The over-hyped b-17

Let’s see how much time it’ll take for this news to become ground reality.

@Arshad Khan, I do not have much ground knowledge of B-17. So you should wait for other brothers' advice.

But as a general rule, go for a possession plot at best location, a highly desirable one (leveled, corner, front-open, etc.). Because, even if MA does not materialize, as most brothers here rightly suspect that incompetence of CDA shall prevail, then you still benefit from quality of plot.

Arshad sb, here is the same lollipop from CDA back in 2018

https://ibb.co/DwBpFLz

Well, if MA materilaised, you can see the red line that I drew here:

https://ibb.co/g4nd2XT

All of the area on left and right of the Avenue, i.e. From D-12 to B-17 (primarily Tarnol) side will be big time winner.

Yes, B-17 will flourish but the biggest beneficiaries will be open land in that area that is quite cheap at the moment. Shah Allah Ditta is just 1 example!

No buying/selling is allowed anymore between D-12 & B-17 in those C sectors.

Please check DC Islamabad warning. Massive plan is coming for that area.

https://twitter.com/dcislamabad/status/1344634981423996930?s=20

Brother, what the DC tweeted constitutes Part of the Area between D-12 and B-17, that's Not All the Area!!

===============================
شیخ پور تو میرا گاؤں ہے۔۔۔اور اسکا کچھ حصہ سیکٹر i-15 اور 14 کا حصہ ہے جبکہ باقی راولپنڈی میں آتاہے۔
جو راولپنڈی میں آتا ہے اسکا پٹواری بھی الگ ہے۔۔۔وہاں تاج ریزیڈنشیاں وغیرہ بھی بن رہے ہیں
@hamzashafqaat

اور جو سی ڈی اے میں آیا اسکی شاملات کی پیمنٹ ابھی تک نہیں ملی۔
Any update?

==> He clarified in sub-tweet: "Okay . Only the acquired area"

===================================

Its good to promote B-17 but not at the cost of misleading and promoting it to the point that it all start to read artificial and totally biased : )

Senior sir,

DC's tweet has nothing to do with the promotion of B-17.

So feel free to keep bashing B-17, if you like to do so.

But reality exists that there are 3 game-changers for B-17 & Faisal Hills.

1. Exit 8 of Ring Road
2. G BLOCK interchange
3. Margalla Avenue and administration's abililty to deliver with the help of Army engineers. Just like they delivered in G-14.

Brother, I was not referring to DC's comments. Per my Humble Opinion, I was simply referring to posts here on the forum that undermine facts to promote a specific agenda/project.

An informed person like you will be well aware of the Type of Satta-Baazi that goes into Faisal Hills ...

Well worth the promotion but not at the cost of twisting facts that's misleading and unfair to those brothers that login here for fair comments to neutrally assess before they could pour in their hard earned money ...

A simple maths question:

If a kanal plot in E-11/3 (MPCHS) and D-12 (CDA) is 6 Crore. Then how much B-17 (MPCHS) plot will be if all 3 connected with a single road.

(Note: it's a trick question)

@ Isloo1

Even if all of the three get connected by the same road, still I don't think that B-17 will ever be able to compete with E-11 and D12 in terms of prices. As E-11 and D-12 are in zone 1 of Islamabad while B-17 is in zone 2. Regardless of all the flaws in zone 1 development standards, it will still hold the reign

More than the linear connectivity its the exclusivity that's somehow reflected via these F, E and now to some extent D of proper CDA vs the B Cooperative society as CDA.

Example: Per Kanal and Per Sq. Ft. Of Greens and Residencia are two different species, though under same brand and single road connected (even less than 5 Km)

E, F, are the CBD/Down-Town/City Centre, B is outskirts of ISB. Elites (power players, foreign diplomats, multinational chains) will prefer E, F 9/10 times over any other (even if that's G beyond 7).

That touching to 2.5 or beyond is too much for that part of the city.

Will only sectors A and B of B-17 part of ICT see the huge surge in prices if the road gets materialized or the other sectors of B-17 (which are not part of ICT) will also come at par with sector A and B.

Profit of 6 million in 10 years is not bad return but also consider the following factors if this make sense as the rupee has devalued a lot in the last 10 years .

Exchange rate of 1 USD to pkr in 2010= around 90 rupees

300000/90= ~33k usd

Zafarullah spent 33k usd to purchase a plot back in 2010.

Current price

9 million

Current exchange rate to usd= 160

9000000/160= 56k usd

Net profit

56k- 33k= 23k usd

23k USD to rupees = 3680000 pkr

So in real the profit is only 36 lacs after 10 years of investment which is 3.6 percent per year.

Yes correct currency depreciation has to be always considered when calculating profit. Specially overseas Pakistanis who convert from foreign currency and invest in Rupees.

Pardesi bubba,

Let me make your calculation perfect as per my belief since you are calculating profit on the basis of $.... In the last 10 years, the $ itself has depreciated 23% as per depreciation calculator somewhere .... Have you calculated $ depreciation to calculate your real or net profit?

GROSS profit= 23000 buck(USD)

Net profit= 23000 x 0.77= 17710 buck

In pakies= 2,833,600

So annual return= 2.8% instead of 3.6%....

For calculating inflation in the buck($).......

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com

Cumulative rata of inflation in the buck from 1947 till 2021 is around 1061%.....

In addition to the devaluation, not to forget inflation and rising taxes in particular for the Real Estate!!

Anyone who calculates the profit in $ terms should NEVER invest in Pakistan… I am overseas Pakistani myself and I see my gains as to whatever Allah has written for me!!!

Even an inflation-and-devaluation-adjusted 17.7K net profit on 33K base investment amounts to 54% over 10 years, which comes to 5.4% per annum. I however prefer to see multi-year gain in CAGR (compound annual growth rate), which is 4.4% in this case. And it is interest (riba) free.

I am not aware of any investment in US that fetches this much net return. (well obviously, because I do not live in US, so any bro or sis from the land of Biden can update us).

Perdesi babu rightly pointed out the poor returns from B17 from a small genuine investors point of view over the years. Depreciation in Rupee has affected every sector but less so if your prices are gone up several folds.

B17 is perhaps a good place to live if you want to have a home near Islamabad, but for investors it has been a poor investment so far, unless you deal in files and make money like dealers did.

Connectivity alone wont make much difference honestly, even if they construct MA I dont think their will be a price hike as anticipated. However, some people will still make profits at the expense of small investors lured in yet again in the name of margalah avenue.

Well Zafar Ullah bro, then you have not seen poor investment. Talk to millions who invested in DHA Valley, DHA II Ext, BE-II, BT-8 ext, BT Khi (list goes on) and you will know what loosing is. You should be happy to get out after tripling your rupees in 10 years.

No doubt this was less compared to high-return options.

لیکن اگر آپ کم منافع پر خفا ھیں تو پھر باقیوں کو کپڑے پھاڑ کر جنگلوں میں نکل جانا چاھیے۔

Well said Isloo 1 and the only 1 bubba..... I have lost 60 lac in Hell valley since 2009 after adjusting inflation in three plots..............

How great it would have been if it were the land of doony than the land of sleepy biden :(....

Let me tell you a story,

In old times there was a severe drought in Kunar province of Afghanistan... The king was visiting the area along his prince... People complained to king about the severe shortage of wheat, food etc..... The prince asked the king " why do not the people eat sweets and pastry if there is shortage of wheat and food?"