Gujranwala: Plans for a dry port in Gujranwala have been finalised, according to a new report. The project will be worth PKR 1 billion, and 200 shareholders have already submitted their applications for it. Approval has also been granted for separate railway lines for the port.
The dry port will be established on land spanning 25 acres near Ghaggar Mandi. Earlier, an agreement had been reached between Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce and National Logistics Cell (NLC) according to which 70% of the expenses and profits will go to NLC, while the Chamber of Commerce will get the remaining 30%. All gains made on transportation will also go to the Chamber of Commerce.