Taking the concept of free online education in Pakistan to a whole new level, the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication, in collaboration with Virtual University and Ignite – National Technology Fund, launched Digiskills back in 2018. It is a national training programme that offers online classes for different types of IT courses in Pakistan for free. It is counted among the most appreciable moves taken by the government of Pakistan to expand the scope of the IT industry in the country and bring the youth to the forefront of digital transformation. So, if you also want to take free IT courses in Pakistan from DigiSkills but don’t know how to go about the process, we’re here to help. In this blog, we’ll guide you on how to sign up for DigiSkills and discuss some key highlights of the online courses this website offers.
How to Take Free IT Courses In Pakistan from DigiSkills – FAQs
To learn about the free online courses in Pakistan that DigiSkills offer, we need to take a look at things step-by-step. Here are some important FAQs about DigiSkills.
How to Sign Up for DigiSkills?
You need to go through a few basic steps to sign up for the DigiSkills training programmes.
- First of all to log on to DigiSkills website and navigate to their ‘Sign Up’ page
- You’ll be redirected to a page with a form having empty fields.
- You need to fill up those empty fields with the required information as shown in the screenshot above.
- Once you fill and submit the form, you’ll receive a confirmation email, which will have a link in it. After clicking on that link your account will get confirmed and you’ll land on a dashboard like page where you’ll be asked for more of your personal and professional information, which is mandatory to fill to avail online courses from DigiSkills.
- Once you complete your profile, you have to select the courses you want to take.
- A maximum of two courses can be availed at a time. The duration of each course is of 3 months (12 weeks). In the first month, you have the option to change your course, which may not be available in the later phase.
What If You Have Enrolled Late In a Course Offered By DigiSkills?
Even if you have enrolled late and missed out on a few lectures of your selected course, you may always find them on the website on your dashboard, which can be listened to at any time. The dashboard of your DigiSkills account is based on an online learning management system (LMS) that has all your course material.
What a Student Gets Upon Course Completion from DigiSkills?
One of the biggest pros of DigiSkills is that it offers free online education in Pakistan to individuals who upon completion of their courses get a certificate from the Virtual University of Pakistan.
Which courses are being offered in the DigiSkills national training programme?
As of now, the DigiSkills national training program is offering 10 IT courses in Pakistan, the names of these courses have been listed as under:
- E-Commerce Management
- Creative Writing
- Graphics Design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Literacy
What is the required educational qualification to enroll in DigiSkills?
Well, there is no minimum educational requirement to enroll in DigiSkills. The candidate only needs to be capable enough to read, write and understand English to take the online courses.
What are the technical requirements to take free online courses in Pakistan from DigiSkills?
The two very basic technical requirements to take free IT courses in Pakistan from DigiSkills include high-speed internet that can let you take online classes and access the portal of the DigiSkills online learning management system (LMS) without any interruptions and a personal computer (PC) that supports the latest versions of browser and software recommended by your course.
Note: You can also take a look at our blogs in which we have given you some useful tips to take online classes and listed down the best WiFi devices available in Pakistan, which may let you experience high-speed internet connectivity on the go.
Benefits of Taking Online Courses from DigiSkills
One of the key benefits of taking online courses from DigiSkills is that you will get trained by highly qualified faculty members, who have done specialisations in their respective fields.
After completing the below-mentioned courses, trainees will become qualified enough to pursue their career goals. Here are some key skills that they will learn during their respective training programmes.
According to the website, upon completing the Freelancing course from DigiSkills, a candidate will be able to:
- Sign up as a freelancer at different platforms and work with international clients.
- Work on different types of freelance marketplaces
- Know the pros and cons of freelancing in Pakistan
- Create a striking profile on as a freelancer
- Utilise their strengths/skills to earn in the freelance market.
- Land on the right project by writing a winning proposal
- Learn about the importance of communication skills in freelancing
- Know to smartly manage a project while working on it
- Identify how important a feedback for a freelancer’s profile and how to retain an existing client
- Know that it takes patience and determination to grow as a freelancer
Quick Fact: It is because of the availability of these types of courses and free online resources that freelancing in Pakistan is now more successful than ever.
According to the website, upon completing the E-Commerce Management course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Plan, arrange and maintain E-business
- Market products with the help of various digital marketing tools
- Identify the available opportunities in the Global E-Commerce ecosystem
- Configure and run different online stores
- Understand different payment gateways and manage online payments in Pakistan
- Evaluate and work on driving solutions of management issues related to the emergence of the E-Commerce ecosystem
- Develop product management strategy for E-business
Creative Writing Course
According to the website, upon completing the Creative Writing course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Write social media copies, websites, blogs, presentations, advertisements, copywriting, editing as well as ghost and business writing.
- Bid and apply for different projects available in the freelance marketplace with the help of their writing skills.
