHA Phase 2. However, the bus stops present on Ghazi Road, Phase 1, are also easily accessible from Phase 2.
- Bus Stop Y-Block Market is on Street 10, Y-Block Market, Phase 3, Defence, Lahore.
- Since Ghazi Road also passes near Phase 4, DHA, you will spot a few more bus stops here. For instance, AA Bus Stop in Sector AA, Naqa Bus Stop at the intersection of Sector X and Sector AA, LESCO Bus Stop in Sector EE, and Chota Ishara Bus Stop is pinned at the junction of Sector Y and Sector CC.
Daewoo Bus Service was inaugurated in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, in 2015. Their buses are environment-friendly and air-conditioned with free Wi-Fi facility. The local bus service of Daewoo operates within the locality. Some Daewoo bus stops functional in Defence, Lahore are:
- Daewoo Bus Stop on Khayaban-e-Jinnah, Sector L, Phase 1
- Daewoo U Bus Stop in Sector T, Phase 2
- Daewoo Bus Stop at Lalik Jan Chowk, Street 2, Sector S
Other than hiring rickshaws and taxis from the vicinity, you can also head to the nearest Metrobus Station. The following are nearest Metrobus Stations with their estimated distance calculated from DHA Sports Complex, Sector XX, Phase 3:
- Qainchi Bus Station on Ferozepur Road is 8 minutes’ drive away
- Ghazi Chowk Metro Bus Station is also pinned on Ferozepur Road in Gul Colony, 7 minutes’ drive away
- Chungi Amar Sidhu Metro Bus Station takes a 9-minute drive to reach
Also, if you are planning to travel to other cities of Pakistan or are a frequent traveller, you can head to Walton Railway Station in Nishtar Town. The station is around 8 minutes’ drive away from DHA Sports Complex, spotted in Sector XX of Phase 3.
Fortunately, Allama Iqbal International Airport is situated at an approximate span of 9 km from Defence Housing Authority’s Office, Sector A, Phase 6.
Markets in DHA, Lahore
Residents of DHA, Lahore enjoy extreme convenience, as there are several dedicated commercial zones operational in various parts of the community. Each phase of the society features comprehensively planned commercial districts that are also home to financial institutions, eateries, and a variety of local as well as national and international branded outlets. Here is an overview of the many markets situated in DHA, Lahore:
Phase 1, DHA, Lahore
As Phase 1 is the first and oldest neighbourhood of Defence Lahore, therefore, residents here enjoy complete convenience and accessibility to brands, groceries, pharmacies, restaurants, cafes and many stores selling household items, stationeries, books, gadgets, toys, clothing, fashion accessories and a lot of useful stuff. The F Block Market, Sector G Commercial Area, and H-Block Commercial Market/Sector H are the most active commercial spots in the phase.
The F-Block Market in Defence Phase 1, Lahore, features quite a few shops. The market hosts convenience stores, food places, and shops dealing in a variety of essential commodities. The F-Block Market also features a Lawrencepur outlet on Jinnah Avenue in Sector F, Phase 1.
Comparatively, the H-Block Commercial Market features a range of popular branded stores as well as high-end local brands.
Al-Fatah Local is the go-to store for all types of grocery shopping and other stuff ranging from baby products and other essentials to electronics, kitchen accessories, and a lot more. Al-Fatah is one of the prominent supermarkets in DHA, Lahore, having branches in different cities of Pakistan as well.
Coming to the big brands you would see in Phase 1, DHA, Lahore, these include Hush Puppies, Urban Sole, Apollo Sports, and LOGO Shop, to name a few. Furthermore, The Entertainer Pakistan, one of the leading toy stores in the country offering a wide range of international branded toys, E-games, arts, and crafts supplies, and much more is also present here.
Sector G, Commercial Area, Phase 1, features a shop selling kids’ clothing and accessories, fashion accessories as well as ready-to-wear casual western and eastern dresses for women and men. Apple iStore – DHA branch and many opticians, book centres, banks, and money exchanges are also functional here. A few branded stores are also spotted in Sector G, while Europa Store is the place to shop for groceries in Sector G, Phase 1, Defence, Lahore.
DHA Phase 2, Lahore is primarily home to a vast range of restaurants and local eateries. Still, there are branches of well-reputed financial institutions, bakeries, meat shops, as well as greengrocers selling fresh fruits and veggies. This phase has Lalik Jan Market in its Sector S featuring a mini food street, pharmacy, toy stores, mobile phone, and accessories shop, and photocopy/stationery shops, among others.
For groceries and other daily use goods, Ahmed Cash & Carry in Sector T and Care Mart in Sector M (next to Cakes & Bakes) are two perfect places to shop at. Both supermarkets stock imported and local commodities. Apart from these two, The Organic Shop in Sector Q's Commercial Area, pinned on main Ghazi Road, is best for organic poultry and groceries such as lentils, herbs, oils, dry fruits, bread, spices, dairy products, vegetables, achaar and chutneys (traditional dips and sauces).
Phase 3, DHA, Lahore
DHA Phase 3, Lahore is primarily known for its Y-Block Market. This market is also the most-favourite shopping avenue of people living in neighbouring areas. The market is home to banks, gyms and fitness centres, international food chains, as well as local eateries, travel agencies, mobile phone stores, high-end fashion brands (both global and Pakistani), footwear stores, home and furniture stores (Interwood and Koncept), top-notch interior and architecture brands, electronic stores, jewellery outlets, salons, and a lot more. As for known clothing brands, Breakout, Khaadi, Khas, Al Karam Studio, Marks & Spencer, Outfitters, Stoneage, Limelight, Splash, Cross Stitch, Almirah, Levis, Mango, Thredz, and Agha Noor are all present here. On the other hand, ChenOne’s branch is also functional here, selling ready-to-wear and unstitched fabric for men and women, sportswear, kids’ wear, and an exclusive variety of furniture and bedding.
Also, ENEM Store in Y-Block Market is home to several brands, including Dune London, Diesel, Michael Kors, ZARA, and other well-known names.
Besides, to shop for kids wear and some of their trendy accessories, you can head to MotherCare, Graco Baby Shop, Minnie Minors, and others. Besides, Zubaida’s store is spotted in Sector Z, DHA Phase 3, near Burger Lab.
Phase 3 of DHA Lahore is also home to some of the finest department and grocery stores, including Al-Fatah Shopping Mall. From stocking local to imported stuff, the store features electronics, health and skincare products, gym equipment, pet food, toys, cosmetics, home appliances, and home décor stuff, as well as accessories and care products for new-borns.
Potpourri is a complete department store, functional since 1978. The store is primarily famous for a huge variety of stationery items, toys, kids' accessories, furniture, and groceries. Additionally, Potpourri has a collection of ready-to-wear dresses, home accessories, and various household items.
Then, Greenvalley Express in Block Q, Esajee’s in Sector Y, and Jalal Sons in Z Block are ideal for grocery shopping.
Some of the popular names of the fashion industry have their stores in Z-Block, Phase 3, DHA, Lahore. These include J. Junaid Jamshed, Sana Safinaz, Maria. B and Haroon’s, to name a few. Besides, several footwear stores, eateries, cafes, salons, and banks are also functional here. The international brand, The Body Shop, which is a renowned cosmetics and skincare brand, has an outlet here.
The W-Block Market, right opposite to the main Jamia Masjid of W Block, features grocery stores and a men’s salon.
Phase 4, DHA, Lahore
Coming to the commercial zones in Phase 4, DHA, Lahore, the Sectors CC, FF, HH, CC, and GG are all highly active, hosting tons of commercial activities. There are grocery stores, home improvement stores, architecture and design studios, home décor stores, supermarkets, clothing stores, branded electronics outlets, fashion brands, tailors, marts, and various retail outlets here.
Sector CC is home to Nishat Linen and So Kamal outlets. Both are known brands for trendy ready-to-wear outfits, unstitched collection, and contemporary fashion accessories for women. Zeitgeist in the area sells western apparel for men and women. The brand mainly specialises in informal as well as business-casual wear. Zeitgeist is top-rated, according to reviews on different social media platforms, for the quality of the fabric used as well as the cuts and designs. You can try Adamz in Sector CC, Phase 4 DHA, Lahore for some stylish and beautiful wedding and party wear gowns and other semi-formals (western variety). Additionally, there are high-end home stores, including JB Saeed Homes & Hardware, 4 Walls, and various others in the sector, along with renowned salons, fitness centres, eateries, bakeries, and much more.
