Lahore: Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director General (DG) Ahmad Aziz Tarar presided over a meeting the Planning and Design Wing held to assess the ongoing projects in the city and approved an area development project for the land situated on Raiwind Road, the official Facebook page of the authority reported.
Read: LDA to amend building and zoning rules to include area development projects
Chief Metropolitan Planner Syed Nadeem Akhtar Zaidi and Chief Town Planner Tariq Mahmood, Director Town Planning Ali Nusrat, Salman Mahfooz, Shafqat Niaz Kang, and other concerned officers attended the meeting.
Some of the important issues discussed during the meeting were as follows:
- The commencement of an area development project on land located on Raiwind Road.
- Permission was granted for the conversion of a building on Raiwind Road into a school.
- The decision was made to forward the case regarding the establishment of an industrial zone in Model Town to the LDA Governing Body.
- The DG recommended the protection of agricultural land designated in the master plan.
- The DG also asked that the LDA officers make suggestions regarding the development of the city’s master plan and instructed them to make every effort to ensure its completion