The over-hyped b-17

Its confusing, where to invest 5 Million?

B-17

Faisal Hills

Gulberg Residencies

I-15/16

Bahria Town Phase 8

Or somewhere else for good returns in 3-5 years?

Thank you

Exit 8 of ring-road will be sangjani. It will connect A& B block of B-17 directly with airport and motorway. Will also help people coming from Taxila, Haripur.

Multi experts saying that 15 to 25 lac price jump is coming for A,B block as soon they start construction work between Hakla and Sangjani.

2nd trend shared by Multi experts is that G-13/14/15 are heavily populated or too expenssive for people. So many middle class people have no choice but build in B-17, Top City or Faisal Town.

B-17 is prefered because of Islamabad address for A& B block.

1 Like

Brother, here is the thing that suits, per my view in that 5 Mil bracket:

*B-17
Buy, wait, best is to Construct and sell if you wanna target Overseas. Suits those who are in proximity of Taxila.

Faisal Hills
If you wanna enjoy Satta & Real Estate in same go!

*Gulberg Residencies
V, T, or adjacent Possession blocks only, Hold 3+ years

I-15/16
-- I-16, possession (16/4, 16/2) gradual appreciation but one of the safest options to hold for 2+ years

-- I-15 going great if hold for 1 year though it will see up and down of pricing.

** Bahria Town Phase 8
Buy, wait. The more news for RRR, it will do good its even doing well now but for 2+ years a much better outcome. Say away from Ext.

Or somewhere else for good returns in 3-5 years?
- May be I-12,
- Airport Green Garden,
- there is a buzz about Islamabad Model Town,
- Bahria Enclave (Sector I, N),
- Short Term Low investment Lahore Smart City

Shah sahib, whatever you choose do not fall for satta bazi or over-priced option. Ph.8 dealers may rip you off due to recent RRR hype. So try to get right price.

Shah sab, here is my priority list safety wise:

1. I-16

2. Gulberg

3. B-17

Go for only and only possession plot. For now forget I-15 or I-12 or faisal hills, unless there is real possession.

Dear brothers

The post is not about living in B17, maybe it’s a decent place to live in. I am talking as a small investor, who expects some reasonable return in a reasonable time period, not in 20, 30 years as some friends have suggested. If you buy a piece of land anywhere and live it for three decades, every piece of land will give you some return. If you leave B17 alone, one day your great grandchildren will be full of praise for you. PARDADA JI ACHI INVESTMENT KAR GIAY THAY.

I have some experience in dealing with B17. I bought my first plot here back in 2008 and bought a few more in the next 2 years. As a family we bought around one dozen plots here. WHY?. Because we believed in the same dreams that dealers are using to lure in small investors today. Margalla Avenue, C14, C115, crushing has ended, MA has been realigned, old contractor gone, new one is in, FWO is doing it, FWO WILL do it , tender aa gia, tender chla gia, water found, motorway access . It will peak, not peaked yet, about to peak etc. O bhai 30 saal baad tu cholistan bhi peak kar jaye ga.

If you ignore the dates and look for some old posts and news, it’s all there, ditto! no change. Admittedly, there were some returns on these investments but not reasonable. Compared with other areas that were available at the time and also not in a reasonable time frame. I regret not investing in G sectors, barhia, DHA, D12 that were at reasonable price at that time, hell my investment in rural KPK fetched me better returns than this. For most people this has been a near dead investment especially if you look at rupee depreciation.

I understand some people will argue 12% per year returns on B17 but I disagree, its not about 12% or 205, its about comparing your returns with other areas, that you could have invested in. Honestly I don’t thin that Margalla avenue matters that much now. Dealers have squeezed the juice out of trusting investors showing them a line on the map, now even if its constructed, I don’t know how this will change anything for anyone at all, unless all the residents of Taxilla and B17 , decide to come to Islamabad everyday using Margalla avenue

1 Like

Bahria, DHA offer great standards but only well educated and afluent people are their target class.

Faisal Hills and B-17 caters to totally different class of investors and buyers and this class will never go live in Bahria or DHAs.

Unless per capita GDP of

There is a sudden boom in property business…5 marla file own which was 3 lakh a month back in AGG is now touching 8_9 lakh almost … I think hype is everywhere

Thats the bubble thing. In case of AGG for example the new booking most probably at 38 so ones who booked earlier will escalate to the point of keeping it just under 38. If that was 40 the bubble would had grown more to the point of < 40, if that was 35 that bubble would had shrunk to < 35 and so. The Dealers' Game, as far as files. Real Market emerges when inventory ends up in the hands of genuine buyers and developer have very less to launch new!!

Pretty much same in all files and see extreme in Faisal Hills.

Real Market Exists in Developed Plots at the hand of buyers and factors that make it escalate is More Construction, Road Networks in and Around or Civic Work etc.

see the CDA stuff in that regard!

