In This Post:
How Does Health Insurance Work
Types of Health Insurance in Pakistan
How to Pick Right Health Insurance
How to Apply for Health Insurance
Health Insurance Cost in Pakistan
How to File a Medical Insurance Claim
Medical insurance, also known as health insurance in Pakistan, is a type of insurance policy that provides financial coverage for your hospitalisation and medical expenses. There are many types of medical insurance plans offered these days that come with different features, benefits, and application criteria. These are all the major factors that you should consider before applying for medical insurance in Pakistan.
To guide you further in this regard, we have come up with this post. In this blog, we are going to give you a complete guide on how to apply for health insurance in Pakistan, discussing the most popular types of medical coverage plans and their benefits. Here we’ll also detail the process of how to file a health insurance claim in Pakistan.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
How Does Health Insurance Work?
A health insurance plan in Pakistan can protect you from paying hefty healthcare bills. To explain it further, it can financially assist you to pay for different types of medical care services including doctor visits, hospital stays, medicinal drugs, medical tests, and many other healthcare facilities.
As discussed, medical insurance protects you from paying the full amount of medical bills when you’re ill or injured. This means you may only have to pay a certain percentage of the total cost for the medical services you’re availing. Putting it in numbers, out of 100 percent of your doctor’s fee, you may only be paying 20 percent of it, the rest 80 percent will be covered by your medical insurance policy in Pakistan.
However, the share of financial coverage you may receive depends on the type of health insurance policy you have chosen. Many insurance companies in Pakistan offer affordable and competitive health plans these days. So, we’ll now learn more about different types of medical insurance plans in Pakistan and their benefits.
Types of Health Insurance Plans in Pakistan
Based on various healthcare factors and other criteria, the popular types of health plans in Pakistan offered by some country’s very famous insurance companies have been listed as under:
- Individual Health Insurance
- Family Health Insurance
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Accidental Insurance
Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insurance for a type of a health insurance policy in Pakistan that you buy on your own. As the name suggests, this plan provides medical coverage for only one person. It is one of those types of health insurance policies in Pakistan that work best for you if you don’t want to go for a group insurance coverage plan usually provided by individual employers and large-scale organisations.
Family Health Insurance in Pakistan
You can apply for family health insurance in Pakistan if you also want medical coverage for your immediate family like your spouse and children. The amount you pay as a monthly premium usually depends on the size of your family and the policy’s term and condition. Keep all these factors in mind to pick the right option among the available health insurance policies in Pakistan.
Corporate Health Insurance
Corporate health insurance is also known as employee health insurance. As discussed, it is a type of group insurance coverage in Pakistan offered by individual employers or organisations to their company staff members. It is usually outsourced to different famous insurance companies in Pakistan. The monthly, b-annual or annual premiums for these health plans are usually deducted from salaries of employees. Most of the types of employee health insurance in Pakistan only cover medical emergencies and minor hospital checkups.
Accidental Health Insurance
Accidental health insurance is also one of the most popular types of medical insurance plans in Pakistan. Like medical insurance, it also helps you pay for your hospitalisation and other healthcare expenses but only in the case of an accidental injury. However, this medical insurance plan may not cover for self-imposed injuries and suicidal acts.
How to Choose the Right Medical Insurance Plan in Pakistan
One of the most important tips on how to choose the right medical insurance plan in Pakistan is to research thoroughly. Prepare a list of health insurance companies in Pakistan that you think are the best. Compare their plans, cost, and the benefits they offer. Find out which of the aforementioned types of medical insurance policies in Pakistan. Also, check for the available options for islamic health insurance in Pakistan as per your religious beliefs.
You can conveniently do complete research on buying health insurance in Pakistan online, thanks in part, to the availability of the latest technologies these days. Take your time and don’t rush your decision. If you are unable to figure out things, get in touch with a professional advisor in this regard. You can also take help from any of your acquaintances who have already purchased a health plan in Pakistan.
How to Apply for Health Insurance in Pakistan
Here’s how to apply for medical insurance in Pakistan.
- After completing your research, start by picking either an individual or a family medical insurance plan, depending on your marital status.
- Provide all the required personal details on physical or online application form. Also, the documents that prove yours and your family members’ identities.
- Submit all the required medical documents. It will help the insurance company to track your medical history.
- All these are mandatory requirements and an important part of the process to apply for health insurance in Pakistan.
- Select the mode of payment. You can pay your health insurance premium in Pakistan through cash payments, cross cheques and online transfers. Usually, cash payments are usually not recommended by insurance companies in Pakistan due to safety concerns.
- Review all your provided information and pick a health coverage package as per your needs.
- This is how to apply for medical insurance in Pakistan.
Health Insurance Cost in Pakistan
The cost of health insurance in Pakistan usually starts from around PKR 2,500 per year. The hospitalisation cover you may get in some of the very basic health plans in Pakistan is around PKR 60,000 per person.
Note: The cost of health insurance in Pakistan varies from package to package and company to company. The rates of medical insurance packages will also help you to identify the top health insurance companies in Pakistan.
How to File a Health Insurance Claim in Pakistan
Here’s a step-by-step process on how to file a medical insurance claim in Pakistan.
- The very first thing you need to do is to lodge your health insurance in the form of written intimation.
- While writing, mention everything about the incident and reasons that caused it when filing your health insurance claim in Pakistan.
- Attach all the necessary documents and evidence required to complete the health insurance claim filing process. The documents need to be signed and attested by the designated officials as per the law and your insurance company’s requirements.
- The health insurance claim filing process in Pakistan may usually take 30 days to be completed. During this time, the insurance company also verifies the provided document. It also runs a background check before releasing the coverage amount.
- It is better to get in touch with a representative of your desired insurance company. They can properly assist you with the process of filing a medical insurance claim in Pakistan.
Now that we have discussed everything you should know before applying for medical insurance in Pakistan, it’s time for us to wrap up this piece. We hope the information shared in this blog will help you choose the right medical coverage. In case you have any questions or feedback, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be glad to hear from you and try our best to respond to your emails as soon as possible.
Since you’re here reading about insurance policies in Pakistan, here are some other blog posts that may interest you. Have a look:
- Your Guide on Buying Life Insurance in Pakistan
- Here’s How You Can Get Your Car Insured in Pakistan
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Get Your Home Insured
- How to File Car Insurance Claim in Pakistan
For more informative lifestyle guides and property-related pieces, keep reading Zameen Blogs. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated with all our latest blog posts.