Youth is a major resource for not only the financial prosperity of a country but for the social welfare of people as well. The Federal Government of Pakistan understands and has clearly acknowledged the importance of youth on many occasions, and this is also evident from the Prime Minister’s Youth Programme, also known as the Kamyab Jawan Programme. However, the government of Pakistan recently took another pro-youth step by announcing a government-backed initiative named “Youth Empowerment Card” in collaboration with NADRA.
Before we discuss the details of the card, let’s talk about how this card will help the Pakistani Youth swipe its way to success!
Youth Empowerment Card – A Positive Step towards Making Pakistani Youth Financially Independent
According to an adage, “youth is the backbone of the society”, so it is only natural for the body to stop functioning if the backbone is broken or damaged. The same goes for the Pakistani youth – their equal participation in the state’s affairs and the economy is a sign of good fortune for the country. And, it can only be achieved when young individuals are financially independent, and they have a defined role in the decision-making process.
That said, here’s a brief overview of how the youth’s financial independence can motivate, elevate, and increase the pace of progress:
- For a Better Tomorrow: Let’s face the truth, money makes the world go round, and nothing else can replace the satisfaction of financial independence. Hence, the PM’s Youth Programme is especially aimed at financially empowering the youth for a better tomorrow. This aim includes elevating and increasing the standard of living for young individuals and struggling Pakistani youth.
- Increased awareness: While some say ignorance is bliss, they have certainly not known enough to feel empowered. Awareness is a crucial factor in the liberation, empowerment, and personality development of young people. However, all this can only be achieved by informing the youth about their rights and responsibilities, promoting youth activism, and providing them with a platform to step-up in decision making. As such, the PM Youth Empowerment Programme will play an imperative role in an individual’s development and will also augment awareness among young and energetic individuals of the country, which in turn will be beneficial for national development.
- Individual Satisfaction: Financial liberation is necessary to enable young individuals to play a more pronounced part in Pakistan’s development and prosperity. Youth Empowerment Card is the most effective means to push the youth to confront the challenges of the future and come out on top.
- Poverty Eradication: The sad reality is that the majority of Pakistan’s population belongs to the working-class group of people, while the rest are just trying to make ends meet. At the same time, we have got a whole group of recent graduands who are looking for jobs but don’t have a fair allowance for commute and other expenditures. In this regard, Prime Minister’s Youth Programme is aimed explicitly at reducing the rate of poverty and facilitating the youth by getting jobs and supporting their families.
- Leadership Tendencies: Financially independent youth can ultimately take control of their lives and can take calculated risks, which helps in the development of leadership skills. So, nothing can stop a radical young individual harnessed with experience to step ahead and lead.
To squeeze it all together, Youth Empowerment Card is PM Imran Khan’s way to make sure that the youth has access to civic resources, which will help Pakistani youth transform their financial locus, and the future of the nation, altogether.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the details of this brand new venture of Prime Minister’s Youth Programme!
Youth Empowerment Card by Prime Minister’s Youth Programme
On 11th November, a federally controlled department, Prime Minister’s Youth Affair Programme (PMYAP), announced the launch of “Youth Empowerment Card” in collaboration with the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
As per the tweet published on the official twitter account of the Information Ministry, the scheme is aimed at making Pakistani youth entirely financially independent. The tweet also mentioned the factor of empowerment associated with the card. Under the flagship of the PMYAP, the government has already successfully introduced an interest-free loan scheme as part of the Kamyab Jawan Programme. The government is now aiming to alleviate and take the burden of financial weight off the youth’s shoulder via discounts on civic facilities.
Working in collaboration with NADRA, comprehensive data of youth across the country will be collected through a confidential process. After the data collection, the youth [as decided under data collection process], across the country, will avail subsidy on basic amenities like travel, passport, and CNIC fees, to name a few. While some sources also mention that an allowance of up to PKR 5 thousand will also be provided under this card to provide opportunities to youth and to motivate them to contribute to national growth, development, and other associated affairs.
They say that to build a better tomorrow, we need to nurture saplings today. As such, this remarkable initiative by the government will help the youth of Pakistan get seamless and affordable access to civic facilities, which in turn will help them contribute to the nation’s well-being. We’ll keep updating this blog as soon as the new information floats in! Till then, keep visiting Zameen Blog or subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates delivered directly to your inbox!