Have you recently invested in a house or a plot in Bahria Town and are a little confused about what to do next in order to acquire its ownership? Well, you’ve come to the right place because we are going to give you a step-by-step explanation of the property transfer procedure in Bahria Town.
When it comes to buying property in Lahore, Islamabad or Karachi, Bahria Town is that one project that appears to be equally popular among the investors in all three metropolises. Owned and developed by Bahria Town Group, these gated residential societies boast a modern infrastructure and secure environment. In fact, each of these communities is no less than a city within a city, offering affordable housing options along with world-class facilities to its residents.
Whether you’ve bought a house, plot or a shop, the property transfer process in Bahria Town is pretty simple. All projects of Bahria Town follow the same procedure, though the amount of transfer fee may differ depending on the type of property, its area size and most importantly, its location.
Once the buyer and seller agree upon the sale price of a property, a sale agreement is signed by both parties. The individual purchasing the property also pays an advance to the seller, which is locally known as ‘bayana’ as is also mentioned in the sale agreement. The remaining amount is generally paid on the transfer date upon the completion of the process.
Property Transfer Procedure in Bahria Town
Here is a breakdown of the property transfer process in Bahria Town.
List of Documents Required to Transfer Property in Bahria Town
Here are the documents required from both parties i.e. buyer and seller to complete the transfer process.
- Bahria Town allotment letter or transfer receipt (in case a letter was not issued)
- Two passport size photos of the buyer
- Two passport size photos of the seller
- Original CNICs of buyer and seller
- Copies of CNIC of both parties
- Copies of CNIC of buyer’s nominee (next of kin)
- Bahria Town NDC (No Demand Certificate)
- Clearance Certificate from Bahria Town Services (for houses, apartments and shops)
- Bank deposit receipt of the transfer fee
- Bank deposit receipt of any outstanding charges
- Transfer Set
A transfer set usually costs about PKR 800 to 1000 and includes the following:
- Duly filled Bahria Town property transfer form
- CNIC copies of the seller, buyer and nominees
- Affidavit by the seller on PKR 20 stamp paper
- Undertaking by the buyer on PKR 100 stamp paper
How to Apply for Bahria Town NDC?
NDC stands for No Demand Certificate. It contains the exact amount of transfer fee along with any other outstanding charges against the property in Bahria Town. The seller can apply for this document by simply filling a form available at the Customer Support Center.
It takes about 48 hours for the concerned department to issue the NDC, so whether you are applying for it yourself or through an estate agent, make sure to apply for it at least two days before the transfer date.
Once issued, the NDC is valid for 15 days.
What to Do on the Transfer Day?
Both parties have to appear at their concerned Bahria Town head office or customer care centre to complete the transfer process. Here is a list of steps the buyer and seller will have to take on the day of transfer.
- Buyer will deposit the transfer fee on the bank counter
- Seller will have clear overdue charges (if any)
- Take a token for the concerned counter from the token machine and wait for your turn
- Submit all documents on the counter
- Seller will first sign the required documents in front of the counter person
- Buyer will sign the required documents after the seller
- Both parties will be photographed at the spot.
- Two witnesses will also have sign the transfer papers
- The buyer then gives a pay order to the seller
- In case of a general transfer, the buyer will be issued transfer receipt
- It takes about 7 to 8 days for the buyer to receive an allotment letter
Here are the addresses and contact details of Bahria Town offices in each city. It is important to mention that not all transfers are done in the same office.
Bahria Town Islamabad: Head Office/Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Complex, Phase 8, Bahria Town, Rawalpindi
Contact: 051-111 333 888
Bahria Golf City: Customer Support Centre
Address: Murree Expressway, Golf City Bahria Town, Islamabad Capital Territory.
Contact: 051-2720010 – 11 | 051-2720020
Bahria Town Lahore: Customer Support Centre/ Site Office
Address: Bahria Orchard, Main Raiwind Road, Lahore
Contact: 042 111 333 888
Bahria Town Karachi: Customer Support Centre
Address: Bahria Town, Super Highway, Karachi.
Contact: 021-36161555 | 021-38636936
It is recommended to contact a customer service representative at your local office for more details about the process of property transfer in Bahria Town.
Meanwhile, here is a comprehensive comparison of Bahria Town Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi in terms of amenities, facilities, features, tourist attractions and real estate trends.
For those who are looking for investment opportunities in interior Sindh, you may want to take a look at Bahria Town Nawabshah, yet another state-of-the-art residential project by Bahria Town Developers.
Furthermore, you can also take a look at our detailed guide on how to sell your property in Pakistan. However, if you are looking to purchase a home, check out our step-by-step explanation of how to buy a house for the first time.
To learn more about the property transfer process in Pakistan, stay tuned to Zameen Blog, the top real estate and lifestyle blogin the country. You can also share your suggestions and questions with us on email@example.com. We also encourage you to subscribe to Zameen Newsletter to receive the latest updates about the property sector of Pakistan.