A Child Registration Certificate (CRC), which is commonly known as B-form, is one of the most important documents issued by NADRA. It is used for the registration of young children and teenagers under the age of 18, who are not eligible to apply for a CNIC/Smart Card in Pakistan.
So, if you are also looking to apply for a B-form as a parent or guardian of a child, but don’t know how to go about the process, then you have made it to the right post. In this blog, we are going to give you step-by-step instructions on the application process for a Child Registration Certificate for its issuance from the National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA).
Now, first of all, let’s get to know why it is important for parents/guardians to apply for a CRC.
Why Is It Important to Apply for a Child Registration Certificate (CRC)?
Children under the age of 18 may need B-form to appear in Matric/Inter Board examinations, apply for a passport, and get done with many other legal processes. This is why it is mandatory for the parents/guardians to have their CRCs with them.
NADRA has a very simple application process for B-forms with an affordable fee. So, let’s get started with our step-by-step guide in this regard!
How to Apply for a B-form from NADRA
Like other documents, NADRA has not introduced an online portal for the application process of a CRC, which means you have to apply for it by visiting your nearest NADRA office. The process has been detailed as follow:
- Upon visiting the NADRA office, you will be issued with a token.
- Your photograph and fingerprints will be taken for the process. It is mandatory for one of the parents to be present at the time of the application process. In case, you are a guardian of an applicant, you need to have an authorization letter signed and attested by a gazetted government officer as well as a guardianship certificate.
- All the required data will be fetched from your child’s birth certificate issued by the Union Council (UC). Make sure that it does not contain any spelling errors. If so, you need to get it corrected first from the concerned Union Council (UC).
- Once the data entry is completed, a form will be printed out so that you can review that every piece of information on it is correct.
- Now, hand over the form to the reception desk, where you will be informed about the estimated delivery time of the B-form, which usually takes a couple of days. However, NADRA’s official website mentions five working days.
- It is also worth noting that unlike a birth certificate, a B-form issued by NADRA also contains a national identity number for individuals under the age of 18, which is then used as the CNIC number upon its issuance.
Here are a couple of blogs that have the complete information and addresses of NADRA offices in Karachi and Lahore. So, go through them if you live in any of these two cities to locate your nearest NADRA office or executive centre. Or you can find your nearest NADRA facility by using the search tool available on their official website.
Timings of NADRA offices have been recently revised, they are now open from 8.30 am till 6 pm without any break. However, this rule does not apply to NADRA Mega Centres, which remain open 24/7.
NADRA B-form Fee Details
If you apply for B-form from a normal NADRA office, it will cost you PKR 50 and may take longer to process. On the other hand, if you visit the NADRA executive centre, the application fee for a CRC will be PKR 500 and the process may only take a couple of days. The latter option is more convenient and hassle-free but it may cost you more. For more information on fee structure, you can also contact the official NADRA helpline by dialing 051-111-786-100.
Frequently Asked Questions About CRC Application Process
How can I register my newborn baby in Pakistan?
To register your newborn baby, you’ll first have to apply for the birth certificate from the concerned Union Council (UC). You can then register your child with NADRA by applying for the Child Registration Certificate (CRC).
What is the difference between a birth certificate and B-form?
As discussed, a birth certificate is issued by the local Union Council (UC), whereas B-form is issued by NADRA. It also contains the national identity number of kids under the age of 18, who are not eligible to apply for a CNIC.
How can I change my date of birth in my birth certificate in Pakistan?
For any change in information mentioned in the birth certificate, you have to consult your local Union Council (UC). Also, make sure there are no other errors in the data before applying for the CRC.
How can I get my birth certificate online in Pakistan?
You cannot apply for a birth certificate online in Pakistan. You have to visit your nearest UC office for the application process. Even NADRA has not introduced an online system for the CRC application process yet. You have to visit your nearest NADRA facility to apply for a B-form.
Can I Apply for B-form for my newborn without a birth certificate?
Yes, parents/guardians can now apply for a B-form with or without having a birth certificate issued by their local Union Council (UC). It is no longer a mandatory requirement. Now all you have to do is to visit the nearest NADRA office or executive centre along with your child and original CNIC and provide your thumb impression to obtain a B-form.
This was the complete process to apply for a Child Registration Certificate (CRC) from NADRA. We hope this piece has provided you with all the useful information in this regard. If you still have any questions about the aforementioned process, please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be more than happy to help you.
On a side note, if you want to learn more about the digitization of NADRA, here’s a detailed piece on it. The newly-introduced digital system now allows you to easily track and verify your CNIC record online. We have also covered detailed guides on the application processes of many other important documents, so don’t forget to check them out too. Here are few links for your reference:
- What is Pakistan Origin Card and How to Apply for It?
- Application Process for Family Registration Certificate (FRC)
- When Do You Need a National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)
- How to Apply for a Passport in Pakistan
If you want to stay informed about the latest national initiatives and noteworthy property developments taking place across the country, keep following Zameen Blog, your source for the best lifestyle and real estate blogs in Pakistan. Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates about our blog posts on a regular basis.
*Cover Credits: NADRA’s Official Website