Then, Sector FF Phase 4, Defence, Lahore is home to Grooves Interior, Mohkam Interiors, and S. Abdullah Home on Street 8. Some fashion and mobile phone brands present here include Carte Blanche by Nabeel Ahmed, OPPO, and Samsung.
When it comes to grocery shopping or daily use commodities, ample options are present across DHA, Lahore. For instance, Al-Fatah Local has one of its branches functional in Civic Commercial Area, Sector DD in Phase 4. Pakeeza Store in Sector CC is the go-to place for groceries as well as Ashraf Vegetable Fruit and Chicken Shop. On the other hand, Urban Mart is also a good option in Sector HH to shop for daily goods, while you can spot Syed and Sons-The Value Store, Hafiz Super Store, and several others in Sector FF.
Apart from the shopping avenues, The Darzi Store in Sector GG, Phase 4 is popular within the community for custom stitching services.
Phase 5, DHA, Lahore
Since DHA Phase 5, Lahore, is close to Lahore Ring Road and home to LUMS, it commands a relatively higher significance and property rates. Besides, commercial activities here are also thriving. The Civic Commercial Area in Sector C, Phase 5, DHA, hosts top-notch bakeries, fine dining and casual eateries, coffee houses, financial institutions, salons, academies, and corporate offices.
Jalal Sons is a well-recognised name, functional since 1948. Fortunately, one of its branches is operational in Civic Commercial Area near Wateen Chowk in Phase 5, DHA. This is one of the biggest departmental stores offering health & beauty products, several types of kitchen accessories, crockeries, grocery items, handbags, and accessories. Also, the store has a bakery serving freshly baked goodies. Moreover, HKB Express in Sector H and Grocers Express in Sector B are other excellent options for grocery shopping in Phase 5. Al-Fatah Department Store, another giant in the respective genre, has one of its branches located in Sector C.
Defence Phase 5, Lahore is also home to a large number of salons and spas, home renovation and interior brands, dry cleaners, and laundry outlets, and pharmacies. Additionally, Lulusar, a local clothing brand, has set up its concept store in Civic Commercial Area, Sector C.
Phase 6, DHA, Lahore
The commercial zone in Phase 6 is under-development. However, residents here still enjoy maximum convenience because of DHA Mart in Block K, Rainbow Cash & Carry, Check Point in Sector C, and Al-Fatah in Sector H. The Civic Commercial Area (CCA) in Block C is also under development, yet many eateries are functional here. Europa Supermarket and a few furniture accessories and home improvement stores are also functional in CCA.
Other than these, quite a few academic institutions, including Lahore Garrison University, banks, men’s hair salons, and women’s beauty salons, are also situated in DHA Phase 6, Lahore.
Since Phase 7 and onwards are under-development, therefore, no markets or major commercial activities are observed here, as of February 2020.
Mosques in DHA, Lahore
Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, is a trendsetter in offering a complete lifestyle to its residents with all the necessary and contemporary facilities. Hence, similar to other facilities, there are quite many mosques established in DHA, Lahore, in almost all the phases and sub-sectors. When it comes to offering Friday prayers, the majority of worshippers head to the grand mosques. Also, during Ramadan, special arrangements are made for the last ten days as well as for Taraweeh prayers. Listed below are some of the small and grand mosques in different phases of the society:
- Among many mosques in DHA Phase 1, Jamia Masjid ALLAH-o-AKBAR stands on the Main Boulevard in Sector E. This is one of the first few grand mosques established initially in the society. Around 2,000+ worshippers can offer prayers simultaneously here. Also, the mosque has a separate prayer area for women.
- Phase 2 is home to quite a few mosques, among which V Block Sector Masjid is functional within a park that offers a fresh ambience for prayers. The mosque is quite well-kept and provides ample space for worshippers.
- Q Block Masjid in Sector Q is also located in Phase 2, DHA. This mosque is also well-maintained by the management.
Other than these, residents of Phase 3 can head to Jamia Masjid in Sector W, Phase 5 residents can go to G Block Masjid Fiqah Jafria in Sector G, Phase 4 is home to Phase IV Jamia Masjid in Sector DD, and Phase 6 residents have access to Jamia Masjid in Sector L. The Jamia Masjid in Sector L has a fantastic architecture, inspired by Persian and Central Asian work featuring several domes.
Schools, Colleges And Universities in DHA, Lahore
DHA, Lahore, is home to some of the most reputed educational institutions. These academic facilities are known for providing international standard education at every level. This could be one of the reasons that make DHA Defence Lahore one of the most preferred housing societies in the city. Here are the details on a few reputed schools functional in DHA, Lahore:
- Lahore Grammar School (LGS) was established in 1979 and has earned an excellent reputation for providing the highest standard of education from Kindergarten to A-Level. Luckily, its campuses are functional on Street 59 in Sector E, Phase 1 and Sector G, Phase 5, DHA. LGS is listed among the top-notch Cambridge schools in Lahore.
- Roots IVY International School is another popular Cambridge based school that specialises in Thematic Montessori, International Primary, Lower Secondary, IGCSE O-Level, and AS/A-Level programmes. Since 1988, the school has built a strong reputation by incorporating contemporary teaching methods and upgrading the curriculum as per international standards. Fortunately, one of its campuses is in Sector G, Phase 5, DHA.
- Scarsdale International School is also a well-reputed school spotted in Sector BB, Phase 4, DHA. The school offers classes from Pre-School to O-Level, where children aged between two to five are eligible for preschool classes and five years and above for elementary. On the other hand, its middle school is from Class V to VIII.
- Roots Millennium School (RMS) has established its Future World School (FWS) Campus in Sector F of Phase 6, Defence Lahore. The school follows Cambridge IGCSE and CIE A-Levels offering classes from Pre-School to A-Levels. RMS has divided classes into Early Years, Primary Years, Middle Years, and Upper Middle Years.
- The Beaconhouse School has one of its campuses functional in Sector Y, Phase 3, DHA. This is one of the renowned Cambridge schools of Pakistan and offers classes from Early Years to A-Level.
- Moreover, Beaconhouse TNS, which functions under Beaconhouse, is situated in Sector G, Phase 5 of the community. The school has adapted to unique teaching methods and approaches to meet modern-day demands. The curriculum is Cambridge-based synched with the Reggio Emilia Approach and Project-Based Learning mechanism. Additionally, TNS offers IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Programmes in different disciplines, including Experimental Sciences, Language Acquisition, Language & Literature, Mathematics, Individuals & Societies, and Language & Literature. The French language is also a mandatory course from Initial classes to IB Diploma programmes.
- The City School is also one of the most preferred schools in the country when it comes to Cambridge education. Fortunately, its DHA Campus is operating in Phase 6. This campus offers classes from Playgroup to Class XI and A-Level, following both Federal Board, CIE, and IGCSE standard curriculum.
- Furthermore, The Lahore Alma School on Street 44 in Sector C, Phase 1, DHA, is another Cambridge school featuring a contemporary facility, fully equipped classrooms, and up-to-date curriculum. The school is divided into Junior Section, Senior Section, and A-Levels, where Junior Section is from Playgroup to Class IV and Senior Section from Class V to O-Levels.
Other than the above discussed Cambridge schools, there is Allied School’s Defence Campus, which comes under the umbrella of Punjab Group of Colleges, located in Sector K, DHA Phase 1. The school follows the Federal Board of Education from Montessori to Class X.
Besides, residents can also seek admission of their children at various campuses of DHA schools, operating in different phases of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore. DHA Kindergarten and DHA Senior School for Girls are in Sector G, Phase 5, DHA Senior School for Boys is in Sector S, Phase 2, and DHA Junior Campus is in Sector Z, Phase 3. These DHA schools offer classes from Prep. to Matric/O-Levels, following the Federal Board as well as the Cambridge curriculum.
Residents may also opt to enrol their kids in Defence Public School. The campus is pinned at Lalik Chowk in Sector R, DHA Phase 2.
Colleges in and near DHA, Lahore
Coming to options for intermediate education within the boundaries of the Defence Lahore’s community, you will come across a few colleges.
The colleges located in DHA, Lahore, include Defence Degree College (DDC) for Women and Boys (separately). The women campus is functional in Sector FF, Phase 4, whereas the boys' campus is pinned in Sector R, Phase 2. Both campuses offer the same intermediate programmes in the genre of Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, Science, and Commerce. Also, the college provides B.A, B.Sc., and B.Com at the undergraduate level.
