Where to invest 3m?

Hi Everyone. I have 3m to invest and I’m looking for opportunities. My aim is to invest and leave it for the next 3-5 years as I live overseas. I’m looking at RWP/ISB only. Any suggestions? Thank you

For overseas best advice will be to wait, save in foreign currency and see where does USD stops. Trends suggest when PKR starts to fall overseas investment in RE halts and it does impact overall growth of RE asset!

Dollar seems like free fall and it is highly likely that the way govt has taken historical steps on the international front, the whole world did not think in dreams that Pakistan will play so intelligently & an will gain admirable diplomatic success…
USA & Europe are dying to punish Pakistan & the only way they could do is in economy …
Soon we will see big impact on our textile exports through manipulations by the big players!
Mere moun main khak, $ could reach Rs 300-400 within year…Rs 200 is written in stone…may be in six months.
The only refuge would be expats remittances & improved tax collection in FBR.
Rather than putting in $ & give Benifit to big Harami USA, better keep in high profile developed societies in solid plots but never ever in files or certificates.

As a matters of facts, as far as preserving and growing ones hard earned money USD has grown more than 7 PKR since July-1, 2021 (4.0+ % approx) and 16 PKR since May-15, 2021 (10.6%). I am a pro-RE investment guy but many a times in life one need to be a realist rather than emotionalist for assets and priorities of their life.

Foreign investment/remittances is not just about USD or EUR it also includes SAR, AED, QAR from where most of the remittance inflows!!

I will keep the facts intact:

• Expats will send in remittance and USD/SAR/AED/QAR/EUR etc. will be converted to PKR that’s for now devaluaing. Pay all taxes to buy RE assets that might stagnate for sometime.

• The paid taxes will be used by the state to buy imported vehicles/Luxury Items from Big Harami US & EU. Their kids will sent to US & EU because a foreign degree will help those kids of politicians, judges, bureaucrats and retired souls to be the next rulers and setteling their business empires in US & EU. SAPMS are being hired that are national of Big Harami US & EU.

Common sense would suggest anyone to wait a bit and see where PKR settles and that will be best time to decide!!

=====

No one will tell but here is a fact for this round of appreciation or boom in overall market has expired (post Eid). Now it’s not about everywhere but specific projects will grow depending on infrastructures developments around them and almost all of them are game to be played with 5+ million (at minimum)

– Save the post please, I am here …

I would suggest you hold back your investment decision and keep your money in whatever is your local foreign currency until the dust on Afghanistan situation settles down since this issue will have a major effect on Pakistan in the short, medium and long term now onwards. It is very likely that the USD will apprecaite massively against PKR if sanctions are placed on Afghanistan and screws are tightened on Pakistan. The west is looking for scape goats for this major policy disaster and right now Pakistan fits that bill!.

@Its_ImtiaX_88 @yousafnoor is it time to pull out the investment from real estate and buy gold?

Gold will be volatile too. The point is

• Overseas investors can wait a bit to see where does PKR stops.

• Local investors switch or invest only in those projects that have future infrastructure developments in the pipeline.

So i guess you mean investment parked in B-17, I-14, I-15, F-14, DHA, BT is secure, but other little developed or file areas are not recommended at all.

Yes, though my knowledge is limited to B-17, I-14/15/16, F-14. In that, there are segments. BT & DH are rock solid (possesion ones) but I am not very knowledgeable about their inner mechanics. In my humble opinion:

• I-14 preferably 25x60 in 14/1 plot only. Don’t go for houses yet.

• 15/1, 2

• 16/4, 2

• B-17 (E, F, G), FMC

• F-14 will rise big time but some dust need to be settled

C-14, E-12

I say Top City and Gulberg Residencia will grow (possession only)

Some underdogs for next 1 - 2 yrs: CBR-2, Taj Residencia, Upcountry.

====
Again, overseas (having saving in currency that is pegged with USD) wait a bit even before entering into projects above as USD gained by +1.75 PKR in last 24 hours!

@hananmaqbool8

1st My advice buy but a develop plot for that you should have 35-50 lac +

2nd When the gobal ression hit the develop and semi develop market the prices went down because of the supply and demand + people had borrowed from banks and they were redundant and had to leave the country especially in GCC.

