Islamabad: The incumbent government has released a sum of over PKR 75 billion for various road infrastructure projects of the National Highway Authority (NHA), a news source reported. It has allocated these funds to the authority out of the total amount released for the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP).
Out of the allocated funds for several ongoing projects of the NHA, the following amounts have been released so far:
- PKR 2.8662 billion for Lahore-Multan Motorway (M-3 section)
- PKR 2.02 billion for the six-lane ring road from Kala Shah Kaku to Lahore
- PKR 2.5 billion for the Metro Bus Service Peshawar Morr-New Islamabad International Airport
- PKR 0.55 billion for the Karakoram Highway Phase-II Havelian- Thakot
- PKR 2 billion for the Jaglot-Skardu Road
- PKR 1.05 billion for the Lowari Road Tunnel and Access Roads Project
- PKR 0.7 billion for the Peshawar Northern Bypass
- PKR 1.05 billion for the four-lane bridge linking Layyah and Taunsa
An official source revealed that funds have also been released for the Hakla-Dera Ismail (DI) Khan Motorway. He added the authorities concerned have also released money for land acquisition and for compensating landowners affected by the project.