Next, a campus of Roots Millennium College is in Sector F, Phase 6 Defence, Lahore. The college offers AS and A-Level programmes. Candidates with an O-level or equivalent background can apply for admission here.
Moreover, to pursue an intermediate programme, you can seek admission in some colleges located near DHA Defence Lahore. For example, there is Government Degree College for Women and Government Degree College for Boys, reachable after driving around 8 to 9 minutes on Bedian Road from DHA Lahore’s office, which is based in Sector A, Phase 6.
Universities in and near DHA, Lahore
When it’s about pursuing higher education, people living in Defence, Lahore are quite fortunate. Quite many top leading and reputed universities are functional in and near DHA, Lahore. Easy access to these academic institutions offers added convenience and saves commute expenses as well. Here are the details on the universities functional within the boundaries of the society:
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), a well-recognised name in the education sector recognised internationally for the quality of education and curriculum, is in Sector U, Phase 5, DHA. The college is listed among the top engineering universities in Lahore.
- A private university established since 2010 by Pakistan Army, Lahore Garrison University (LGU), is operating in Sector C, Phase 6, Defence. The university has earned a significant reputation over the period, and the PHEC Accreditation Committee has recognised and accepted its programmes. LGU offers degrees from Bachelors to M.Phil and Ph.D. in the domain of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Psychology, Management Sciences, Economics, Islamic Studies, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, International Relations, Pakistan Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Statistics, English, and Urdu.
- Pakistan's biggest transnational academic institution, The Millennium Universal College (TMUC), has a campus based in Sector F, Phase 6, DHA. TMUC offers international degree programmes from undergraduate to postgraduate level as well as professional education programmes in the fields of Business & Management, Hospitality Management, Fashion Textile, Film & Digital Art, Creative Media Production, Engineering & Computing, Law, Foundation Diploma and ACCA. TMUC is affiliated with the University of London, approved for Business & Technology Education programmes as well as a partner of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants & Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Additionally, the college is affiliated with The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
- DHA Phase 3, Lahore is home to NH&MC College of Nursing, and as the name implies, this is a nursing college offering BSN Post RN – 1-year degree programmes (Fast Track) and Post RN – 2 years BSN degree programmes. People with a passion for a career in nursing may opt to enrol here. Furthermore, a basic diploma in Licensed Practical Nursing is also offered here. This college is pinned in Sector L, Phase 3.
Besides, there are some well-recognised universities operational near DHA, Lahore. Discussed below are a few of them:
- Lahore Leads University (LLU) on Lidher Road in Kamahan is roughly 11 minutes’ drive away from LUMS. The university specialises in Computer Science & Information Technology, Pharmacy, Business Administration, Education, English, Engineering, Islamic, Law, Mass Communication, Math, Physical Education & Sports Science, Politics & International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, and Urdu. LLU is recognised by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan and chartered by the Government of Punjab.
- Students looking to pursue a career in IT can enrol in Information Technology University (ITU). This public university is approximately 7 km away from Lahore Grammar School (LGS) University, functional in Sector Y, Phase 3, DHA. ITU has been operational since 2012 in Arfa Software Technology Park, whereas, another campus of the university is under construction on Barki Road, Lahore. The university offers BS, MS, and Ph.D. programmes in Information Technology. Furthermore, you can choose from the following subjects for an MS degree:
- Development Studies: Development, Technology & Policy,
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
ITU offers a distinct programme named EMBITE, which is an Executive MBA in Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship. The university also offers a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The university is accredited by The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC), and other bodies.
Prospective engineers can seek the relevant education at the Lahore Institute of Science & Technology, which is functional in Madina Park at Bhatta Chowk on Bedian Road. This institute is accessible in a drive of about 11 minutes from Defence Housing Authority Lahore’s office. The university is affiliated with The Higher Education Commission (HEC) and offers BS programmes in Electrical Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering & Technology, Software Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science. However, the institute also provides undergraduate and graduate programmes in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Psychology, English, Physical Therapy, Business Administration, and Commerce.
Banks in DHA, Lahore
You will find branches of almost all the banks in DHA, Lahore. Here are the details on the location of a few banks operating in the society:
- Phase 1, DHA Lahore, is home to several banks, with Sector G hosting the majority. For instance, you will have access to First Women Bank, Meezan Bank, Bank Islami Summit Bank, United Bank Limited (UBL), Bank Al Habib, Bank Alfalah, Allied Bank Limited, and Soneri Bank Limited are all in Sector G. In contrast, AlBaraka Bank, Standard Chartered, Habib Bank Limited (HBL), and Faysal Bank are in Sector H, while The Bank of Punjab (BoP) is in Sector L.
- Coming to Phase 2 of DHA, Lahore, the Civic Commercial Area in Sector T and Sector S are home to well-known banks. Sector S is home to AlBaraka Bank, Allied Bank Limited, and MIB Bank (MCB Islamic Bank). In contrast, Sector T hosts JS Bank, National Bank of Pakistan, and Habib Bank Limited (HBL), Bank Islami, Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB), and Bank Alfalah. Another well-reputed Islamic banking service provider, Meezan Bank, is spotted in the Commercial Lane of Sector Q.
- Similarly, Phase 3 of Defence, Lahore, features several banks in Sector Y and Sector Z. Banks in Sector Y include Bank Al Habib, Bank Alfalah, Meezan Bank, JS Bank, Alfalah Bank’s Islamic branch, Sindh Bank, Bank Islami, Summit Bank, Askari Bank (Islamic Banking), and Bank of Khyber. You can also access Bank Alfalah’s another branch in Sector Z as well as branches of Bank of Punjab, Standard Chartered, National Bank of Pakistan, Allied Bank, Faysal Bank Islamic Branch, MCB Islamic Bank, Habib Bank Limited, United Bank Limited (UBL), and Samba Bank. A branch of Dubai Islamic Bank is present in Sector W, and a branch of MoneyGram is spotted in Sector Z.
- Many banks are also established in Phase 6, DHA, Lahore. Sector A is the hub of financial institutions. United Bank Limited (UBL), Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB), Faysal Bank, and Askari Bank are present here, while Bank Alfalah, Summit Bank, Bank Al Habib, and Faysal Bank are on Bedian Road in the same sector. Branches of other banks functional in Sector B include Allied Bank, Summit Bank, AlBaraka Bank, and National Bank of Pakistan (NBP). Sector H is hosting JS Bank and Meezan Bank, whereas Habib Bank Limited (HBL) and Bank of Punjab’s ATM are in Sector J.
- Phase 8 of Defence Lahore, which is undergoing development at a fast pace, features Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB) in Block D, Allied Bank Limited in Block (Air Avenue), and Meezan Bank in the Commercial Broadway.
Phases 4, 5, and 7 are also home to various banks in different sectors, and residents can readily access them to make transactions securely. Furthermore, a branch of Khushhali Microfinance Bank is pinned in Phase 4, DHA Lahore, in the Civic Commercial Area.
Initially, DHA, Lahore, did not have an electricity backup plan. As the population has increased over the years and more residential and commercial projects are being launched, DHA’s management has decided to set up its grid stations. The plan is to set up 21 grid stations, of which four are waiting for approval, six are in progress, and one 132KV grid station is active. The functional grid station supplies consistent electricity to DHA Phases 6 and 7.
Clinics and Hospitals in DHA, Lahore
Living in proximity to medical facilities makes a significant difference during emergencies. Other than convenience, you can easily manage routine check-ups when a physician is accessible at a short distance. That said, DHA has set up a large number of healthcare facilities in nearly all of its phases and sectors to cater to the various health issues of the diverse community.
Here are the details on some of the top-rated clinics functional in DHA, Lahore:
- DHA Phase 1, Sector K, hosts a Children’s Orthopaedic Clinic. The consultant here is a Professor of Paediatric Orthopaedics. This clinic is spotted at a drive of around 3 minutes from Charar Pind Bus Stop, pinned on Ghazi Road, Phase 2, DHA.
On the other hand, Phase 3, Defence, Lahore is home to several clinics catering to different medical problems. For instance, you can head to Arizona Dental Practice in Commercial Y Block, Sector Y, to get your dental issues treated. This is a contemporary, fully equipped facility in the locality. Then, there is an eye care clinic named Ali Retina Eye Clinic on Street 4 in Sector Y. This private clinic can be reached in a 4-minute drive from Bus Stop Y-Block Market, Street 10, Sector Y.
