Islamabad: The Ministry for Planning, Development & Reforms has issued PKR 145.98 billion for being channelled into National Highway Authority (NHA) projects, reported a news source. The funds will be spent on several ongoing road development projects all over the country.
Out of the issued funds, PKR 160 million will be spent on construction of a 4-line bridge in DI Khan. PKR 200 million will be spent on construction of Easter Bypass in Lahore. While PKR 240 million will be utilized for construction of the Burhan-Hawalian Expressway.
The other division of funds is structured as follows:
- PKR 200 million for construction of Chitral Garam Chasma Road
- PKR 500 million for construction of Khanewal Expressway
- PKR 1 billion for Islamabad Metro Bus project
- PKR 500 million for Karakoram Highway
- PKR 16.26 billion for Lahore-Multan Motorway
- PKR 200 million for the two-lane Bisma-to-Khuzdar Highway
- PKR 120 million for Chitral Aiwan-e-Jamhooriat Road
- PKR 21.66 million for rehabilitation of the 2010 flood affectees
- PKR 700 million for Peshawar Northern Bypass
- PKR 200 million for NHA development sector programme
- PKR 600 million for construction of connecting roads for Lowari Tunnel
- PKR 600 million for construction of Islamabad-to-Raikot road section
- PKR 400 million for Lahore-Sialkot Motorway
- PKR 1.4 billion for up-gradation of Jaglot-Skardu Road
For more updates on these projects, stay tuned to Zameen News.