Multan: In order to improve the economic condition of people hard-hit by the post-Coronavirus lockdown , Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat has shared its demands with the provincial government, according to a news source. As per the publication, the forum issued a combined statement – approved by its senior members – and requested immediate imposition to help avoid bigger losses.
A meeting in this regard was held on Thursday (April 9) under Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat President Mian Fazal Ilahi Sheikh’s supervision. The meeting members discussed the problems faced by the business community amid the lockdown and finalised the following list:
- The State Bank of Pakistan should offer interest-free loans to industrialist for paying salaries to their employees – repayment of the loan will be in installments of 18-months starting next year
- There should not be any further extension in the lockdown period
- Markup on loans issued earlier be postponed for one year
- Fines imposed on late payments of electricity bills be waived off
- All businesses, manufacturers, traders and retailers be opened with complete supply chain arrangements in place
- Special COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) should be issued for each sector
- All markets and business be allowed to operate between 10 AM and 4 PM.