You will also spot the Diabetes Wellness Centre and KKT Orthopaedic Spine Centre in the Commercial Area of Phase 3, DHA Lahore. Both are equipped with modern medical equipment.
Additionally, there are various clinics in the society offering solutions for skin problems and cosmetic procedures. The two popular options among the local community are KOZMATICS in Sector XX, Khayaban-e-Iqbal and Defence Skin, Laser & Cosmetology Clinic on Ghazi Road, Sector Q in Phase 2, Defence Lahore. The two facilities have appointed qualified professionals, well-trained in their respective genres, as per the reviews on different social media platforms.
A very well-maintained skincare clinic, Bodevolution, is operating in DHA CCA, Phase 4. The clinic offers several services, including Carbon Laser Facial, Cosmetic Teeth Whitening, Cryolipolysis, Lipolysis, Stretch Marks Removal, Permanent Hair Reduction, and various others.
Coming to full-fledged hospitals in DHA, Lahore, you will find well-equipped options with state-of-the-art equipment and medical facilities offering a broad array of healthcare services. A few of them are:
- For the treatment of eye-related issues, you can consult a specialist in Akram Eye Hospital, situated on Street 5 in Khayaban-e-Jinnah, Main Boulevard, Phase 3, Defence, Lahore. The hospital offers an array of services such as Adjustable Suture Surgery, Treatments for Diplopia, Sutureless Cataract surgery (Phaco), Laser Refractive surgery (for the removal of glasses, permanently) PRK / TPRK /LASIK, Diabetic Retinopathy Screening, Fundus Autofluorescence (Retinal dystrophy), Squint Surgery, Argon laser for Retinal pathology ( PRP / Macular Grid ), Yag Laser for Capsular Opacity (PCO), Visual fields Analyser (Perimetry), OCT ( OHN / Macula ), Fundus Photography, CCT ( Central Corneal Thickness) and Corneal Cross linkage ( C3R/ UV-X ). Also, consultants and specialists at Akram Eye Hospital offer home visits for the disabled and elderly. Additionally, a dental clinic is also functional within the hospital's premises.
- National Hospital & Medical Centre (NH&MC) is functional in Phase 1, DHA, Lahore, for the past 30 years. The facility started its operations initially as an orthopaedic centre in 1991-92. As of today, NH&MC is one of the well-kept and tidy facilities in the locality, completely equipped with modern technology and equipment. The hospital offers 24/7 emergency services, backed by professional nursing staff and features a test & diagnostic centre as well. This medical facility features all the standard departments.
- Genex Aadil Hospital has served the community since 1987, pinned on the Main Boulevard of Phase 3, DHA, Lahore. Furthermore, the hospital is affiliated with the University of Health Sciences (UHS), recognised by Pakistan Dental & Medical Council (PM&DC) as a teaching hospital, notified by the Ministry of Health, Pakistan, and licensed by Punjab Healthcare Commission as a teaching hospital. Besides standard departments, this facility features Dentistry & Oral Hygiene, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General & Laparoscopic Surgery, Psychiatry & Behavioural Science, Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery, Cosmetology, Food & Nutrition, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Paediatrics & Neonatal Care, Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Cardiology, Pain Medicine, Trauma Centre, and Hair Transplant departments. Moreover, the hospital boasts 24/7 ambulances and emergency units.
- DHA Medical Centre is another healthcare facility functional in Phase 3, DHA, Lahore. This medical centre features an Emergency Unit (accessible round the clock), ICU and NICU along with a wide array of departments led by specialists/consultants with years of experience.
- Lahore Healthcare, a private medical facility established in 2003 in Phase 3, DHA, features the departments of General Medicine, Gynaecology, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, and Obesity. A pharmacy and laboratory are also operational in the facility.
The Lahore Aga Khan Hospital is also sited on Ghazi Road in Sector S, Phase 2 of DHA Lahore, and The Aga Khan Laboratory Collection Centre is established in Sector K, Phase 1 of Defence Lahore.
Furthermore, you will come across branches of Chughtai Lab, one of the famous pathology labs, functional in different sectors of Phase 1, 2, and 4 in DHA, Lahore.
PROPERTIES IN DHA, LAHORE
Sales Price Trends in DHA, Lahore
Defence Housing Authority, Lahore is one of the most expensive and upscale residential communities in the city, established at a prime location and offering an easy commute to other areas. Defence Lahore is among the few societies that strictly follow construction bylaws. For this reason, the entire locality features unparalleled alignment of residential and commercial units, markets, greenbelts, well-maintained parks, and fully carpeted roads. Effective implementation of such laws has boosted the value of properties in DHA, Lahore, over the years. This fact is also backed by the search trends for buying properties in Lahore on Zameen.com, as seen in the info-graph posted above.
Homebuyers interested in buying a house can look for options in Phases 1 to 4 since these phases are densely populated, and commercial zones are intensely active. The property prices in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore are subject to change and details are discussed below:
Houses for Sale in DHA, Lahore
Several 5, 7, 8, 10 marla, and 1, and 2 kanal single-storey and double-storey houses are up for sale in Defence Lahore. These are standard sizes of houses across the society. The units for sale in the locality boast spacious rooms, attached baths, tile flooring, international quality fittings and fixtures, robust infrastructure, proper parking spaces, and servant quarters, depending on the overall area size of the house.
The rates of houses largely depend on the location and the type of unit. For example, if there are shops and grocery stores nearby, a home will be expensive. A 5 marla house in DHA, Lahore, has a starting price of PKR 77 lakh that goes up to PKR 3 crore. The price bracket of 10 marla houses up for sale in Defence Lahore starts from PKR 1.5 crore and goes as high as PKR 4.45 crore. You can also go through the price analysis of 10 marla units in the society. On the other hand, units constructed on big area sizes, for example, 1 kanal in DHA, Lahore, are available for purchase for PKR 1.65 crore to PKR 36.5 crore. For further details on the rates, you can read our comprehensive price analysis of 1 kanal houses for sale in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore.
Plots for Sale in DHA, Lahore
The residential plots in DHA, Lahore are of 5, 7, 8, 10 marla, as well as 1 and 2 kanal. Potential buyers can either make a full payment or buy the plots in easy instalments.
Plots in Defence, Lahore are not only ideal for residence but are also profitable from an investment point of view. The price of 1 kanal plots in DHA, Lahore, is around PKR 42 lakh to PKR 4.65 crore. The price for a 10 marla plot in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, is between PKR 31 lakh, which can go up to PKR 3.55 crore, while 5 marla residential plots are available for sale in Defence Lahore for PKR 24 lakh to PKR 3.25 crore.
Different phases have different prices of same area size plots, as the rates are also influenced by how densely populated the phase is, commercial activities, infrastructure and development status, and whether it is close to major amenities and facilities. Given such factors, you can read our analysis of 10 marla plots in DHA, Lahore, for a better overview, and if you want to invest in bigger plots, then give our price analysis of 1 kanal plots in Defence, Lahore a read.
Flats for Sale in DHA, Lahore
There are many apartments in DHA, Lahore, available for sale. The developing projects here are Air Avenue Luxury Apartments in Phase 8, Goldcrest Mall & Residency in Phase 4, and several others in different phases of Defence, Lahore. You can buy a luxurious 1-bed, 2-bed, or 3-bed unit in Goldcrest Mall & Residency. The residential flats available in this project can be found on the fifth to fourteenth floors. The apartment types available here include studio apartments, Suite A 3-bedroom of 1771 square feet, Suite B 2-bedroom of 1600 square feet, Suite C 1-bed flat of 1001 square feet, Suite E 1-bedroom of 632 square feet, Suited Maisonette Lower 1-bed of 1134 square feet, and Suited Maisonette Upper 2-bed, 1134 square feet. Also, Air Avenue Luxury Apartments are considered ideal for 2-bed and 3-bed apartments in DHA, Lahore. This earthquake-resistant project offers 2-bed flats, along with attached baths, a gallery, a kitchen, and a lounge. Its 3-bed units have an additional duct, powder room, and an entrance lobby. The area of flats in this project ranges between 900 square feet to 2,250 square feet.
