Bifold doors, commonly known as folding doors in Pakistan, are made up of two or often more than two door panels that open and close simultaneously for smooth operations. Due to their unique design, minimalistic look, and practicality, bifold doors have become one of the most popular interior designing trends in this modern era.
So, if you also want to install bifold doors in your home, then this post is meant for you. Here we’ll list down and discuss the three different types of folding doors in Pakistan as well as the major pros and cons of installing them in your home.
So, let’s get the ball rolling!
Most Popular Types of Folding Doors in Pakistan
The three most common types of folding doors used in Pakistani homes have been listed as under:
- Concertina Folding Doors
- Room Dividers
- Access Folding Doors
Concertina Folding Doors
Concertina doors are considered a popular choice among homeowners as they are widely used for built-in wardrobes and closets. Concertina folding doors are usually made of materials like PVC, timber wood, or aluminum. The panels in them are joined in the middle with the help of hinges.
You can easily tuck against the wall after folding them in the middle. With the installation of concertina doors on wardrobes and closets the amount of space required for the overall arrangement is dramatically reduced.
Closets with folding doors can also be a perfect choice for people living in small houses as well as apartment homes. To learn more about the best portable and space-saving furniture hacks, read this blog.
Room dividers are also among the most famous types of bifold doors in Pakistan They are can be suitably used for a variety of different applications. As the name suggests, the most practical and common use of room dividers is splitting up of living space into two separate sections.
They may be available with even and uneven door panels, depending on the requirement of your interior, and come in different materials. Wooden and PVC room dividers are quite popular these days. When fitted with glass, these sliding doors perfectly amp up the look of your home interior and are known as French doors in such an arrangement.
Pro Tip: Room dividers also work best for homes with open floor plans as they add up to the element of privacy and practicality of such spaces. We have also written a detailed comparative analysis of open vs. broken plans to help you pick the right floor plan option for your property.
Access Folding Doors
Usually installed in larger areas or homes with spacious arrangements, Access folding doors are used to make moving around a living space and between the room convenient. They can be installed as practical and aesthetically-pleasing alternatives to the standard doors used in homes internally.
Access doors can be easily fitted on either side of the inlet. You can configure it to open in any of your preferred directions, keeping in view your convenience and arrangements in your home.
Now that we have discussed all the main types of bifold doors in Pakistan, we’ll now take a look at the noteworthy benefits and drawbacks of installing folding doors in a home. So, here we go!
Pros and Cons of Installing Folding Doors in Your Home
Planning to install folding doors in your home? The pros and cons of installing bifold doors that we have discussed below will help you come up with a smart decision in this regard. Take a look
Pros of Installing Folding Doors in a Home
- Bifold doors can be easily installed in any living space arrangement. This makes these folding doors a highly viable option for modern homes, the dwellers of which prefer practicality.
- For those of you who prefer enjoying the fresh air and natural light, they can go with the option of installing folding doors. This is how they can also increase the energy efficiency of their living space. On a side note, here are some other practical tips to design an energy-efficient home.
- Modern billfold doors come equipped with finger-safe and anti-bump features, which importantly help avoid accidents. Such safety features are especially preferable for homeowners with small kids and toddlers running around. To learn more about childproofing your home, read this piece.
- Folding doors are extremely stylish, lightweight, and practical. Once you have picked up the right style and material, bifold doors can give your house a desirable contemporary look.
Cons of Installing Bifold Doors
- Bifold doors require more frames than standard doors. This often makes them a bit difficult to maintain.
- There is no threshold in folding doors, which means there will be an absence of a barrier between the two sections of your living space. Without the threshold, water and other types of fluids may easily get blown indoors, or in the worst-case scenarios, these gaps can be easy inlets for small rodents or other crawling insects. On a side note, here are some of the best DIY tips to get rid of pests in your home.
- Folding doors are definitely not cheap. In fact, one of the biggest cons of bifold doors is the installation cost. Even if you go the DIY way, the installation of folding doors is a tedious as well as extremely technical job with a whole lot of framing and glass involved.
Now that we have talked about the three most common types of folding doors in Pakistan and the major benefits and drawbacks of installing them, it’s time for us to wrap up. We hope this piece has provided you with all the relevant information. In case, you have any questions or suggestions related to our blog post, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Are you looking for the best real estate blogs in Pakistan? Want to connect to the top source of property blogs in Pakistan? Stay connected to Zameen Blog and share your favourite pieces with your friends and family. For the latest updates from our blog section, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter.