Peshawar: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) approved around 39 projects worth PKR 21.36 billion on Tuesday. The provincial body considered a total of 45 projects pertaining to Local Government (LG), finance, building, roads & bridges (R&B), Department of Water Supply & Sanitation (DWSS), tourism and sports, Accelerated Implementation Programme (AIP) sectors for the uplift of KP, Multi-Sectoral Development (MSD), Relief & Rehabilitation (R&R), agriculture, health, and higher, elementary, and secondary education.
Additional Chief Secretary Dr Shahzad Bangash chaired a meeting of the KP PDWP. The meeting also considered projects for the newly-merged tribal districts (NMTDs), and approved 39 out of the proposed 45 projects. Among the approved projects, PDWP referred two to the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) and the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC).
The PDWP approved projects that mostly belonged to the R&B sector. These included the construction of roads in the union councils (UCs) of Buner. The targeted UCs include Krapa, Rega, Shalbandai, Dewana Baba, Batara, Noorizi, Sooray, Pandair, Gagra, PK-21, and Gul Bandal.
The approved projects in the R&B sector also included the development of project concepts-II (PC-II) for making the feasibility and designs of a Swari to Dagar Bypass Road.
The PDWP also cleared the following R&B projects:
- Construction & black-topping of the Mardan-Gujarano Kalay, Sheikh Abad-Sher Khan Kallay, Karwan, Soor Mill Raheema- Landay Shah, Dosehra-Nazoo Kallay, and Pakistan Kallay-Dehri Zardad Roads in the Charsadda district
- Construction, improvement, rehabilitation, and widening of 16 roads in PK-44 Abbottabad
- Construction of 7-km long internal road in Jhagra, a 60-metre wide GM Bridge in Peshawar, and a road connecting the Bagh Adam Khel Tribe in Tirah area of the Khyber district
- Construction and black-topping of roads in Orakzai, Jamrud Tehsil and Landikotal area of Khyber
- Construction of 3.5-km bypass to the Sabzi Mewa Mandi in North Waziristan
- Black-topping of a road in Wana, South Waziristan
For the DWSS, the provincial body approved the following:
- Construction of a solar and gravity-based project in South Waziristan
- Development of PC-II for feasibility and design, in order to construct the Greater Water Supply Scheme Shalman to Landikotal
For boosting tourism, the PDWP approved the following:
- Development of roads in Malakand division
- Construction of access roads to tourist sites in Hazara Division
For the Building and the Communication & Works (C&W) departments, the provincial body cleared the project of setting a unit for Provincial Reconstruction, Rehabilitation, & Settlement Authority (PaRRSA). It also approved the establishment of Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) under a United States (US) agency. PDMA would be responsible for International Development (USAID) projects.