Besides, Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, is home to several old and new flats that are well-equipped with different facilities. You can also choose from the under-development projects as well, where bookings are open. The rates of apartments are greatly influenced by the location, floor plan, fixtures, number of rooms, facilities, furnishings, and total area size. Considering all such factors, the rate of a 1-bedroom flat in DHA, Lahore ranges between PKR 1.1 crore to PKR 1.75 crore. There is a considerable difference in sales price because units are constructed in different area sizes and feature various amenities. A 2-bed flat can be bought for PKR 75 lakh to PKR 3 crore, while 3-bed apartments have an asking price of PKR 1.35 crore to PKR 3.8 crore.
Rent Price Trends in DHA, Lahore
Since DHA, Lahore is among the well-planned residential communities of the city featuring well-reputed academic institutions, medical facilities, shopping avenues and a range of amenities as well as other conveniences, the rental rate here is, therefore, quite high. This is why DHA is among the most popular localities for renting properties in Lahore, as seen on Zameen.com’s search trends.
Discussed below are the rental trends of residential properties in DHA, Lahore:
Houses for Rent in DHA, Lahore
The monthly rent of houses in Defence varies even for the same area sizes. This is because some units are offered either fully furnished or semi-furnished for rent. Also, houses of the same area sometimes differ in rates based on the number of rooms, quality of fittings, and other factors. The minimum rent of a 5 marla house in DHA, Lahore, is PKR 25,000 per month. The maximum rent for the same area size, typically a furnished 3-bed unit, is around PKR 2.5 lakh per month. Meanwhile, the lowest per month rent of 10 marla houses in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore is PKR 45,000, and the highest is around PKR 3.5 lakh. The asking rent of 1 kanal houses in Defence Lahore is between PKR 40,000 to PKR 4 lakh.
Flats for Rent in DHA, Lahore
If you are considering renting a 1-bed, 2-bed or 3-bed flat in DHA Lahore, then you can easily find a unit that fits your requirements and budget. The monthly rent of apartments in DHA Defence Lahore varies from units to units. The average rent for a 1-bed apartment in DHA starts at PKR 25 thousand and goes as high as PKR 1.2 lakh per month. The monthly sum required to rent a 2-bed flat can be anywhere between PKR 25 thousand to PKR 3 lakh. On the other hand, 3-bedroom apartments can have the lowest asking rent of PKR 34 thousand, going as high as PKR 2.5 lakh.
Commercial Properties in DHA, Lahore
Lahore ranks as the second-most densely populated city in the country. It is now not just a major cultural centre of Pakistan, but also an ever-expanding metropolis. The commercial areas in DHA, Lahore are not only drawing investment from across Pakistan since they offer profitable investment opportunities to investors and business people.
The commercial properties up for sale in Defence, Lahore include commercial plots, buildings, plazas, complete offices, and shops. Potential investors and business people can also buy 2, 4, 8, and 32 marla commercial plots in Defence Housing Society and can develop shops, offices, and plazas on them. Additionally, since DHA is the most prominent business address, several multinational companies, corporate juggernauts, and software houses seek adequate office space on rent here.
You will find ample commercial properties for rent in DHA, Lahore, including completely furnished and unfurnished offices as well as shops.
Every phase of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore features fully developed and active commercial areas. Phases 3 and 4, in contrast to other phases, have the most thriving commercial zones. Furthermore, Defence Phase 8 is also ripe for buying commercial properties in DHA Lahore, according to Zameen.com’s search statistics.
If interested in commercial plots, you can go through the map of Phase 8, Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, available on Zameen.com’s PlotFinder. This map-based application helps in finding plots of different area sizes in a locality as well as details of the neighbourhood.
Most Popular Phases in DHA, Lahore
Defence Phase 6 is ranked number one according to property buying trends in DHA, Lahore. This is because one of the intra-city Daewoo terminals is pinned in Sector A, DHA Phase 6, besides other modes of public transportation. The phase is also home to The City School as well as Lahore Garrison University. Defence Raya Golf Club & Resort is also situated in Phase 6, and two significant arteries, Barki Road and Shabbir Sharif Road are easily accessible from this phase. The Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), which is one of the top business schools in Lahore, is in Sector U of Phase 5, only a 12-minute drive from Phase 6. Moreover, Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute (PKLI) And Research Centre is spotted right opposite Phase 6 in Knowledge City, PKLI Avenue.
Coming to phases that are preferred by potential tenants, Phase 5 is one of the most popular phases of Defence, Lahore, according to rental property trends on Zameen. This phase is home to Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). This could be one reason that people, especially students, seek properties for rent in DHA Phase 5. The minimum rent of a fully-furnished one room unit in DHA Phase 5 starts at PKR 18, 000. The rental rate is, however, subject to change.
SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS AND BAKERIES
Malls in and near DHA, Lahore
Defence Housing Authority, Lahore has made sure that its residents do not have to travel to other parts of the city to shop for top-notch brands, grocery, and other stuff. Besides markets and independent retailers, there are scores of shopping malls in DHA, Lahore, where you can find branded and unbranded outlets of women and children’s clothing, accessories, stationery, gift items, jewellery, footwear, cosmetics, and a variety of other products.
To begin with, ENEM Mall is spotted at Street 8 in Phase 3. This is a multi-brand mall that stocks a broad range of local and European brands, such as Zara, Michael Kors, and Polo Ralph Lauren. ENEM could be your go-to store for some contemporary fashion accessories and apparel (majorly western).
The Main Boulevard of DHA, Lahore hosts Rafi Group’s Defence Shopping Mall featuring local stores dealing in women’s clothing and accessories and some home renovation stores.
Another mall in Defence, Lahore, is Avenue Mall, found in Block P on main Ghazi Road, approximately 8 minutes’ drive from Bilal Store Bus Stop, Phase 1. The mall has a famous international supermarket, Carrefour, on the lower ground floor. Moreover, there are a few international and Pakistani brands of fashion accessories, sports goods and accessories, footwear, cosmetics & skincare, electronics, home décor items, children's wear, and many other products present here. Also, the mall is home to gift stores, banks, money exchanges, gyms, and spas. Avenue Mall also features an entertainment avenue, Playdium, a fun place with different exciting rides and games for all age-groups. Moreover, a Food Court awaits the foodies; however, there are individual restaurant outlets as well that serve Japanese, Chinese, American, Italian, Pakistani, and other cuisines near the mall.
Fortunately, some of the renowned malls in Lahore are situated near DHA. One such mall is the iconic Packages Mall, present on Walton Road in Nishtar Town. The mall is around 5 km away from DHA Sports Complex in Sector XX, Phase 3. The mall has an exceptional and contemporary architecture and is home to top-notch brands of national and international brands. Also, the mall has a huge food court with kiosks of nearly all the popular local and international eateries and restaurants. Then, the mall is also home to the Cinepax cinema that screens new releases every week. Other fun-to-do activities in the mall are playing Laser Tag at Funholics, Ice Skating or playing different indoor games and enjoying exciting rides at Superspace.
Besides, you can also head to Amanah Mall located on Model Town Link Road in G.E.C.H.S., Phase 2 Muhammadpura. This mall is roughly 8 km away from DHA Sports Complex, pinned in Phase 3, Defence. So, when it comes to shopping for the most stylish and modern western or eastern ready-to-wear apparel or unstitched fabric for all sexes and age groups, you can just head to Amanah Mall. The mall also features branded footwear stores, cosmetics, and jewellery stores (artificial, gold, and silver variety), fashion accessories ranging from hair clips, hairbands, watches, bags, belts, wallets, and other essentials. Additionally, when taking a break from shopping, you can dine-in at the food court featuring Pakistani, Continental, and Chinese cuisines. Also, you can head to the leisure area named Magic Planet to enjoy entertaining rides, bumper cars, Virtual Reality games, 100+ digital games, trampoline parks, roller skating, soft play area, and crazy hunting. Adults can go for a movie at the Cinepax Cinemas that features high-end surround sound and fine-quality screens. A gym is also functioning in Amanah Mall named Velocity Fitness Club, equipped with up-to-date equipment and machines.
Restaurants And Bakeries in DHA, Lahore
DHA, Lahore offers a complete and contemporary lifestyle to its residents and does not disappoint when it comes to restaurants and eateries. Some of the famous restaurants in DHA, Lahore are recommended for their fast food or Pakistani cuisines, while others are known for their exotic Chinese, Thai, and Japanese cuisines. Below are the details on the top-rated restaurants situated in Defence, Lahore:
X2 Pan Asian
X2 Pan Asian is known for its extensive menu of Pan Asian cuisines encompassing a variety of starters and main courses. This is a fine-dining restaurant catering to seafood lovers as well as chicken and beef fans. X2 is one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Lahore, located in Y Block, Phase 3.
