Maintaining the hygiene of the kitchen is one of the most important things for homeowners. There are a number of kitchen cleaning tips and organisation hacks they can use to keep their kitchen in good shape. Well, it is better to use natural cleaners instead of chemical-based cleaning agents for kitchen cleaning. Artificial cleaners are usually made of chemicals, which can be harmful in many ways. So, if you’re also looking for some easy recipes for DIY kitchen cleaners, then you have come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll list down and discuss some simple homemade kitchen cleaners and disinfectants.
Important Ingredients for Homemade Kitchen Cleaners
Before we learn about some easy recipes for DIY kitchen cleaners, let’s list down some important ingredients for homemade kitchen cleaners.
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oils (Lemon Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil)
- Scrap Fabrics (Pieces of Clothes, Towels, and Rags)
Quick Fact: Vinegar is one of the most useful cleaning agents and may have a number of applications in your home. Here are some amazing uses of white vinegar in the house.
Homemade Kitchen Cleaners and Disinfectants
If you’re wondering how to make kitchen cleaners on your own, then here are some natural kitchen cleaners with simple ingredients you should know about.
- Homemade All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner
- Homemade Disinfectant Wipes
- Homemade Soft-Scrub Cleaner
- Homemade Oven Cleaner
- Homemade Dishwashing Liquid and Detergent
- Homemade Drain Cleaner
Homemade All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner
A homemade all-purpose cleaner is safe to use on different types of surfaces. It keeps your kitchen space free from all types of germs and bacteria. Here’s how to make it
Recipe for Kitchen Cleaner
- Begin with pouring a half a cup of white vinegar into a large-sized spray bottle.
- Now add 2 tablespoons baking soda. Fill the bottle, put the lid on, and shake well.
- If you are not a big fan of the vinegar scent, you can add a few drops of essential oil to the mixture like tea tree oil, citrus oil, or even eucalyptus.
- Your all-purpose cleaner is ready to use.
Homemade Disinfectant Wipes
Homemade disinfectant wipes are considered to make use of natural cleaning agents to wipe clean viruses, bacteria, dirt, and grime from kitchen surfaces. Let’s learn how you can make them on your own. It is among some easy recipes for DIY kitchen cleaners.
Recipe for Disinfectant Wipes
- First of all, take a jar or an empty wipe container like the ones used for baby wipes.
- Now take a few scrap fabric materials like old t-shirts, handkerchiefs, or torn cloth bags. You can also use old dish-towels.
- The next step is about making a cleaning solution. Take one cup of water one-fourth cup of white vinegar, 8 drops each of tea tree oil, lemon essential oil, and eucalyptus essential oil. Mix them really well in a bowl.
- Now you’re ready to add your cleaning solution to your cloth scraps. Soak them for at least a few minutes.
- Your homemade disinfectant wipes are ready. Pull them out and use them whenever you want.
Note: Read this blog to learn more about making your own disinfectant wipes at home.
Homemade Soft-Scrub Cleaner
A homemade soft-scrub cleaner is one of the most useful natural kitchen cleaners with simple ingredients. It uses the amazing power of baking soda, a useful natural cleaning agent. Soft-scrub cleaner can be used to clean fragile surfaces in your kitchen so that they won’t get scratched or something. Here’s how to make kitchen cleaners on your own like soft-scrub cleaner in a few simple steps
Recipe for Soft-Scrub Cleaner
- Take one and a half cup of baking soda and pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Add a half a cup liquid laundry soap, and stir the mixture vigorously to turn it into a paste-like form.
- As in the case of all-purpose cleaners, you can add several drops of essential oil, such as tea tree, rosemary, or lavender. This will help you make your mixture fragrant.
- Store your soft-scrub paste in a tightly closed food container.
- If you feel that the mixture has begun to dry out, you can add a small amount of water to keep it moist.
Homemade Oven Cleaner
A homemade oven cleaner is among some easy recipes for DIY kitchen cleaners. They may be very important for your kitchen and help you keep your oven and stove tops sparkling clean. Here’s how you can make your own oven cleaner.
Recipe for Oven Cleaner
- Take half a cup of baking soda and stir and at least 2-3 tablespoons of water,
- Make a spreadable paste and Spread it all over the walls of your ovens,
- Rub the mixture in for a scrubbing effect.
- Apply the mixture and let it rest overnight.
- Put some white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it everywhere you can spot baking soda.
- It will result in a foaming reaction. Use a damp cloth to wipe clean and rinse until clean.
Homemade Dishwashing Liquid and Detergent
When listing down homemade kitchen cleaners and disinfectants, we can never miss out on mentioning DIY dishwashing liquids and detergents. Using natural kitchen cleaners for dishwashing may not be as harmful as using chemical-based liquid soaps. Here’s how you can make your own dishwashing liquid and detergent.
Recipe for Dishwashing Liquid and Detergent
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl, add half a cup of lukewarm water, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Stir the mixture until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Take a separate bowl, mix half a cup white vinegar, half a cup homemade all-purpose cleaner, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Now add this mixture into the saltwater mixture, and stir it until it is thickened.
- To make your mixture fragrant, you can add around 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- You can pour this mixture into a recycled dish soap container for storage.
- For DIY dishwashing detergent, mix together one cup salt, two cups Borax, two cups baking soda, and one cup of citric-oil.
- Put in an air-tight storage container as it can last a long time.
- Homemade Liquid Handsoap
- You may require to wash your hands again and again when working in the kitchen. This is why we have added a homemade liquid hand soap in our list of natural kitchen cleaners with simple ingredients.
- Take an empty foaming soap dispenser and fill one-third of it with water.
- Add at least two tablespoons liquid castile soap, which is organic, biodegradable soap.
- Add half a teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of essential oil for scent.
- Close the bottle tightly and shake gently to mix.
Homemade Drain Cleaner
Kitchen drains may usually get clogged because of the oils and fatty contents that run through their pipes when you wash the dirty dishes. To keep your kitchen in a functional state, you should keep your drain from clogging. This is why we have listed the kitchen drain cleaner among some useful natural kitchen cleaners with simple ingredients. Now, let’s take a look at its recipe.
Recipe of Drain Cleaner
- If you’re facing the problem of a smelly or slow-draining sink, pour a heaping one-fourth cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Now, pour one-fourth cup of white vinegar down the drain.
- You’ll see the mixture starts bubbling. Let it sit for an hour or so, then pour down the drain boiling hot water down to rinse it.
- The number of times you may need to repeat the process depends on how clogged or smelly your kitchen drain is.
Note: Learn more about DIY hacks to unclog your kitchen drain here.
This was our pick of some easy recipes for natural kitchen cleaners. If you know of some other homemade kitchen cleaners and disinfectants that we may have missed out mentioning, let us know about them by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is always welcome as it helps us improve and come up with even more informative pieces.
Explore more of our informative pieces on home decor and DIY lifestyle tips, keep reading Zameen Blogs. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter to get all the latest updates from our blog section.