The recent launch of the “Ehsaas Amdan Programme” by Prime Minister Imran Khan is the continuation of the series of efforts undertaken by the government for the welfare of society. All of such human welfare programmes have been carried out under the umbrella of the Ehsaas initiative, which was launched by the government of Pakistan back in March 2019. So, what are the goals of this multi-billion rupees initiative? Who will benefit from it? We’ll attempt to answer all of your questions pertaining to Ehsaas Amdan Programme in this blog. But before that, you should know about the government’s Poverty Alleviation and Society Safety Division.
Poverty Alleviation and Society Safety Division
One of the key things that make the division of Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety (PASS) unique is that it is a purpose-established authority to manage the government’s recently launched social welfare initiatives and programmes. The authority is making the best use of the 21st-century technology and tools to come up with data-driven solutions to help fight poverty in the society and to empower the underprivileged section of the country. Some of the key welfare programmes that are proposed and launched by the government under the umbrella of Ehsaas initiative include Ehsaas Kifalat Programme, Ehsaas Scholarship Programmes, Ehsaas Langers (charity meals), and Ehsaas Amdan Programme.
More About Ehsaas Amdan Programme
Prime Minister Imran Khan inaugurated the Ehsaas Amdan Programme on February 21, 2020. The total budget of this government-run welfare scheme has been kept around PKR 15 billion. Some of the important highlights of the programme have been listed as under:
- The scheme will create new job opportunities for young individuals
- Small enterprises and organisations will also be benefited by the scheme
- An amount of PKR 2000 will be given to the women belonging to the underprivileged section of society. Moreover, they will also be provided with livestock.
- Under the Ehsaas Amdan Programme, around 80,000 people will be provided with interest-free loans (IFLs) as well as scholarships to over 50,000 deserving students on merit basis.
- The distribution of interest-free loan will be looked after by Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) under the National Poverty Graduation Initiative (NPGI)
- Overall around 1.4 million people will benefit from this social welfare programme.
- Out of the total number of beneficiaries, a quota of 60% has been kept for the women while the rest of the assets have been reserved for the youth.
- Moreover, the programme targets to facilitate around 110,726 households
- The programme has been purposefully designed to eliminate the social ills of poverty from the society.
- The data from the individuals and households facilitated by the welfare scheme will be maintained and regularly tracked by PPAF. The applicants of the scheme will also be able to avail additional financing for the enhancement of their entrepreneurial venture and the sustenance of their revenue-generating sources if it is that necessary.
Beneficiaries of Ehsaas Amdan Programme
The eligibility of the individuals and households applying for the Ehsaas Amdan Programmes depends on certain criteria set by the government, which the applicants need to fulfill. The screening process for eligibility will include the identification of current sources of income of the applicants as well as the quantification of the resources required to enhance their revenue-generating capacities, which may also include the provision of an interest-free loan to entrepreneurs and scholarship packages to students belonging to the downtrodden section of society.
Targeted Areas of Ehsaas Amdan Programme
The launch of the scheme, which was held in Layyah, Punjab, is a strong indicator of the fact that this welfare scheme has been focused more on the people living in rural areas of the city then in urban centres. As per the official website of the division of Poverty Alleviation and Society Safety, the Ehsaas Amdan Programme will cover 375 union councils in the rural regions and peripheries of the main cities in all of the four provinces in Pakistan.
So, this was our complete overview of the government’s newly launched Ehsaas Amdan Programme. Reach out to us with your queries and feedback by emailing us at email@example.com.
Meanwhile, you can also read our blog on the Kamyab Jawan Programme, which is another very important initiative undertaken by the government of Pakistan to empower youth. This programme provides financial resources to the deserving candidates to get started with their entrepreneurial ventures.
For more updates regarding the government’s latest initiatives, keep reading Zameen News. And for more in-depth pieces on real estate, home decor and tourism, head over to Zameen Blog, Pakistan’s No.1 lifestyle blog. You can also subscribe to our email newsletters to receive daily alerts.