DHA City Karachi Vs Bahria Town Karachi

Hi,

I am new to this forum and beginner to property business. I am looking forward to have meaningful advise from experienced members.

I am thinking to buy 10 Marla plot either in DHA City Karachi or Bahria Town Karachi project as long term investment e.g. 8/10 years.

Although it's already late to buy those property cheaply as they were during the start of the project. But still people are selling, for example, I can get 8/10 Marla plot in DHA City Karachi for under 2 million.

After paying this amount, I still need to pay installments till 2019, which will be an additional amount of 280000 PKR for 200 yards plot. Original price of the plot is 766000.

Do you think it is still worth to buy this for around 25 lac as long term investment?

In my opinion, DHA City Karachi is better because the installment are not too much compared to Bahria.

If it is not feasible, what other projects could be to invest in Karachi?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

-Tariq

I am also novice like you but here is my observation, BTK is expensive but location wise its lot better than DCK. If you check development speed and design & planning of both societies (also in term of habitation) BTK is no brainer for 5-10 year investment, but I think DCK will easily catch BTK after 10 years when people will start moving there.

Do istaghara and seek Allah guidance.

Please do not consider the ease of installment payments as a rational investment indicator. Look at the fundamentals like; 1. Safety of investment, 2. Commitment and ability of the developer and 3. Location.

DHA is better at 1st funda one while BT beats DHA in the remaining two fundamentals. I personally believe you can buy a bigger plot in BTK today and after 5 years you may very well be in a position to sell it and buy 3 equal sized ones in DHA City.

Anyhow please DO do the istikhara before moving ahead.

Agreed with Wasi and Zubair, apart from 3 fundamentals as indicated by Zubair, one more addition to that is the end user and genuine buyers demand for any particular project, and in this ground within 3-5 years BTK will be way ahead, due to the reason that every one is not investing for 10 years from today.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help.

Do you think, it is still worth to buy in BTH even if 250 yards plot which was originally costing 2850000 now costing around 34 or 35 Lacs ?

@ Tariq: It will cost now around 41 to 42 lacs not 35 or 35. I would recommend 250 if you are keeping it for long term, i.e. 2 years. In short term it has gained enough and it will not rise substantially. Now the rock bottom touching 125 sq. Yards has a potential as bahria will do something to make that an attractive commodity aswell.

Well others may disagree.

I personally think there is still lot of room in 250 and 500 yards plots, as the homes and apartment categories are already on good high profit and soon it touch the limit the second trend will be 250 & 500 yards. The 125 yards category should also rise in principal but due to huge supply and past history of Bahria where 5 marla is the last to get attention it will struggle a bit.

Sohail bro room is always their but when it comes on its respective time,even before location and plot number and bahria priorities(unknown)if it goes up to 60 lakh for 10 marla then where is the juice after that,

and secondly as soon as karachi project gets on track,bahria will change its course and go towards pakahawar.if you have to invest in bahria then always go with the wind,just go with the bahria where ever they go buy,hold.sold and move on,they are on a mission to conquer whole pakistan

Adnan Bhai, abhi to 40-41 mai hai, jab tak 60 par phonche ga, one can make another 15-20 lakh, thats why i said still room is there, take example of Bahria heights, it will be definitely be delivered in normal time, now its reached to 77 already, but still there is room, if in enclave a studio apartment can be sold on 60 lakh and 10 marla on 70 lak with no info on where about even and no development, don't you think this hieghts will easily cross crore and 10 marla 60 lakh. Where a huge population is looking for a descent housing projects on reachable prices.

Also always with the wind is not good, I almost book in every new project, but in Enclave 2 I suffered a lot, in Karachi still its time to buy and hold :)

Bro your above comments might be right about potential prices in future ,but enclave 2 wala scene market ke peak pa hota ha.when they start a new project in a new city they give investors a chance,enclave 2 was launched at a time,when bahria was at its peak agar malik sahab aunda kohain main be jump lagana ka kehta to wo be app mar jata,ka malik ka raha ha to SCENE ON ho ga

Adnan Bro, Thanks you very much, this is what exactly i am trying to mention that in BTK there is still lot of room, once they start launching Karachi enclave and Karachi garden city etc etc, then we needs to be worried :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your views.

Looks like BTK is the winner.

Market has seen some correction in the last two days… Might be a good time to invest for beginners

You mean market has gone down ?

I don't understand, how prices can differ too much within just 2 or 3 days ?

How much for 10 marla in BTK including everythng?

Market experts shed light on

Bahria Town Karachi Property Market future outlook

http://www.propertymarket.pk/bahria-town-karachi-property-market-future-outlook/

Market experts shed light on

Bahria Town Karachi Property Market future outlook

http://www.propertymarket.pk/bahria-town-karachi-property-market-future-outlook/

Mrs. Kashif,

Latest Prices (10th November 2014)

Residential Plots:

125 Square Yards: PKR 3.50 to 3.80 Lacs

125 Square Yards (Ali Block): PKR 12.00 to 13.00 Lacs

250 Square Yards: PKR 13.50 to 15.00 Lacs

500 Square Yards: PKR 23.00 to 25.00 Lacs

1000 Square Yards: Not Available

2000 Square Yards: Not Available

(c) bahriatowntoday.com

Apart from 125 sq yards all the rest are reversing back. Now is the time to invest in 125 only.

Tariq bro,you have to invest in Dha Karachi rather than behria town,as DHA has reputable worth in the market.