3rd In Pakistan most of the people buy property on pure cash and the population is growing in a higher rate . I had a chance to buy in i-16 for 44 lac today its 60-65

4th If geo politics gets worse it’s not jus your money it will be every boys investment :slight_smile:

Nasir sb
If I had good profit ongoing on my properties, I shall sure exit ASAP.
As I told before, the whole world is anxious to punish Pakistan & it has been happening with Pakistan all the time…
$ slide is invitable…Imtiaz sb says expat remittances will not affect much as these transactions would be converted in Rs & Rs is sliding…I do not agree as there is fundamental different between govt getting $ & paying back in Rs and just printing currency notes…
The day is coming when 1000 note will lose its worth during incoming transition…no one knows how long?
Suggesting to buy $ to the papulace is like shooting Pakistan in legs as $ demand will go sky high & Rs will further damage.
Regarding gold, yes, better option after $ buy when you buy ARY will charge you Rs 1000 per tola & when you sell then again you have to pay Rs 2000 as service charges.
Now in property investment amid unclear situation, best bet could be sell now if good profit of your investment is on current boom on files & certificates & park in 100% solid plots in CDA, DHA valley 5 blocks in ballotted or plots with possession letters as they are now very less & the way GHQ is targeting valley now, will sure give profit but not in month…at least 1-2 years time.
I will never suggest buying in DHA-3 & 5 as correction on sky high prices in highly likely.
Sir, $ will Benifit only on personal level but in property, state gets withholding taxis, gain taxes etc & time has proved that sensible property buying never puts in loss.
Investments on RRR, MA & golra underpass will survive on solid plots but as per my 2 cents, will take time as now buyers are getting leaner & leaner on Afghan situation.
A very tough time is ahead, sir, Allah Pak Hamain iss imtihan main kamyab furmae…Aameen sum Aameen.

Wise decisions are mostly ordinary decion but made at the right time.

Currency Print will sky rocket inflation just see the case of Zimbabwean Dollar and Iranian Riyal.

USD is a currency that is also global commodity. Any country that needs to pay debts or into imports or in trade deficit will have to buy USDs to pay in global markets. When the demand for USD will grow (Supply-Demand) principle, USD will become more expensive to buy for an economy that runs on PKR. The day that demands decreases USD becomes cheaper or let’s say PKR becomes stronger!

As per my little knowledge and practical experience , so far, seeing the Rs free fall, the best bet is build commercials & sell them.
Whatever happens to Rs, commercials will compensate all.
Even in high performing areas residential also good in making and selling.
That generate income for multi-skill personals as well as for construction industry.

Whethere Residential or Commercial:

• Selective projects where access or nearby public infrastructures are under progress or in pipeline will keep appreciating organically but not like the last boom until Jul End. To pick such projects is more important than amount to be invested.

• Let PKR get settled as RE rise will be slow. Best time for end-buyers to enter who can hold them for 2+ yrs at minimum.

The problem with majority of commercials in developing projects is that it takes lots of time and patience. It’s affordable but due to less population around it gets devalued for quite long and later on starts to pick up once population is built around it. Phase 7/8, Enclave, Gulberg are prime examples.

The commmercial that is a success is already ultra expensive, pays excellent rental income but got quite matured so no big jumps expected!

thanks Guys for a very healthy discussion, let me add one of my observation, in previous dollar jump 2018-2020 CDA developed sectors like G-10, G-11, I-8, I-9, I-10 etc got very very big jumps but less populated a little far away areas like Top City, B-17, Jinnah garden, BE etc were stagnant.

*again no knowledge of DHA or Bahria that is why its not included in my list.

“To pick such projects is more important than amount to be invested.”
Agreed but again as per experience & experience of my friends…we are several buddies, mostly expats, invest in partnership & so far Alhamdolilla excellent profit been registered with our most recent projects.
But let me tell interesting situation…in phase-8, if you select locations in hot areas buyers will book right on plot digging step whereas in the very same phase-8, more than 30% are still low performing areas.
In DHA-2, which is now challenging CDA’s sectors on residential property, commercials are only good on Jinnah Boulevard. …sector commercials are not very hot on resale and renting.
But if $ make more wonders, built up property business is a clear answer, if one does not opt for gold or metal/currency trading.

2 Likes

What are the best plot options in 2-3 million budget in Islamabad? Both possession and non-possession (but near to possession) please advise.

In that budget, do consider:

• Upcountry
  • CBR-2
  • Taj Residencia
  • Islamabad Model Town

If you can stretch beyond 4 million Airport Green Garden also a good option!

1 Like

Friends
In most recent times, investment for 2-3 years projection, DHA valley & phase-8 Orchard & extension plots are good for investments.
These are solid options In Shaa Allah.
All other options in low budget come after…

2 Likes

My Advice is:

1. Bahria Orchard Developed Only. (As non developed are priced much higher).
  2. Bahria Phase 8 Extension Developed + Non Developed (as both are highly underpriced yet).
  3. CBR 2
  4. Taj Residencia (Pakistan Package files).
  5. DHA Valley With Balloted & Possession Letters.
  6. Rudn Enclave.
  7. Upcountry.

(All of these investments have much juice to reap in future.)

Regards,
Humayyun.

3 Likes