Upon completing the Graphic Designing course from DigiSkills, according to the website, the candidate will be able to:
- Present ideas/illustrations using the basic concepts of Design
- Understand the basic concepts of Graphic Designing in the professional world
- Use the latest graphics software and tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Identify the important roles of Graphic Designer in commercial fields
- Perform different types of graphic designing jobs including designing logos, posters, billboards, calendars, web pages, and infographics, etc
- Earn through performing different tasks in the online market
- Fulfill the requirements of the online market in reference to freelancing as a Graphic Designer
The website states upon completing the QuickBooks course from DigiSkills a candidate will be able to:
- Customise and set up QuickBooks application
- Create and arrange a backup for a company’s QuickBooks file
- Add all the relevant information and historical data to the records in QuickBooks file
- Setup, arrange and use different modules available in the application
- Handle vendors, customers, assets and inventory as well as to be capable to fully benefit from different features of the system
- Explore the day-to-day operations that keeps a particular business running
- Use available reports and create Management Information Systems (MISs) on the basis of them
- Work as a freelancer or full-time candidate in the available QuickBooks online jobs
According to the website, upon completing the WordPress course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Set-up an account on WordPress Platform
- Change the appearance of your WordPress site
- Effectively use the posts and pagesInstall and use different WordPress plugins
- Add and delete multimedia items using the WordPress platform
- Reply and handle different types of comments
- Use different types of widgets
- Use menus to edit the navigation bar
- Manage different user profiles on WordPress
- Make money with WordPress and with different tools and functionalities it offers
- Install Google Analytics on your website for tracking
- Setup an E-commerce site using WooCommerce tools
According to the website, upon completing the AutoCAD course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Prepare drawings with technical AutoCAD tools, utilizing their Draw, Modify, and Dimension toolbars
- Use tools to Create and draw basic 2D drawing in AutoCAD and its usage in the planning and designing of housing schemes
- Use the basic functions and features of CAD 3D design and 3D Max.Design using AutoCAD commands with the help of shortcut keyboard keys
- Convert any PDF version of drawings to AutoCAD file
- Export and present AutoCAD data converted into formats like (PDF, JPEG etc.)
- Design the layout and outline of drawing and understand its printing and plotting features
According to the website, upon completing the Digital Literacy course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Identify the basics of hardware, software and storage devices
- Install, configure and use the printer
- Learn to work with different tools of MS office
- Use of graphics, charts, and formatting options for creating documents
- Work with files, layouts, tables and proofreading tools in MS word
- Use new features in excel
- Create, save, update and format documents and worksheets
- Use of formulas, filters, sorting tools in MS Excel
- Work with new design feature in MS PowerPoint
- Create, update, animate and run a slide show
- Use, search and browse the internet
- Read, compose, reply and forward emails
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Once you’ve completed the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) course from DigiSkills, you will be able to:
- Make the effective use of Google Search engine
- Plan and organise SEO activities based on how search engines rank websites
- Change the existing structure of a website to rank it higher in the search results
- Create a better marketing strategy for any product or service keeping in mind the importance of SEO
- Perform On-page Optimisation to rank the website higher in Google search results
- Perform Off-page Optimisation, also called Link Building
- Perform SEO on different online resources according to the latest trends and techniques.
- Apply advanced techniques that will make the websites rank better than competitors
- Use some of the most important tools for SEO
- Manage a complete SEO project.
- Acquire online SEO related projects on different freelancing platforms
According to the website, upon completing the Digital Marketing course from DigiSkills, the candidate will be able to:
- Develop understandings about the dynamics of freelancing in Digital Marketing
- Learn the basics of Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Understand the evolution of market paradigm from the traditional to the digital medium, and its importance in the current age
- Develop an effective and contemporary Digital Marketing Strategy
- Understand the process of Digital Marketing through the use of various tools and its implementation
- Engage and attract traffic to Digital Assets through the use of tools and techniques
- Monitor, optimize and evaluate the Digital Marketing strategy through the use of Data Analytics
- Learn how to be an effective Digital Marketing Freelancer
More About Ignite – National Technology Fund
Ignite National Technology Fund is a non-profit organisation, which is owned and run by the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication in Pakistan. The purpose of this organisation is to provide different types of financial facilitations to startups and other technology firms operating in the country. It has also been supporting digital skills training programmes like DigiSkills. Ignite was founded in 2007 and is also jointly funded by different telecommunication providers, internet service providers (ISPs) in Pakistan after being permitted by the Government of Pakistan.
Now that we have given you a complete guide on how to take free IT courses in Pakistan from DigiSkills, it’s time for us to wrap up this piece. If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to hear from you.
Meanwhile, you may also be interested in reading our blogs on the best internet service providers in Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad. You may also want to learn about the best streaming services in Pakistan that can provide you complete home entertainment while you are staying indoors.
For more informative pieces on matters related to lifestyle, travel and real estate in Pakistan, keep reading Zameen Blogs. Also, don’t miss out on subscribing to our newsletter by filling in the subscription box in the top-right corner.
*Cover Credits: DigiSkills Website