The over-hyped b-17

Dear Ilyas,

It is off the topic, however what do you advise between DHA Peshawar and Regi possession plots as to which one is good to invest in for 3-4 years, and If one have the budget can it be invested in both Regi n DHA Peshawar residential plots. Thanks

Currently DHA A-B-C is ranging from 13-15M for a 1 kanal.

Regi Zone 3-4 from 15-18M while 10 Marla's from 9-10M. Thanks

Muhammad sahib,

I have no personal investment in DHA Peshawar but i believe you should grab possession plot in DHA Peshawar.....

Muhammad sahib,
I have no personal investment in DHA Peshawar but i believe you should grab possession plot in DHA Peshawar.....

.Dear Zafar Ullah, I take your point. Basically you are frustrated at getting stuck in a slow paced investment and saw others hit the jack pot. But my dear, it happens in this business. You should consider yourself lucky getting out with 12% cumulative per annum gain. There are others who gained noting or lost in 10 years investment.

On the other hand, price growth in real estate is not linear. It jumps with "factors", so for B-17, although some factors as you mentioned helped improved the price a bit, but the biggest one, Margalla Avenue, is still awaited. You will agree that if it happens tomorrow, then prices would jump 100% over night, and many will kick themselves for bailing out too early.

I have my own share of regrets, but let's not look behind and move forward. My experience and learning tells, that one should always invest in solid property not the bubbles. From that standard I consider B17 as solid investment. Although I never invested in it, but now might be right time to move in.

Ilyas sb: Good to see you active on forum again. Please stay on and keep us enlightened with your wisdom. Stay blessed.

200% in 10 years

20% per annum is not just profit

It’s good and above average.

However if the comparison is with highest gainers then it’s relatively less.

I purchased a 10 Marla at a good block in bahria phase 8 in 4M in 2016 and now after ~ 5 years its value is ~ 70M. Means 15% per annum.

If you have possession plot and secure investment say ALHAMDU LILLAH at 20% per annum.

@Zubair, just for the numerical accuracy sake, you also gained 12% cumulative yearly profit. Which is the same as Zafar Ullah's 12%.

To calculate cumulative, you multiply 4 with 1.12 and then multiply the result again with 1.12, keep going for the number of years will give you final price. Hope you got it.

In my opinion, investment in any society if there is no legal issue and plot possession is available then 20% per annum is not bad.

The knowledge shared by experts here is helping a lot for new and less experienced investors like me. By going through discussions here, we can go ahead to better decisions for future.

Always on ground visit is must before any investment whatever the society is.

We all know what happened to real estate market since 2018. I am not in business of bashing anyone but B-17 has delivered gains even during the COVID last year.

Like someone said entry/exit at the right time matters a lot.

Right now is the time to hold/buy B-17. Forget margalla avenue. Watch Ring-Road exit 8 and G block interchange in near future.

Dear Isloo,
Brother
Thanks for correction and guidance.

Regardless of MA, only by RRR how much growth is expected for B17 for an average plot?

Isloo 1 and the only 1, i am around here bubba.... Three hens i had invested in are near to lay eggs.... I would be in the construction phase for couple years for the commercial plots that have got enough matured to lay eggs ...... I just enjoy the eggs(rent) and never sell the hens(commercial building) even if they get tired laying enough eggs except in extreme case where i slaughter them and make BANNU PEENDA out of it..... :) ..... In property the ultimate game earning is in commercials but take care for the possession and location....

Got rid of "Shaheedo ki zameen"(Death valley).....

Keep enjoying bro.......

Today's Dawn News Islamabad

https://epaper.dawn.com/DetailNews.php?StoryText=27_01_2021_151_005

MA work expected to start after seven years.

Welcome news, if that somehow starts to get materialise. Its the need of CDA too to sell those Cs (14 to 16)

Good news for the investors of adjoining areas.

MAZAY KARO !!!

The biggest beneficiary will be MPCHS, its projects on Zone 2 will all be connected from E-11 to B-17 to Jang Bahtar.

@isloo l1 Sir.I hope they do anything on ground.CDA is master at making useless tall claims and in the end they do nothing practically.Eventually all the dust settles with their incompetence starts affecting the projects and investors who usually buy on such news get stuck for years and years.I dont think so striking the deal with the land owners is an easy task.That is the main hurdle because they dont have the possession of that few kilometres patch.I may be wrong but I feel that it is just another desparate attempt to show that CDA is doing something.

CDA is a daylight crook, however, as a matter of facts, to sell-off those C-Series that have been making some noise in recent months, Margalla Avenue all that need to exist …

Imtiaz sb u are logically correct.But logic is the word unknown to CDA.They dont bother about anything.I dony think so they will be so concerned about C series sectors at the moment.

CDA Needs Money, Capital Needs to Expand, MA fits somewhere in between ...

Yes, I will keep my hopes low as long it has any thing to do with CDA, RDA or whatever the heck DAs here and there ...

Does this mean that one should jump in the boat by purchasing a plot quickly in B-17. If yes, which block and what size plot will be a better option to get better returns. Awaiting experts advice @ Imtiaz, Abdul Qayyum, Isloo1

Khan sb
Probably one of the best news we hear lately from CDA.
Plus CDA top man belongs to Nawaz group and will try to take good name by supporting the project amid the present bad time with N league.
Just like Sarwar taking keen interest in RRR but silently and will start singing like canary on the ribbon cutting day and afterwards.
Yes, the whole area will prosper all the way down to Kohat road as CPEC is joining at Hakla and will best connectivity for zone-2.
Let us see it gets materialized.

This road as good for having importance of a second bypass.