Sumo is known for serving authentic Japanese food. This fine-dining eatery is functional in Z Block, Phase 3, DH. Red Snapper, Sushi, Norwegian Salmon, Tenderloin Beef, and Hibachi Chicken/Prawn are a must-try.
GAI’A Japanese Fusion
GAI'A Japanese Fusion is another eatery renowned for authentic taste. This is a high-end, fine-dining eatery situated in the Commercial Area of Phase 5, Defence. Frequent diners rave about their Spicy Tuna Maki, Wagyu Beef Nigiri, Lobster Roll, Udon Noodles with Duck in Oyster Sauce & Cashew Nuts, Salmon Sashimi and Volcano Maki on different social media platforms. For dessert, Dark Chocolate Torte is a must-try. Additionally, visitors have rated their service excellent.
Yum Chinese & Thai
Chinese and Thai food lovers can’t get enough of Yum Chinese & Thai Restaurant, functioning in Z Block, Phase 3. Other than beef and chicken, they also serve scrumptious duck, cooked by expert chefs. Ducks cooked in Hot Garlic Sauce and BBQ Sauce are famous among frequent diners. Moreover, the Mongolian Duck, prepared in Mongolian spices, Thai Green Curry, and Singapore Noodles, are a hit on their menu.
Bar. B. Q. Tonight
Bar. B. Q Tonight is one of the prominent names with branches spread across in Pakistan. One of its subsidiaries is spotted in the Commercial Area of Sector Z, Phase 3. The restaurant ranks among the top barbeque restaurants in Lahore.
Thanda Garam-TG has the edge over other eateries since it caters to the diet-conscious community. People looking for a healthy menu can head to shop number 8 on Street 17 in Sector Y, Phase 3, DHA. They have a unique and healthy menu that includes a variety of waffles, omelettes, sandwiches, paninis, wraps, detox juices, smoothies, frappuccinos, hot beverages, shakes, and a lot more.
Bundu Khan is one of the oldest restaurants serving in DHA, Lahore. Even though DHA is now home to several international and fine-dining eateries, yet Bundu Khan maintains its place and desi food lovers head to the branch, located at Street 22 in Sector Z, Phase 3.
Those craving authentic steaks should head to Bovinoes in Sector FF, Phase 4. Frequent visitors rave about their T-bone steaks. Though Bovinoes is a steak house in DHA, Lahore, they also serve burgers, a variety of pasta (among which Penne Arrabiata is a must-try), and desserts in their menu.
Initially started as a bakery, Sweet Affairs is now a well-known eatery in Lahore. It is present in the Civic Commercial Area, Phase 4. The place offers a cosy ambience that adds value to the entire dining experience. Their Brick Oven Pizza and Rice Bowls are popular among frequent diners and Molten Lava Cake from the dessert menu. Sweet Affairs also takes orders for customised cakes for special events.
Smokey’s Texas Grill
Smokey’s Texas Grill is an American steakhouse spotted on Street 13, Y Block, Phase 3, right behind Potpourri. As per reviews, steaks served here are an absolute must-have. Cowboy Steak and T Bone Steak are top recommended from their menu, followed by Alfredo Pasta. They also serve gourmet burgers, pizzas, and grilled chicken.
Apart from the renowned eateries in Defence, there are a plethora of local and international food chains functioning in different phases of the society.
A few are mentioned below, phase-wise:
Starting from Phase 1 of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, Sector H of the phase hosts some top-rated eateries, known for their exclusive menu, taste, ambience, and cuisines. These include:
- Thalii Restaurant offering different combinations of thallis
- What Paratha in Plaza H 85, serves fresh assorted parathas.
- AlBeirut Lebanese Cuisine is ideal for authentic Lebanese and Arabic food. The eatery also has branches in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
- Dumpukht Kada in H Market on Street 143. The eatery specialises in a variety of Afghani cuisines.
- Cock 'N' Bull is a pizza and steakhouse that also caters to Shawarma lovers. Their menu also includes pasta and a few Continental and Chinese dishes.
- Subway, KFC, Pizza Hut, and McDonald’s are all functional in Phase 1.
As for Phase 2, DHA, Lahore, you will find ample eateries serving a wide variety of food. Some of these are:
- The Burger Cart serves delicious beef burgers, located in Sector V Phase 2.
- Chao Pan Asian in Sector V is a specialist in authentic Chinese and Asian food fusion.
- KFC is in the commercial Sector H, while Hardee’s and OPTP are in Sector T, near Lalik Chowk.
Since DHA Phase 3, Lahore is commercially more active than Phases 1 and 2, when it comes to dining out, you will have access to plenty of options, operating in Sectors Y and Z. Almost all the big food chains have their branches here. To cite a few examples:
- Fast food lovers have McDonald’s near Sheeba Park pretty close to Y Block Market, and Broadway Pizza and Subway on Street 10.
- KFC and Domino’s Pizza Gourmet Grill can be reached in Sector Z.
- Chop Chop Wok is found in Sector Z. They also have their branches in Karachi.
- Rina’s Kitchenette is a good option when it comes to gourmet burgers. You can find this eatery in the Commercial Area in Sector Y, Phase 3.
- Wasabi, one of the renowned Japanese restaurants in Lahore, known for serving authentic Japanese food, is functioning in Sector Z.
- Nando’s has a branch in Sector Z, Commercial Area on Street 17. Their Flame Grilled Chicken and Espetada are preferred from the main course. However, Peri Peri Bites from their appetisers is a significant hit.
Furthermore, Phase 3, DHA is home to some international coffee places. For example, Dunkin Donuts is in the Commercial Area of Sector Z, while Coffee Planet and Gloria Jean’s Coffee are in Sector Z. These are listed among the best work-friendly cafes in Lahore.
DHA Phase 4 is home to some Chinese restaurants, rated highly on Google Maps. For instance, The Wok Pakistan, China Town/Jade Café, and Mei Kong in Sector FF and Wok This Way in Civic Commercial Area, Block DD, are the most prominent names.
There is an Organic Food Store in Sector FF near Mei Kong, namely, Naturals. This place offers freshly prepared and healthy diet-friendly baked delicacies, confectionaries, and savouries. The store also sells high-quality fresh veggies and fruits.
A Continental eatery, Café Portofino, is functional in the Civic Commercial Area in Block DD, while Subway has a branch in DD Block, Civic Commercial Area.
Phase 5 of DHA hosts quite a few eminent and big coffee chains, tucked between some restaurants and cafes serving quality food and featuring a pleasing ambience. Some prime examples in this regard are:
- Veera 5 Thai & Chinese Cuisine on Street 1 in Sector C. The cuisines served are well-blended with authentic spices. Bian Chao Beef and Tom Yum Soup are especially recommended.
- Dock27, situated on Street 8, Sector C, is perfect for a fine-dining experience. Their menu comprises pizzas, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, beef, and chicken main course entrees, as well as a variety of drinks.
- Covent Garden is known for its fast food lovers. Their Peri Peri Chicken is the most ordered item from the menu. The eatery also serves English and Desi breakfast.
Coming to high-end coffeehouses in Phase 5, the places listed below are renowned for their premium coffee and distinct flavours:
- Gloria Jean's is in Block J, Mocca Coffee and Second Cup in Sector C, The Delicatessen by Cosa Nostra in Civic Commercial Area. Other than coffee, these places also serve savouries, bakery items, sandwiches, burgers, and entrees.
A branch of KFC is spotted in the Civic Commercial Area of the phase.
Similar to other phases of DHA, Phase 6 is also home to several eateries. The international food chains Domino's, Broadway Pizza, and Subway are also accessible here. Also, a branch of Coffee Planet is functioning on the Main Commercial Boulevard of Phase 6, while Gloria Jean's is in Sector H.
BLVD 56 in Sector B is one of the top-rated places in the phase, featuring a vibrant menu of Continental, Italian, a few Chinese cuisines, Fast Food, Desserts, and Beverages.
Other than these, The Place in Defence Raya Golf Club & Resort is also a good choice. They feature Oriental, Regional as well as many International recipes on their menu.
The Sweet Tooth in Sector J is popular among the local community for their deep-pan pizzas and sweet gol gappas.
