Faisalabad: The Faisalabad Development Authority (FDA) has announced its decision to launch 10 development projects, which will include the construction of roads and streets in the city, under the government’s Sustainable Development Programme, a news source reported. As per the publication, these initiatives will cost a total of PKR 85.234 million.
FDA Director-General Muhammad Suhail Khawaja expressed his views on the matter during a meeting held to review the progress on the programme. Other senior officials of the civic body, including Chief Engineer Shahid Mehmood, FDA Additional Director Amer Aziz, and Deputy Director Administration Yasir Ijaz Chatta, were also present on the occasion.
According to officials, the development authority provided its approval to the allocation of:
- PKR 17.89 million funds for the development of carpet road in Peoples Colony
- PKR 7.73 million for the carpeting of roads in Muhallah Kalasan
- PKR 14.77 million funds for the development the road of Yasrib Colony
- PKR 3.889 million for the road of Naimat Town
- PKR 13.60 million for the roads of Alfayaz Colony, Kareem Town, and Shahzad Colony
- PKR 3.6 million for the construction of streets in Nasir Nagar, Yunas Nagar, and Risala No. 15
- PKR 11.81 million for the road of Dastgeerpura Colony
- PKR 11.99 million funds for the road of Chaman Zar Colony
Chief Engineer Shahid Mehmood informed the meeting that the schemes were tendered and would be completed within four months.