With even 8 lakh profit, 5 marla is touching 41 and profit is increasing on daily basis and I think it will reach at level of top city or atleast faisal hills

by that point: the question will be is it worth going for AGG rather than TC or for that sake Mumtaz or Gandhara or all that in same proximity(that offers in same bracket) but is a bigger game. That is exactly the point when the dealers will exit and the bubble may crash unless there is a 'Khirkii Tour' Rush for AGG files ...

The thing that has happened again and again in the BTs and B-17 etc.

I think we now welcome 2008 boom in Pak property…not only in BTs and B-17. The best approach must be…buy and exit…buy and exit…the bubble this time may burst early!

@AQ

Guru G, Plz elaborate Buy and Exit strategy.

Very simple sir...
Buy. .cling with daily prose & poetry sung by dealers and market forces...when 8 to 10% profit is offered, close eyes from doubling the profit in future and sell..
Buy another plot ....adopt the very same strategy. You will be a wealthy man In Shaa Allah with Halal income but when you make a plalace....do not forget the ones living in " jhouprees"..
You do not have to be a super sonic, clever and ultra intellectual person in doing this....
What kills us, sir, doubling our investment dream in near future!
In our total currupt system, nothing runs by book rather it runs on speculations, lust hypocracy, sir.
This time bubble likely to be short period if it does exist as Imran govt is on red mark with internal and external forces and our beloved politicians are behaving like cut head chickens running mindlessly on both sides!

Sir, the issue, that with Advanced Tax, CGT, Commission etc. etc. (eating up big chunks of that 8 - 10%). Cycle repeats for any new purchase/sell.

End Buyers May not have that much liquidity to be more frequent and the incentive is minimised. Also, lets say overseas that need to send a Power of Attorney to sell off even an asset worth 1 PKR on their name at one point it becomes impractical.

It definitely suits the agents that mostly do stuff on Token Money, get their commission (without placing on own name) get the top + commission and exit. For end-buyers and overseas that may not be that easy ...

Having said that in solid projects like CDA/DHA Buy and Hold is still not bad. It doesn't involve that much of a hassle and avoiding repeating commissions and taxes and buy/sell avoids the leaked profits!

Imtiaz sb
I had profits in mini 10 lacs on several deals on weekly basis while sitting in Qatar and done all on POA.
But luckily I had honest dealer in Pakistan to act on my behalf.
But when I decided being a slave of greed and thinking myself as a mighty expert and failed to perform an exit strategy, I lost also millions in BTs!
I Pak booms, comes roughly in 15 years, exit strategy is more important then buying!
Just my 2 cents!

Fair Enough, AQ sb!!

Anyone worried about CGT, AdvanceTax should stick to open plots/files. B-17 and Faisal Hills both offer such options.

Open options attract more buyers too.

Most of times, it is the TIMINGS of investment in specific area and the luck matters too and also how much you can foresee the future...In business and real estate you must have the basic knowledge and too talkitives or intelligent men never make a great investment BECAUSE ...THE GREAT MIND IS ALWAYS IN DOUBTS ...

i made dead investment in block F of b17 in 2018 in commercial and it is going well at the moment.... In 2013 i was travelling daily over ring road in Peshawar, it was 3 lac per marla commercial plot but i could not take risk in 2013 due to security problems in KPK, now the same commercial plot each marla price is 40 lac near hayatabad on ring road.....

In 2017 december i invested in one kanal residential plot and i thought this money was wasted as it was for home construction.... It has been multiplied by 3 in prices in 2021.....

I also made investment in 2018 in UT in commercial plot and i was damn sured of this investment but it is still dead.....

So it is all a complicated matter and most of times Allah gives from where we expect nothing..... It is also a matter of luck to make failed investments because it gives the lessons to keep you safe from the big losses........ It is what it is.... It was what it was.... It will be what it will be.....

Most of times, it is the TIMINGS of investment in specific area and the luck matters too and also how much you can foresee the future...In business and real estate you must have the basic knowledge and too talkitives or intelligent men never make a great investment BECAUSE ...THE GREAT MIND IS ALWAYS IN DOUBTS ...
i made dead investment in block F of b17 in 2018 in commercial and it is going well at the moment.... In 2013 i was travelling daily over ring road in Peshawar, it was 3 lac per marla commercial plot but i could not take risk in 2013 due to security problems in KPK, now the same commercial plot each marla price is 40 lac near hayatabad on ring road.....
In 2017 december i invested in one kanal residential plot and i thought this money was wasted as it was for home construction.... it has been multiplied by 3 in prices in 2021.....

I also made investment in 2018 in UT in commercial plot and i was damn sured of this investment but it is still dead.....
So it is all a complicated matter and most of times Allah gives from where we expect nothing..... it is also a matter of luck to make failed investments because it gives the lessons to keep you safe from the big losses........ it is what it is.... it was what it was.... it will be what it will be.....

1 Like