In order to support and promote the scope of cottage industry and different types of micro, small- and mid-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Punjab, the provincial government has recently launched the Punjab Rozgar Scheme. It’s a flagship initiative of the government of Punjab, which is being jointly supported by the Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC), a statutory body established by the provincial parliament under the PSIC Act, 1973.
So, if you want to learn more about this newly launched employment programme by the Punjab Government, then you have come to the right place. In this blog, we are going to give you a complete overview of the Punjab Rozgar Scheme, detailing the scope of this initiative and how it will support the unemployed section of the society.
Scope of Punjab Rozgar Scheme
The scope of this employment programme launched by the Punjab Government is to provide financial support to start-ups as well as the existing small-scale businesses that have been severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Under the banner of the Punjab Rozgar Scheme, the government will provide up to PKR 30 million in the form of loans for the provision of subsidised credit facilities in collaboration with the commercial banks in the province. The loans granted will amount from PKR 1-10 lakh.
Target Sectors of the Punjab Rozgar Scheme
According to the official website of Punjab Rozgar Scheme, the target sectors if this government-run programme has been listed as under:
- University/College grads with entrepreneurial skill
- Diploma/Certificate holder from Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) having technical/vocational training.
- Artisans and skilled workers serving in the cottage industry.
- Existing Small-scale Businesses (Preference to be given existing to the ones affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic)
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Rozgar Scheme 2020
Some of the key pointers regarding the eligibility criteria for this scheme are as follows:
- People falling in the age group from 20 to 50 years are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should be a citizen of Pakistan, resident in Punjab, verified through CNIC
- Business availing credit facility in Lahore should be Lahore-based
- Business type eligible for the programme include sole proprietorship, partnership, or any business fulfilling other eligibility criteria
- The applicant must have a good credit history
- Business plan pitches should have a focus on the sustainability of business to keep things afloat during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Note: You need to have a valid domicile certificate, verifying that you are a resident of Punjab. To help you in this regard, we have written a detailed post on how to verify your domicile online in Punjab.
How to Apply for Punjab Rozgar Scheme
Here is the application process for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme:
- First of all, visit the official website of Punjab Rozgar Scheme
- On the home page, you see the following window. Click on the Sign-up button to continue with the application process for Punjab Rozgar Scheme
- The next screen appearing will have fields where you have to fill in your name, valid CNIC number, your mobile number
- After providing your personal information, the next section will be about your business information. After providing all the required information, you’ll have to fill in the details about your credit.
- Also, don’t forget to upload all the necessary documents related to your personal and business details during the online application process for the scheme
Salient Features of Punjab Rozgar Scheme 2020
- As discussed the scheme provides loan amounts ranging from PKR 1-10 lakhs
- Loan Tenure from 2 till 5 years
- Offering the lowest mark-up rate as it is a government-sponsored programme to provide subsidised credit facilities
This brings us to the end of our detailed overview of the newly-launched Punjab Rozgar Scheme. We hope this piece has provided you with all the useful information about this government-sponsored employment programme. If you still have any queries or feedback related to our blog, feel free to contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like our detailed blog post on Punjab’s E-Rozgar Program and Kamyab Jawan Programme, both of which are government-run initiatives focused on providing credit facilities and employment opportunities to deserving entrepreneurs and job seekers, respectively.
For more informative pieces and lifestyle guides, stay tuned to Zameen Blog, the country’s best lifestyle and property blog. Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get all our latest updates.