Lahore: The Punjab government has agreed to the conditional reopening of salons, gymnasiums, barbershops, and health clubs in the province, a news source reported. In this regard, the Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department (PSHD) stated that these outlets would be required to abide by a set of anti-COVID SOPs and guidelines for continued operation.
To this effect, PSHD Secretary Captain (retd) Muhammad Usman has issued the following notifications:
- Health clubs and gyms are to ensure hand hygiene at their premises. For this purpose, they must provide soap and hand sanitizers to their patrons.
- Gym staff and members are to wear face masks at all times
- Gyms are allowed to cater to only 50% of their total members at one time
- Health club managements are to ensure hygiene of workout equipment by washing it with detergent frequently
- Beauty parlours and salons are allowed only one customer at a time. Customers can wait 15 minutes at maximum within waiting area. The outlets must schedule customers through telephone calls and ask them to cover their faces
- All metallic tools and instruments are to be disinfected with alcohol-based disinfectants and the use of chlorine is to be avoided due to its corrosive properties that damages tools
- Barbershops and salons must use disposable sponges, foams, and other porous tools, and discard these after single use