How to Open an Easypaisa Account [Table of Contents]
- About Easypaisa
- Opening an Easypaisa Mobile Account
- Opening an Easypaisa Account for Telenor Users
- Opening an Easypaisa Account for Non-Telenor Users
- How to Deposit Money into Your Easypaisa Account
- Benefits of Having an Easypaisa Account
Need to transfer money, pay your bills, and top up your mobile credit from the comfort of your home? Create an Easypaisa account and you’ll be able to do all that and much more. Below, we’ll share the details on how to open an Easypaisa account for free, what benefits and services you can get from having an Easypaisa account, and how this service is making monetary transactions and transfers easy all across the country.
What Is Easypaisa?
Launched in 2009 as a collaboration between Telenor and Tameer Microfinance Bank (known as Telenor Microfinance Bank since 2016-17), Easypaisa is one of Pakistan’s first mobile banking platforms and is also the only Global System for Mobile Communications (GSMA) certified mobile money service in Pakistan. It is also among the best online payment services in Pakistan.
While the company was initially launched only as a money transfer service within Pakistan, it has now made it more convenient than ever before to perform all kinds of monetary transactions throughout the country in a fast, convenient, and reliable manner. Along with constant upgrades and innovations, the Easypaisa mobile account and the Easypaisa App (available for both Android and iOS) have now made branchless banking a possibility with the help of Telenor Microfinance Bank.
Thus, Easypaisa is now a bank account connected to your phone that any mobile subscriber can create with ease to transfer and receive funds in a matter of minutes, irrespective of where they are located within the country. From the payment of utility bills to bank transfers and mobile top-ups, simple methods can allow you to perform a range of financial transactions once you sign up with an Easypaisa account.
How to Open Easypaisa Account via Mobile App
Here’s how to make Easypaisa account through the mobile app in a few simple steps:
- Download the Easypaisa app from the Google Play Store or App Store for iOS
- Open the app once it is installed
- Enter your mobile number in the space provided and tap Next
- Enter your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number and the Date of Issuance for your CNIC
- Select your city from the options provided
- Enter a 5-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) code in both the provided spaces to create your Easypaisa account
- Once the registration is complete, you will have complete access to the app and its array of services
Please note that the app is set to English by default but can be used in Urdu as well. Moreover, please make sure that you memorise the PIN code to open the Easypaisa account at any time without any inconvenience.
Steps to Opening an Easypaisa Account for Telenor Users
Ease of access is one of the core principles of Easypaisa and this is why the service is not only restricted to smartphone users. If you use a cell phone that does not have Wi-Fi connectivity or the compatibility to download mobile applications, you can use the following steps to open an Easypaisa account that is connected entirely to your mobile phone number.
- If you are a Telenor user or own an active Telenor sim registered to your name, dial *786# from your phone
- Create a 5-digit pin code
- Re-enter the pin code for confirmation
- Dial *786# to enjoy the Easypaisa services
Alternatively, you can also visit any Telenor Franchise or Easypaisa retailer in Pakistan to open your account.
Steps to Opening an Easypaisa Account for Non-Telenor Users
The process of opening an Easypaisa account is slightly long for non-Telenor users but you can easily do so by following the steps below:
- Send a text message to 0345-1113737 with ‘EP<space>Your CNIC Number’
- You will then get a call from an Easypaisa representative for verification
- After verification, you will need to create a 5-digit PIN code when the call is redirected
- Remember that PIN code as you will need to send it in the text message once the call is over
- Type ‘PIN<space>5-digit pin code<space>Confirm 5-digit pin code’ in a text message before sending it to 0345-1113737
- Wait for a confirmation SMS from 3737 that will indicate that your Easypaisa account has now been successfully created
How to Deposit Money into Your Easypaisa Account
To perform any form of monetary transaction with Easypaisa, you will need to deposit some money into your account. You can deposit money into your Easypaisa account via the following methods:
- Visit any of the Easypaisa shops in Pakistan
- Perform a bank transfer from any bank account
- Transfer money to your account from another Easypaisa account
- Send money from another mobile account
- Transfer money through your CNIC number
- Perform a transfer through your RAAST ID
- Use your local or international Debit Card or Credit Card
Moreover, you can use any of the available Easypaisa Cashpoints to use the deposited funds.
Benefits of Having an Easypaisa Account
There are plenty of benefits to having an Easypaisa account. Some of the major ones include:
- Quick and easy transfer of money to any bank account, mobile account, RAAST ID, or Easypaisa account
- Secure and convenient payment of utility bills with just a few steps
- Amazing discounts on mobile bundles and bill payments
- Availability of short-term loans of PKR 10,000
- Ease of international money transfers
- Top up of credit balance for prepaid sims of all networks
- Payment of bills for postpaid sims of all networks
- Swift payments with the use of a QR code scanner
- Easy Business facility for partnering with Easypaisa
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some FAQS about the digital payment system.
How much does it cost to make Easypaisa account?
There are no hidden charges for making an Easypaisa account.
How to make Easypaisa account without CNIC?
You cannot make an Easypaisa account without a valid CNIC.
Can I create more than one Easypaisa account?
You can only open one Easypaisa account on one CNIC.
What is an Easypaisa merchant account?
Easypaisa merchant account provides businesses with a unique QR that they can use to send and receive payments digitally.
How to delete Easypaisa account?
- If you’re a Telenor customer, dial 3737 on your phone. Meanwhile, customers on other networks can contact the helpdesk at (042) 111-003-737.
- Listen to the operator’s instructions and select ‘speak to a customer support agent.’
- Ask the customer service representative to cancel your Easypaisa account.
- Answer any questions they might ask to confirm your identity
- You will receive a confirmation message when your account is closed
Alternatively, visit any Telenor Microfinance Bank branch or Telenor franchise to delete Easypaisa account.
Now you know all about opening an Easypaisa account for free. Fill out this form if you are interested in opening an Easypaisa retailer account instead. Telenor users can call 3737 and non-Telenor users can call 042-111-003-737 from their mobile phones in case of any confusion. You can visit the official site of Easypaisa for more details. You can also check out Easypaisa’s latest products and promotions online.
Here are some more details about digital payment systems in Pakistan. Stay connected to Zameen Blog for more informative and helpful posts. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your comments, suggestions, and feedback.
*[Cover Image Credits: Facebook/Easypaisa]