A good night’s sleep is essential to keep you functioning at your optimum potential every day. This is why you need to invest in a perfect pillow since a routine of uncomfortable sleeping can lead to body pains, posture issues, uneven sleep, and a lot more. However, choosing the best pillow requires several considerations. Let’s discuss these in detail below.
How to Choose the Right Pillow?
The criteria for choosing the best pillow include:
- Sleeping Style
Let’s cover each of the elements below to determine how to pick the best pillow for your bed.
Pillows in Pakistan are usually filled with synthetic polyester, original cotton, or memory foam. Here’s an overview of each variety, but keep in mind that ultimately, you need to choose the pillow filling based on the weight of the pillow, its price range, and your allergies (if any):
- Polyester pillows are the ones that are used in most homes and generally have moderate softness. Polyester is also lightweight and cheap. You can go for a traditional synthetic polyester filling or ball fibre, in which polyester is processed into small balls before filling the pillow. Ball fibre requires less frequent replacement and maintains its shape better than regular polyester.
- Nothing beats pure cotton filling, though, which can be a little hard but is hypoallergenic, making it perfect for people suffering from allergies. Cotton pillows are heavier in weight though and lie somewhere in the middle range in terms of pricing.
- In contrast to both of these, we have memory foam, which is a fairly new addition to the market. The distinguishing characteristic of memory foam pillows is that they will retain the shape and contours of your head while you lie on it, giving it a unique and individual shape that is ideal for your body and peaceful sleep. This kind of pillow is best for people who are unable to find a pillow with the ideal amount of neck support, and while it is quite light, it is often an expensive option. Memory foam pillows are, however, considered one of the best pillows for neck pain.
Pillows come in a standard size and are generally appropriate for all individuals. However, you can buy throw pillows or even get smaller sizes custom-made if you want to decorate your bed with smaller pillows. However, make sure to not go overboard. Generally, look at the size of your bed and then decide on the number of pillows and pillow sizes.
While twin single beds can work well with just a pillow each, a queen-sized bed might need four pillows. In contrast, a king-sized bed might look amazingly cosy with six pillows in three varying sizes. The decision to add more than one pillow to a bed is entirely aesthetic unless you have two extremely thin pillows that you stack on top of each other daily to create a height that supports your neck at the right level.
It may come as a surprise to many, but the way you sleep also impacts your pillow selection process. Although there are no set rules for choosing the best pillow based on your sleeping style because most of us tend to switch sleeping positions all night, here are some basic considerations to choose the right pillow:
- Side sleepers should generally buy a pillow that is firm and thick so that it fits snugly into the gap between your ear and your shoulder as you lie down.
- Stomach sleepers often prefer sleeping without a pillow, but if you want to buy the perfect bed pillow, go for a soft one that isn’t too hard on your face when you sleep facedown.
- Back sleepers need a flat pillow, in comparison to the other types of sleepers, so that the head and neck are in perfect alignment as they sleep. A soft but supportive pillow is good for these people, including the option of memory foam.
Most of us purchase our pillows and mattresses just once and forget about them. Ideally, you should replace your pillows every 1.5 years. It is also important to keep all of the above considerations in mind while selecting the right pillow that offers a comfortable night’s rest.
Consider redecorating your bedroom after you pick the perfect pillow with these cosy bedroom décor ideas. Stay tuned to Zameen Blog for more home décor and lifestyle posts. Send us your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.