Though Phase 8 is under-development, yet it hosts some eateries, among which Outpost BYOB (Build Your Own Burger) is spotted in Ex Park View, Block D, Park View CHS. BYOB is one of the most recommended burger places in Lahore.
The High End is another dine-out option in DHA Phase 8 - Ex Park View, Block D, Park View CHS featuring an outdoor dining area. The flavourful desi and Asian cuisines served in a quiet and mesmerising ambience add value to the overall experience.
Similar to eateries, several bakeries are also functional in DHA, Lahore. The following are some popular options here:
- La- Patisserie and Jalal Sons Bakery & Café in Sector Y, Phase 3. Jalal Sons also has a branch in Sector G, Phase 1
- Cakes & Bakes is spotted in Sector M, Phase 1
- Another branch of Cakes & Bakes is in Sector FF, Phase 4
- Gourmet Bakers & Sweets is accessible in Block T, Sector FF, Phase 4
- Opulence Bakery is in the Central Commercial Area, Sector C, Phase 5
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, FITNESS AND BEAUTY
DHA is home to a variety of facilities such as fitness centres, salons, and spas, parks, cinema, playgrounds, a sports academy, clubs as well as play areas for children.
Sports Facilities and Fitness Centres in DHA, Lahore
Given the importance of physical activities in our daily routine, Defence Housing Authority, Lahore has established many sports complexes, gyms, and academies in different phases. These facilities are ideal for various sports and fitness activities and also organise community level competitions occasionally as well as summer coaching camps every year for Cricket, Football, Judo / Karate, Skating, Tennis, Archery, Swimming, and Basketball.
Here are the details on the sports facilities in DHA, Lahore that offer access to many amenities to the registered members:
- The G Block Sports Complex, which is also referred to as Mini Sports (TNS Ground) and K Ground in Phase 5, Defence is at a 2-minute drive from Lahore Grammar School & University. Football, Hockey and Handball grounds are the prime facilities available at the sports complex. In contrast, a Volleyball court, Judo Karate, Open Fitness Facility, Climbing Walls for kids, Basketball Courts, Badminton Courts, Tennis Courts, Table Tennis, Cricket Alley, and Jogging Track are some other facilities available to registered members. Additionally, the ground also hosts Ijaz Ahmed DHA Cricket Academy.
- Phase 3, Defence, Lahore is also home to sports facilities, functional in Sectors XX and Y. Both sports complexes have similar major facilities that include Hockey ground, Swimming Pool, Gymnasium, Steam Bath, and Futsal Ground as well as minor ones that encompass Open Fitness Centre, Basketball Court, Badminton Courts, Tennis Courts, Cricket Alley, Jogging Track and Skating Rink. All these are accessible to registered members only. Aerobics, Aqua Aerobics, and Yoga classes are also offered at the gymnasium. Besides, the XX Sports Complex also hosts a Cricket Academy.
- The sports complex in Sector L, Phase 1 of Defence area Lahore also offers access to several sports amenities similar to the above two, for example, Rugby Ground, Hockey ground, Football ground, Open Fitness Centre, Basketball Court, Badminton Court, Volleyball Court, Skating Ring and Jogging Track..
- Phase 8, DHA is also home to E-Sports Complex and F Sports Complex, operating in E and F Block of the society in Park View CHS, respectively. The two complexes feature a jogging track, a tennis court, a football field, and other facilities.
Furthermore, DHA Rugby and Football Stadium are established in Sector K, Phase 5, DHA, Lahore.
Coming to gyms and fitness centres in DHA, Lahore, other than the gymnasiums and open fitness centres available in the sports complexes discussed above, you can also head to the gyms established in nearly all the phases of the society. Among the huge list, below are the top-rated ones by members. These gyms are also listed among the most popular fitness centres in Lahore:
- SUMMIT Lifestyle Studio Gym is functional in Sector Y of Phase 3, well-reputed for result-driven fitness programmes backed by experienced and knowledgeable instructors (as seen on their website). Additionally, they offer Measurable Fat Loss Results with a money-back guarantee and a Genetic Lifestyle Solution.
- Sector Y, Phase 3, is also home to Brick Gym & Crossfit, where members are given classes on high-intensity workouts, crossfit and running, cardio, and muscle building. You can also register for martial classes, MMA training specialized in Muay Thai encompassing Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing & Karate.
- Convert Fitness Atelier is also spotted in Phase 3, Sector Z. As seen on their official Facebook page, they offer dance classes as well to burn extra calories and help people remain in shape, other than the tedious and challenging workout sessions.
- ACTIVFIT is set up in the Commercial Area of Sector Z, Phase 3, with top-quality equipment and fitness machines. Moreover, according to their official website, the gym has appointed internationally-trained fitness instructors for registered members.
- Fitness Planet Gym & Crossfit Studio is one of the state-of-the-art fitness centres, situated in Phase 8, in Ex-Air Avenue. The facility is open for both men and women.
- You will find FitMark in Phase 4’s Block DD. You can either choose to register for the gym only or go for the various packages that come with a personal trainer.
- AimFit Fitness Studio in Sector C, Civic Commercial Area, Phase 5 offers a range of group classes for men and women. The group fitness classes include PowerPilates, DanceFit, ComboFit, Lift, YogaFlow, CoreBlast, and GritFit.
- Shapes is one of the well-known names in the fitness industry that has five branches in Lahore as well as one branch each in Karachi, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, and Multan. Among the five facilities in Lahore, one is located in Sector G, Phase 5, Defence, Lahore. Shapes Fitness Centre has built a strong repo with its consistently updated workout and training sessions, backed by well-trained instructors, who are always ready to push members towards achieving their fitness goals. The gym offers several fitness classes, MMA, yoga, and aerobics, as well as personalised exercise programmes. Shapes also features an indoor and covered swimming pool for both men and women. A pool for kids aged between 4 and 14 is also available.
Parks and Clubs in DHA, Lahore
Defence Housing Authority, Lahore has set up not just one but several lush green parks in nearly all of its phases at different intervals. Their horticulture department is responsible for developing and maintaining public parks throughout Defence, Lahore.
Discussed here are a few parks in DHA, Lahore, popular among the local community for their beautiful ambience and scenic views:
- Sheeba Park in Sector Y, Phase 3, is adjacent to McDonald’s outlet and DHA Swimming Pool & Gym Complex. The park features a jogging track and colourful fresh flower beds at different intervals. This is a perfect spot to destress in a peaceful setting.
- HH Park in Phase 4, Defence has a children's play area, a few birds and ducks (one of the attractions for the kids), and a walking/jogging track. People usually come here for morning and evening walks, jogging, and yoga.
- There are two famous parks in Phase 4, Askari and CC Park. Both feature badminton courts, play areas for kids, basketball courts, and long walking and jogging tracks.
- Phase 6 is home to H-Park, a beautiful, neat, and tidy establishment featuring several colourful flower beds throughout the park. You will come across beautiful flowers and plants, small monuments of a few famous landmarks of Pakistan, play areas for kids, and small monuments of animals adorned with seasonal flowers. The entire H-Park offers a pleasing view to visitors.
- Sector J Park is functional in Phase 5 and similar to other parks in the society, this is a perfect place to jog, walk, and unwind stress in a serene and green environment.
- Phase 8 Park in Block E of Park View CHS also offers a great view, featuring an artificial lake with ducks swimming in it. Furthermore, there is ample space for families to hang around, sit, and relax on the lush green grass or benches. Additionally, the park has seasonal flowers planted at different intervals.
- A park is found in Sector P, Phase 1, DHA. Other than the lush greenery and flowers, this park also features a small basketball court and an open-air gym. This park is spotted near Sector P Masjid.
The clubs situated in different phases of DHA Lahore include The Defence Club in J-Sector, Phase 1, The Defence Club in R-Sector, Phase 2, and The Defence Club in FF-Sector, Phase 4. These clubs offer access to registered members only, where they can avail sports facilities, dine-in at the restaurants, or organise events at the banquet hall. The club in J-Sector, Phase 1, also features a library, community hall, and guest rooms, while the FF-Sector club has a gymnasium as well.
Defence Raya Golf and Country Club in Phase 6, DHA is a resort that also features a splendid clubhouse with an 18-hole championship golf course. It is situated on 3M Avenue in Sector M, Phase 6. This amenity features around 30 guest rooms, Separate Gym & Fitness Centre and Indoor Swimming Pool for men and women, Kids Zone, Prayer Room, games & recreation, Corporate Meeting Rooms, Cigar Lounge, Continental and Fine Dining Indoor and Outdoor Restaurants, Banquet Hall, and The Resident's Lounge.
