Jalozai Housing Scheme, which is purportedly the first housing project of Naya Pakistan Housing Programme (NPHP), is set to be launched in April in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
In the first phase of the project, houses will be constructed at Jalozai, a village located in Nowshera District of KP. The provincial government also plans to build houses on 5 marla plots, via home finance, in the areas of Mulazai, Jarma and Dheri Zardad.
In this blog, we will discuss all the latest updates on the first venture of the much-awaited low-cost housing scheme that aims to provide five million affordable houses for Pakistanis in five years.
All There is to Know About the First Housing Project of NPHP
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Housing Dr Amjad Ali announced on Feb 29, 2020, that the Jalozai Scheme allottees would be handed over their possession letters in April. The houses built under this scheme are meant for low-income segments of society and government servants. Prime Minister Imran Khan will reportedly attend the inauguration of the first housing project of NPHP, which is also expected to take place in April.
Jalozai Housing Scheme is spread over 10,000 kanal. The meticulously planned project comprises 5, 7, 10 marla and 1 kanal residential plots, according to its master plan. But what exactly does the NPHS’s first housing project have in store in terms of amenities and facilities?
Let’s find out.
Amenities at KP’s Jalozai Housing Scheme
NPHP’s first housing project offers low-cost houses, but the government has assured it will not compromise on the quality of neighbourhood amenities, which include the following:
- Well-carpeted roads
- Modern sewerage system
- Grid station
- Provision of water
- Family parks
- Commercial markets
- Masjid in every block
In the latest development of the first housing project of NPHP, almost 80% of the work has been completed so far. Roads have been constructed, making the area easily accessible. The main boulevard of Jalozai Housing Scheme would be beautified by the horticultural department.
The Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO) has also started working on building a grid station for the housing scheme. It will be built on the 200 feet wide road of the housing scheme. The site area for the grid station has also been identified and the technical feasibility study would soon be completed.
The minister for housing KP has ensured that no stone will be left unturned in the timely completion of the grid station. The provincial government will make sure there is no shortage of funds in establishing the grid station at the affordable housing scheme in Nowshera.
Around 8,626 plots have been developed in the Jalozai Housing Scheme. Of these, around 3,793 plots were allotted through a draw in 2017. Around 23 percent of these, which amounts to 674 plots, was allotted to government employees, while the remaining 77 percent, or 2,256 plots, was given to the general public. There’s a special section for overseas Pakistanis comprising 863 plots.
So, this was all there was to know about the Jalozai project by the government of KP. We will be regularly updating the blog with new information, so make sure to bookmark this page.
For more information, stay tuned to the best real estate blog in Pakistan. If you are looking to buy property in Pakistan, do check out popular neighbourhoods in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar. Don’t forget to write to us at email@example.com and we will surely get back to you. Subscribe to Zameen Newsletter appearing on the right-hand side of the page.