We live in an era where technology has overtaken almost every field of life, which is why now video screens with viral content get more attention than informative books. However, despite this fact, there are still many people in today’s world who love to read and treat books as their passion. So, if you are a passionate reader, who wants to create a stylish yet functional reading nook to express your love for reading and unwind at home, then we’re here to help. In this blog, we will list down and discuss some of the most incredible home library design ideas.
Some Inspiring Home Library Design Ideas
Every book in our home is unique, which deserves to be displayed and celebrated. Here is a list of some of the most amazing home library decor ideas to do so.
- Specific Colour Scheme for Walls and Shelving
- Fashionable Library
- Modern and Multipurpose Furnishings
- Go Traditional
- Play With Colour Combination
- Collection Specific Arrangements
- Opt for Wooden Decor
Specific Colour Scheme for Walls and Shelving
One of the best ideas for decorating your home library is to go colour specific when choosing a theme for walls and shelving for your reading nook. Like any other room in your living space, much of the style and feel of your library are highlighted by a proper colour scheme synchorisation of the paint and furniture. You can even decorate your reading area with something simple, for example, a few classic chairs to make your reading area appear more elegant.
Go for a Contemporary Library Decor
You can also make a dramatic statement in your study room by decorating it with contemporary artwork and printed carpets that are in line with your colour scheme. Try adding a fashionable yet not-to-gaudy layer to your reading room while putting in some antique pieces with a backdrop of stylish curtains on windows.
Modern and Multipurpose Furnishings
In today’s world, there is no shortage of choices when it comes to contemporary furnishings. However, one of the best ideas to decorate your home library to give it a modern look while improving its functionality is to incorporate multipurpose furniture. For instance, a new innovation for the book lovers is a convertible chair, which turns into a ladder when needed. Making use of such furnishing items will also help you to free up some space in your reading nook at home.
A meticulously designed traditional setup for a library at home can really transform a boring sequence of shelves into a praiseworthy place to unwind while enjoying reading stories, novels or the subject you like. The traditional arrangement is one of the most effective home library design ideas that will help you come up with a classic arrangement, which calls to all readers and serves as a perfect space to achieve your literary endeavors. You can also convert it into your private book club. Everyone with a passion for reading would feel comfortable in a traditional home library arrangement.
Play with Colour Combination
Having everything of the same colour around you including the walls and bookshelves may make you feel dull. However, using two or more colours can give your reading nook a little extra touch of liveliness. Colour combination is also counted among the top home library decor ideas. Making use of colours like grey, blue and brown as shown in the picture above can also desirably uplift the charm of your reading room. Get the walls painted in blue, install a layer of grey-coloured adornments on them while decorating the room with wooden furniture, to achieve a perfect combination of blue, grey and brown in your home library decor.
Collection Specific Arrangement
Collection specific arrangement is one of the most useful ideas to decorate your home library that’ll help you feel more related to the subject you are reading about. For instance, if you read sci-fi or horror novels a lot than you can opt for dark-themed decor, most probably a contrast of black and darker shades of purple. Similarly, your shelving should also complement the genre-specific collection of your books as well as your selected colour scheme.
One thing that we believe will never go out of style is the use of wood in library decor. Somehow having wooden fixings and furniture around make you feel more connected to books and desirably turns on your reading mode. In most of the cases, you’ll notice reading rooms and libraries at home have wooden decor, which also gives a classy touch to your interior.
Quick Tips for Arranging Your Home Library
Let’s give you some quick tips for arranging your home library, which is mainly about furnishings, collections of books and lighting arrangements.
- No matter you spend your entire life collecting books, but if you haven’t assessed and sorted them out, they might be of no use to you. Take some time out and make a list of all the inventory you have in your library to have an idea of what do you have currently in your collection.
- One of the key tips for arranging your home library is to put your books on a shelve, which is easily accessible for you and where you need them the most.
- You may have books in every room of your home and instead of stacking books at one place in your home, keep them where they are the most useful.
- Cookbooks can be placed in the kitchen area or pantry, you can even have a reading nook in your bedroom where you can place all your favouite novels for bedtime reading.
- Look for a tall bookcase, an ideal height of which is 6ft. It will help you to maximise the storage potential for books in your library. To grab books stored at a certain height, you can always make use of multipurpose furnishings like a chair, which can also take the shape of a ladder when needed.
- If you have kids around, try to create a separate reading corner for them in your library at home. Put all of their favourite books in one place and make sure they are following a reading routine, which is beneficial to enhance their reading and educational skills.
- If you are looking for more tips to arrange the shelving of your reading nook, you can read our blog in which we have talked about some of the best DIY bookshelf ideas.
This was our pick of some of the best home library design ideas and arrangement tips. We hope you have enjoyed reading it. In case, if we have missed out on giving out any vital information regarding reading room decor, let us know at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you since your feedback helps us improve.
Meanwhile, you might also be interested in reading about ideas for setting up a cosy reading corner in your home.
Bookmark Zameen Blog in your browser to read more tips about home decor and lifestyle-related matters. Make sure you are not missing out on any of the updates from our blog section by subscribing to our newsletter.