The Resident’s Lounge offers a relaxing space to visitors where they can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, along with salads, sandwiches, and freshly prepared bakery items with friends and family. Coming to games and recreation, Defence Raya features a Tennis Court, Card Room, Squash Court, Table Tennis Court, and a facility for playing Snooker and Billiards. The resort also features a movie theatre, Digital 3D Cine Star Cinema, where new releases from Lollywood and Hollywood are screened. Additionally, there is a salon and spa, but only registered members are allowed to utilise the services.
Coming to the golf course, this is a par 72 course, designed by experienced professionals to host championship tournaments. Beginners to expert-level golfers are welcome to practice their skills here and learn new skills from pros. Furthermore, the facility features seven lakes and several lush green trees and an extensive practice area. Additionally, potential golfers can register for individual or group golf training programs here, led by two well-trained golfers. There is a golf simulator in the Pro Shop, accessible to members and their guests. The Pro Shop deals in all the contemporary golfing equipment, relevant accessories, and merchandise.
Defence R Club on Street 7 in Sector R, Phase 2, Defence is a community centre, where residents and members organise different events and parties. Besides, this club also has a coffee shop.
Salons and Spas in DHA, Lahore
Residents of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore have easy access to almost all the popular salons that are well-equipped, have trained staff, and use high-quality products. Moreover, people from other neighbourhoods also visit the salons and spas functional in DHA, Lahore, for different services.
Starting with Toni&Guy, this is an international brand with a stellar reputation in the respective industry. Luckily, one of its branches is functional in Sector Z, Phase 3. Toni&Guy is majorly known for its versatile hair services, holding 50+ years of experience in the beauty industry. The salon caters to both men and women.
Similarly, Cosmo Salon also offers complete salon services to men and women, operating in Sector Y, Phase 3. This facility also offers bridal and groom makeovers as well as photography services for events. For bridal makeovers, Uzma Ashfaq Bridal Studio in Z Bock, Madeehas Bridal Salon and Studio (Sector XX), and Amina Z. Salon & Makeup Studio (Sector Y) are the most preferred options, situated in the Commercial Area of Phase 3.
On the other hand, Trimmers, a famous name among men’s salons, is accessible in Phase 2, DHA, Lahore, along with Trimmers Salon for Women in the same locality. Additionally, The Kids’ Salon in Sector Y, Phase 3, is designed specifically for children of all ages to keep them engaged and happy in the setting.
On the contrary, Phase 3 and Phase 4 are home to the big names of the industry. Other well-known beauty salons in Defence Lahore are:
- The ZQ Salon and Spa is in Sector Z, Phase 3
- Sonia’s Beauty Salon is spotted on the Main Boulevard, while Sahar’s Salon is on Avenue 4, Sector A, Phase 6
- Bellezza Women’s Beauty Studio in Sector L, Phase 1
- Hadiqa Kiani Salon, Depilex Beauty Clinic & Institute, and The Lounge By Depilex Men are in Civic Commercial Area, Phase 4
Coming to spas in DHA Lahore, there are ample options that specialise in a variety of massages and relaxing techniques. A few of the highest-rated are mentioned below:
- Salt Cave Spa at Street 11 in Sector Y DHA Phase 3, Lahore
- Nirvana Day Spa and Salon in Sector G and Arammish Spa in Sector (Civic Commercial Area). Both are established in Phase 5, Defence, Lahore
Cinemas in and near DHA, Lahore
Given the fact that watching the latest movies is an activity enjoyed by everybody, moviegoers can quickly head to the various cinemas located in and near DHA, Lahore. For instance, DHA Cinema is functional in Sector R, Phase 2, in proximity to Lalik Jan Chowk. The cinema offers an ultimate movie experience featuring the all-new digital 3D 4K projector and surround sound system. Also, a canteen is accessible within the cinema serving a variety of snacks.
Residents can also head to Cinepax Cinema, based in Packages Mall, at a distance of about 4 km from DHA Sports Complex in Sector XX, Phase 3. This is one of the top-rated cinemas in Lahore that comes under the umbrella of Cinepax Cinemas, with twelve movie theatres established in nine cities across Pakistan. The cinema has three types of theatres categorised as Gold, Platinum, and CMAXX Experience. CMAXX has the biggest cinema screen, while the other two movie theatre types also offer an incomparable experience to movie watchers.
DHA, Lahore, hosts various events throughout the year for the community, and many events are also open to non-DHA residents.
For instance, Jashan-e-Baharan, where a wide array of colourful fresh flowers are showcased, is organised every year. Other events organised in Defence, Lahore, include Musical Nights, Ghazal Nights, Pet Show, Dog Show, Grand Tambola, Fitness Challenges, and Sports Activities, to name a few.
There are various attractions and recreational avenues present in DHA, Lahore, and in the nearby areas. Residents of DHA can enjoy their time at The Defence Raya Golf Resort & Club, which is located in Sector M, DHA Phase 6, visit Passion Art Gallery in Sector J (Phase 1), and go for gaming at Gamers Revolution in DD Block (Phase 4), Transfinity VR (Phase 3), and Big Town Gaming Zone in Sector H (Phase 1).
Additionally, you can plan dinners with family and friends at the different popular casual and fine-dining eateries situated in Defence, Lahore.
Furthermore, other entertainment avenues spotted near Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, include Shalimar Bagh, which is one of most-visited picnic spots in Lahore, around 25 minutes’ drive away from DHA’s office in Phase 6. Similarly, Mini Zoo in Block E 2, Gulberg III, can be driven to in 17 minutes from DHA Sports Complex in Sector XX, Phase 3.
The Battlefield (amusement park) on Ghazi Road in Khuda Buksh Colony and Moscow Water Park in Kamahan Village are also recommended options to enjoy leisure time. Both spots are roughly 11 minutes’ drive away from Defence Lahore’s office, Phase 6. The Battlefield offers a range of activities to visitors, including Paintball, Football and Cricket Zone, ATV Car Racing, Bungee Trampoline, and Zipline. Also, you can get your hands on some refreshments and snacks at Maula Baksh Café.
Moreover, Model Town, which is one of the preferred localities in Lahore for buying and renting properties, is home to the well-maintained and popular Model Town Park, around 8 km away from DHA Sports Complex in Sector XX, Phase 3.
You can also take your children to Wonder World Pakistan, which is one of the best entertainment spots for kids in Lahore. It’s a huge indoor amusement park located on Qarshi Road in Block E 3, Gulberg III. Also, Army Museum Lahore, one of the must-visit museums in Lahore, is approximately 9 km away from National Hospital & Medical Centre, Sector L, Phase 1, Defence.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Investing in any property in DHA is always relatively safe. There are strict by-laws for the construction of houses in DHA, Lahore, and it also limits the number of people living in a particular phase. As per the regulations, the division of plots is not allowed; for example, a 1 kanal plot cannot be subdivided and sold to different buyers. Also, there are pre-defined, standard sizes and lengths of structures, especially when it comes to houses.
Besides, the management of DHA is planning to upgrade parks, schools, commercial areas, mosques, and other amenities in the older phases, as per the latest standards. The infrastructure found in DHA Phases 1 to 4 is old, and as such, these phases have narrow streets and roads, the electrical wires are not underground, and these blocks do not have separate mosques. In stark contrast, the roads in DHA Phases 5 to 7 are approximately 60-feet wide, have underground electrical wiring, and dedicated mosques are built in each block. DHA Phase 6 and Phase 7, as mentioned above, are in the development phase. Hence there are several plots for sale available at reasonable rates. According to real estate experts, as soon as the construction work in these phases is complete and people start moving in, the prices are expected to rise.
Importance of DHA, Lahore from major locations nearby
- Cavalry Ground, Lahore is approximately 4 km away from Phase 1
- Nishtar Town is 3 minutes’ drive away from Phase 3, DHA, Lahore
- Bedian Road and Barki Road are easily accessible from Phase 6
- Lahore Ring Road is near DHA Phase 5, Lahore
- Cantt View Housing Scheme is around 1.6 km away from Phase 2, Defence Lahore
- Sui Northern Officer's Co-operative Housing Society (SNOCHS) Phase 1 neighbours Phase 5
- Allama Iqbal International Airport takes about 14 minutes’ drive to reach from Phase 6, DHA Office