In today’s world, the availability of advanced technologies like high-speed internet, smartphones and other tech-driven solutions have made our life easier than ever. To stay in the game of the on-going digital revolution, the authorities in Pakistan are now undertaking serious efforts to promote the concept of e-governance in the country. To do so, they have been making the best use of the available digital resources to launch new electronic portals and mobile applications for the sake of facilitating people. One of the key developments in this regard is the recent digitisation of the urban land record system in Punjab and Sindh. This newly introduced digital system allows you to check property ownership online in Pakistan. In this blog, we’ll learn more about this e-portal and give you a step-by-step guide to using it.
So, let’s get started!
More About Digitisation of Urban Land Records in Sindh and Punjab
The Land Record Management Information System (LRIMS) in Punjab and the Land Administration and Record Management Information System (LARIMS) in Sindh are electronic portals managed by the Revenue Authorities of both of these provinces. These online platforms have been launched to tackle the land administration challenges faced by property owners in the country. Having a digitally maintained extensive database for tracking land ownership will revolutionise the field of property and play a key role in the eradication of unlawful activities pertaining to the land mafia in the country.
So, if you also want to check the ownership status of the land you possess but don’t know how to go about this newly introduced online system, continue reading this blog as we’re just about to give you step-by-step instructions in this regard.
How to Check Property Ownership Online in Pakistan
Don’t know how to check property ownership online in Pakistan? Let’s take you through this newly introduced digital process in detail.
- Depending on your region, you first have to visit the website of either Sindh Zameen or Punjab Zameen Land Record.
- Once you land on the homepage of the website, you’ll need to make multiple selections and fill in different fields to look up for your desired land record.
- The very first thing you’ll be selecting is the respective district of your property from a drop-down menu.
- Now select your respective Tehsil/Taluka from another drop-down menu right next to the first one.
- Afterward, select the area of your property from the menu.
- Now you define the criterion of your search, by default, you will have three options to choose from, which means you can either search a property by CNIC, Name or Khewat number (Property number).
- Once you have selected and filled in all necessary options and fields, you just have to click on the search button to get your desired results.
*Note: The above-given screenshot has been taken from the Punjab Zameen website. However, the user interface of the Sindh Zameen website is also similar.
Benefits of Digitisation of Urban Land Records In Pakistan
Now, let’s get to know about some key benefits of the digitisation of urban land records in Pakistan
- Conventionally, it may take you several days to fetch the ownership record of a particular property but by accessing the newly introduced digital land record system, it may only take you a few minutes to check and verify property ownership.
- Unlike conventional practices, land records available online can be accessed and checked for free.
- Quick verification of property ownership means less time will be required for the completion of the mutation (the process of property transfer). Meanwhile, you can also check our blog if you want to learn more about the property transfer process in Pakistan.
- One of the biggest pros of using the Land Record Management Information System (LRIMS) in Punjab and the Land Administration and Record Management Information System (LARIMS) in Sindh is that you can instantly check whether the land record you are looking for has been verified by the National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA) or not.
Property Investment in Pakistan
As stated earlier, the digitisation of the urban land record system is also expected to put a positive impact on the local property industry, encouraging more property investments in Pakistan. On a side note, if you want to invest in the real estate market but don’t know where to get started with your property hunt, then Zameen’s area guide section can be of great help to you. You can start by taking a look at the most popular localities in Pakistan’s three major cities: Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad.
Now that we have mentioned all the important steps to check property ownership online in Pakistan, it’s time for us to wrap up this blog. If you have any questions or feedback related to the above-given process, feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re here, if you want to learn how to apply for a succession certificate through NADRA, we’ve got you covered. Our blog will take you through the entire application submission process for the succession certification, which is also known as the letter of administration.
Head over to Zameen Blog to read more of our informative pieces covering different aspects of property and lifestyle-related matters. Don’t forget to subscribe to our e-newsletter to receive the latest updates from our blog section on a daily basis. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.