DHA City, Karachi, (DCK) is an under-construction residential project under the administration of Defence Housing Authority (DHA), which was launched in 2009. It is located on the Main Super Highway, on the outskirts of Karachi, about 56 km away from the city’s center.
Spread over an area of 20,000 acres and divided into 16 sectors, DHA City, Karachi, claims to be the country’s first-ever sustainable smart and green city. To address the issue of power shortage, which is one of the many woes Karachiites have to face almost every day, a state-of-the-art solar energy park is being constructed to provide an uninterrupted supply of electricity and to make the project a green one.
Let us take a detailed look at the residential project, where it is located, the numerous facilities and amenities it boasts to have and what sets it apart from others.
Location of DHA City, Karachi
Situated away from the city, DHA City, Karachi, is close to M-9 Motorway, which is only 2.1 km away from DHA City’s main gate. It is 20 km away from the Toll Plaza. Well-developed housing societies like Bahria Town, Karachi, is a 38-minute drive away. Apart from DHA City’s own theme parks, the residents of DHA City will have access to numerous amenities provided by Bahria Town such as The Day and Night Zoo (DANZOO) and Bahria Adventure Land, which are good places to visit with families.
Malir Motorway will be one of the main roads connecting DHA City with the main city. Once the project is constructed, it will reduce the travel time between DHA and DHA City. It usually takes an hour-long drive, which will be reduced to 20 minutes.
Salient Features of DHA City, Karachi
The main features of DHA City, Karachi that attract investors are as follows:
- The first-ever green and sustainable city of Pakistan
- Houses are designed in a way that it provides easy access to markets, shops and places of worship
- The construction work has already kicked off. A sports hub, theme parks, and a healthcare city are all in the layout plan
- For every area of 250 families, a dedicated 400-yard market space will be allocated so that residents don’t have to travel to far off places to get household items of daily use.
- A grand mosque is expected to be built in DHA City, Karachi, which will house around 1000 worshipers
- 105 acres of land has been reserved especially for healthcare facilities, where renowned hospitals will open their branches to meet the ever-growing health needs of the people. Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital will also be built in DHA City, Karachi. The Dow University of Health and Sciences has been established in Sector 3, DHA City.
- To address the problem of power shortage and load shedding, an uninterrupted power supply will be provided with the help of a solar energy park, which is spread over an area of 64 acres of land. A pilot project of 1.1 MW has been initiated to provide electricity to some important buildings in DCK.
- A Knowledge Park will be built comprising many notable educational institutions. A DCK College and DCK Suffa University will also be built here. It is expected that a National Centre of Research Innovation and Entrepreneurship (NCRIE) will be constructed within the society to boost entrepreneurial skills in the youth. Moreover, the Institute of Business Administration (IBA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with DCK.
- Development work is going at a fast pace and DHA City Sector 3 is fully developed and operational, where a kindergarten and a junior school are imparting quality education. It is expected that The City School will also open up a branch in this sector.
- DHA City has devised an extensive transportation plan to facilitate residents. It comprises trams, modern buses and different pedestrian bridges. The groundbreaking ceremony of DCK Interchange M-9 Project was held on July 9, 2018, and as per the latest updates on DHA City, Karachi, the interchange is expected to be inaugurated in February 2020
Latest Updates on DHA City Karachi
As per the latest updates on DHA City, Karachi, the owners of villas in Sector 3, have been given keys for their residential units. The development work in Sectors 2, 5, 7 began in November 2019 and now Sectors 13 and 14 are also being developed at a fast pace, which has further enhanced the interest of investors into the project.
There are various plots up for sale in sector 14, DHA City. Sector 14 is further subdivided into 4 sectors: 14-A, 14-B, 14-C and 14-D. In 14-A and B sub-sectors, there are 125 sq yd plots available, whereas in 14-C and D, 500 sq yd plots are available. The minimum plot size available in DHA City is of 200 sq yd and only sectors 14-A and B are offering 125 sq yd plots for sale. The 14-A and B plots are located on the city’s main boulevard and are directly connected to the M-9 motorway.
In Sector 13, the roads and infrastructure have been developed and is located on the main boulevard of DHA City. It is divided into 6 sub-sectors: 13-A, 13-B, 13-C, 13-D, 13 E and 13-F. In 13-A, B and C, there are 200 sq yd plots available, whereas in 13-D and E, there are 500 sq yd plots available and in 13-F there are 300 sq yd plots up for sale. Because of limited availability of plots, these sectors are always in high demand.
DHA City, Karachi, not only has various residential units but it also boasts to have fully developed farmhouses. The balloting of DHA to allocate numbers against DHA Oasis Farm Houses Phase I was held on November 24, 2019.
Let us now discuss the various investment options in DHA City, Karachi and their prices.
Property Prices in DHA City, Karachi
As mentioned above, all 125 sq yd plots up for sale in DHA City are in Sectors 14 A and B, with a starting price of PKR 22 lakh. The starting price of a 200 sq yd plot in DHA City is PKR 28 lakh. You can buy a plot of 500 sq yds in DHA City anywhere between PKR 46.5 lakh to PKR 2 crore.
Also up for sale are farmhouses, which are quite popular as far as property options are concerned. You can buy a farmhouse in DHA City for as low as PKR 25 lakh to as high as 7 crore. With this bit of information, we shall now conclude our analysis of buying property in DHA City, Karachi.
If you are an investor looking for investment opportunities in Lahore, then do check out our analysis on most popular areas to buy property in Lake City, Lahore. For more information, stay tuned to the best real estate blog in Pakistan. Don’t forget to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.