In this Post:
Quick Facts About Kashmir Highway Islamabad
About Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway)
Major Junctions & Interchanges
Features of Shahrah-e-Srinagar, Islamabad
Properties Investment Opportunities
Latest Updates on Srinagar Highway, Islamabad
Update (8th Jan 2020): Government is planning to beautify the 25-kilometre long Srinagar Highway (formerly known as Kashmir Highway) by equipping it with evergreen flowering plants. Preparation work on flower beds has already begun. The development work on the expressway is being carried out under the banner of the Clean and Green Pakistan Programme. According to the latest updates, this on-going project also focuses on road safety measures, along with earthworks and plantation of grass.
Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, is a very important part of the robust infrastructure of the capital city. This major road link connects east and west sections of the metropolis. This route also serves as a signal-free corridor to the Islamabad International Airport.
As per the latest updates on Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, it has been recently renamed as Srinagar Highway. This move has been taken by the government to honour the struggles of people living in the valley of Jammu Kashmir.
So, if you want to learn more about this major artery of Islamabad, then we’ve got you covered. In this post, we are going to take a look at some interesting facts about Srinagar Highway and explore the top neighbourhoods nearby and property investment opportunities located in them.
Let’s get started!
Quick Facts About Kashmir Highway, Islamabad
Some quick facts about Kashmir Highway, Islamabad have been highlighted in the illustration below:
More About Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway)
Stretching 25 kilometres (16 miles), Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway) is a multi-lane two-way expressway in the capital city. The beauty of this very important road link of Islamabad is amplified by the greenbelts running along the entire route. Locally, it can also be termed as Shahrah-e-Srinagar.
Srinagar Highway, Islamabad runs through the heart of the city and has some major junctions and intersections on it. On its west end, it is directly linked to Islamabad International Airport. On the other hand, the east end of Srinagar Highway, Islamabad is connected with Murree Road interchange. This makes it one of the most important roads in Islamabad that can be used for intercity travelling.
Major Junctions and Intersections on Shahrah-e-Srinagar, Islamabad
The route of Shahrah-e-Srinagar, Islamabad is prominently linked with some of the city’s major road links and landmarks in the form of different junctions and intersections. Here we have listed down some of the most important ones among them. Have a look:
- Airport Interchange: Connected with Islamabad International Airport
- Murree Road Interchange: Linked with Murree Road (also known as Benazir Bhutto Road)
- Serena Hotel Intersection: Connects you to Serena Hotel, Diplomatic Enclave, and Club Road
- Seventh Avenue Intersection: Connected with Seventh Avenue and Garden Avenue
- Zero Point Interchange: Linked with Faisal Avenue, Faisal Mosque, Blue Area and Islamabad Expressway
- Peshawar Morr Exchange: In proximity to Sector E8 and E9, Margalla Road and 9th Avenue
- GT Road Interchange: Links you to N-5 National Highway. The route is suitable for intercity travelling and is connected with Rawalpindi, Taxila, and Lahore.
Significant Features of Srinagar Highway in Islamabad
Some of the significant features of Srinagar Highway in Islamabad have been listed as under:
- One of the longest and most important roads in Islamabad
- The entire route is marked by navigational signboards
- CCTV camera surveillance and police patrolling on the expressway for security purposes
- Traffic on Srinagar Highway is managed by Islamabad Traffic Police
- The security of this highway is looked after by the Capital Territory Police
- Presence of Islamabad Metrobus Station for public transportation
- Directly linked with Shakar Parian, Islamabad. The place is famous for the Pakistan Monument
- In proximity to educational institutions like Allama Iqbal Open University and National Institute of Science and Technology
- Among the key expressways in Islamabad, which is connected with the city’s top neighbourhoods
- The route of Srinagar Highway, Islamabad cuts travel time to the airport from the main city from hours to minutes
Quick Fact: As discussed, Kashmir Highway has been recently renamed ‘Srinagar Highway’. It has become one of the biggest highlights of this road link. Kashmir Highway was renamed on Youm-e-Istehsal, an event to show solidarity with Kashmiri people
If you’re interested in property investment in Islamabad, then you may want to take a look at the next section of our blog.
Properties for Sale on Kashmir Highway, Islamabad
As discussed, some of the most sought-after neighbourhoods in the capital city are located along Srinagar Highway. So, if you are looking for properties for sale on Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, then here is a list of some of the city’s most popular neighbourhoods connected to it
For those of you who are mulling property investment in Islamabad, we have listed the price range of properties located on Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway) for each of the available property types:
- Plots for Sale on Kashmir Highway: Range from PKR 30 lakh to PKR 15 crore
- Houses for Sale on Kashmir Highway: Range between PKR 4 crore to PKR 28 crore
- Flats for Sale on Kashmir Highway: Ranges from PKR 50 lakh to PKR 3.6 crore
Out of the above-given property types, the category of plots for sale on Kashmir Highway has the most available property options. It is because of the emergence of many new upscale real estate projects in the area.
As per the latest updates on Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, most of these new societies are still in the initial phase of development. This leaves property buyers with more choices in terms of vacant land than readily-built houses or apartments.
On the other hand, whether you’re looking for plots, flats, or houses for sale on Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway), you can desirably take a look at our detailed overview of Airport Green Garden, Islamabad.
It is one of the newest real estate projects in the city. The up-and-coming neighbourhood is planned with state-of-the-art features and offers different property options based on plots, houses, and flats.
Note: As a property investor in the capital metropolis, you may also like to read our blog on the extension project of Blue Area, Islamabad. It is also among noteworthy developments in the capital city featuring both commercial and residential properties.
Here we wrap our blog post detailing Kashmir Highway (Srinagar Highway), Islamabad. We hope this guide will help you easily get around this very important road link in the capital city.
If you still want to ask any questions or give us feedback about our blog, feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to assist you.
On a side note, if you’re interested in exploring other top neighbourhoods in the capital city, you can navigate to our area guide section for Islamabad. Read this blog if you want to learn about all the latest infrastructure developments in the capital city.
Keep a track of all the latest construction projects and property developments taking place around Pakistan by following Zameen Blogs. To make sure, you’re not missing out on any of our latest updates, subscribe to our e-newsletter.