Having a secondary source of income is always a good way to manage your finances. Depending on your expenses, it may also help you increase your saving, giving you greater freedom to follow your dreams. So, if you are also on the hunt for a doable side hustle to increase your income without quitting your day job, this blog is for you. Here we have rounded up 39 business ideas in Pakistan that are best suitable for small-scale investors.
39 Best Small Business Ideas in Pakistan to Start in 2023
Now, without further ado, let’s begin with our list of the best startup ideas for 2023.
|Business Ideas||Profit Margin||Investment Risk||Required Skills|
|Real estate Investment||Good||Medium||Know-how of the industry|
|Restaurant/Coffee Shop||Good||Medium||Experience in a similar field|
|Digital Marketing Services||Good||Low||Online marketing skills|
|Print-on-demand t-shirts||Good||Low||Not necessary|
|Fish Farming||Mediocre||High||Knowledge about fishing industry|
|Urban Farming||Good||High||Know-how about plant species|
|Poultry Farming||Good||Medium||Knowledge about poultry animals|
|Beauty Salon||Mediocre||High||Expertise of a beautician|
|Publish an E-book||Mediocre||Low||Research and creative writing skills|
|Offer Online Courses||Good||Low||Online tutoring expertise|
|Graphic Designing||Good||Low||Knowlege of art and latest designing tools|
|E-commerce Store||Good||Low||Website and Social Media marketing skills|
|Blogging||Good||Low||Research and creative writing skills|
|Vlogging||Good||Low||Video making and editing skills|
|Catering||Good||Medium||Know-how of cooking and event management|
|Photography||Good||Low||Photography and picture editing skills|
|Food cart||Mediocre||Low||Food business management and marketing skills|
|Freelancing||Good||Low||Know-how of the digital media|
|Travel Agent||Good||Medium||Passion and knowlege of travelling|
|Organic Beauty Products||Mediocre||Low||Know-how about skincare and cosmetics|
|Set up a Co-working Space||Good||Medium||Business knowledge|
|Collect antique items||Mediocre||Medium||Knowledge of antiques|
|Online Clothing Store||Good||Medium||Knowledge of Latest Fashion Trends|
|Sell Mobile Accessories Online||Mediocre||Low||Know-how of smart tools and gadgets|
|Set up a Co-living Space||Good||High||Attractive location and knowledge of real estate|
|Car Pooling||Good||Low||Driving and communication skills|
|Become an Online Gym Instructor||Mediocre||Low||Knowledge of exercising, balanced diet and fitness|
|Vacation rentals||Good||High||Hospitality and management knowledge|
|Start a Home Chef Business||Good||Low||Knowledge of cooking and online marketing|
|Sell Handcrafted Items||Mediocre||Low||Good handcrafting skills|
|Babysitting services||Mediocre||Low||Handling toddlers and young children safely|
|Yoga classes||Mediocre||Low||Knowledge of yoga and fitness|
|Virtual Event Planner||Moderate||Low||Event management and communication skills|
|Become a Real Estate Agent||Good||Low||Real estate knowlege and brokering skills|
|Local Grocery Store||Mediocre||High||Knowledge of FMCGs and business skills|
|Kiosk at a Shopping Mall||Mediocre||Medium||Good location and trading skills|
|Logistics Company||Good||High||Know-how of the logistics industry|
|Website and App Development||Good||Medium||Website and app design and development skills|
- Real Estate Investment
Real estate market is touted as one of the most lucrative investment avenues in Pakistan — and rightly so. The value of properties in many major cities across the city has sky-rocketed in recent years. Those who have invested in credible and well-located projects have already set their eyes on short-term and long-term capital gains.
If you go for the projects marketed and sold by Zameen.com, Pakistan’s most trusted property portal, your investment will definitely be 100% safe. Also, you will get to enjoy high returns on investment in the foreseeable future.
Expected Returns on Lucrative Real Estate Projects
Keeping in view the upward price trends, real estate investors can enjoy up to 60-70% capital gains and a rental yield of around 7-8%. If you want to learn more about the ROI and rental yield in real estate, check out these blogs.
Availability of Easy Monthly Instalments
Have a limited amount to spend in one go? Don’t worry! Real estate investment opportunities brought to you by Zameen.com mostly come with flexible payment options.
Check out properties for sale in Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad if you desire to buy an already-constructed unit. If you like investing in older constructions, you can also buy a property and renovate or remodel it. However, before making any decision, take a look at the latest construction material prices in Pakistan.
Can you start dropshipping in Pakistan? Well, the answer to this question is a definitive yes. In fact, it is one of the best low-cost business ideas in Pakistan that doesn’t require large up-front capital. You can easily run and manage a dropshipping business in your spare time.
Now, let’s find out how to set up a dropshipping business in Pakistan
Here’s How Dropshipping Business Works
With a dropshipping business model, you can easily run your entire business from your laptop. The only thing that needs a lot of research is identifying the top-selling products.
Everything becomes easy once you are done with that step. You can fetch the required products, use affiliate marketing to promote your products, ship orders, and offer customer support. You can manage all these business operations while sitting on your couch.
- Restaurant/Coffee Shop
Pakistan is a country of foodies. In many cities around the country, the best outing spots for families are usually local restaurants and coffee shops. It is not necessary to open a fancy eatery or cafe to make it successful.
How to Set Up a Restaurant or a Coffee Shop
- You need to focus on three things: good taste, excellent customer service and competitive pricing.
- Spot a good location with high foot traffic, probably in a commercial centre or a business district for your setup.
- You may also find people selling restaurant equipment online these days. Buying slightly used equipment would help you save some money.
- Make sure your menu is visible to people passing by. It is a good way to attract customers.
- Along with using different means of marketing, collaborate with food delivery companies.
- Digital Marketing Services
Offering digital marketing services is probably the best business idea in Pakistan for online marketing enthusiasts. You can use platforms like social media or a website to market your product and services. A lot of startups in Pakistan are now offering digital marketing solutions and have both local and international clients.
How to Set Up a Digital Marketing Company in Pakistan
- Get familiar with the latest technology trends and marketing tools.
- Map out the services you are offering and hire sources accordingly.
- If you are not willing to invest in a physical office, set up a team remotely.
- Once you are done setting up your digital marketing business, identify your target market.
- Don’t limit yourself to digital marketing, try to offer your customers conventional marketing solutions as well.
- Print-On-Demand T-Shirts
If you are looking for a low-cost startup idea in 2023, then get started with the print-on-demand t-shirt business. It is another form of dropshipping business model. However, in this business, your focus should be on customizing products as per your customers’ requests.
Along with t-shirts, you can also sell caps, smartphone cases, hoodies, tote bags, and other types of accessories. Using memes and witty slogans on your products would be a good way to attract new customers, especially teenagers.
How to Start Your Print-On-Demand T-Shirt Business in Pakistan
- First of all, you’ll need a graphic designer. If your design skills are good, you wouldn’t need one. Otherwise, you’d need to hire one. Check for platforms like Fiverr, Upwork and LinkedIn.
- Buy plain t-shirts in bulk quantities. It would be cheaper and result in more profit.
- Make sure the fabric of your t-shirts is good. It is important for your brand’s credibility.
- Use platforms like Facebook, Instagram and other online marketplaces to market and sell your products.
- Fish Farming
According to a recent survey, fish farming is among the fast-growing food production segments in the world. As the name suggests, it is the process of breeding and raising marine animals commercially. Let’s show you how this business model works.
How to Start Fish Farming in Pakistan
- Identify the right type of fish and other edible aquatic species.
- Keep in mind the preferences and choices of your target market.
- Dig a pond if you have soil around your home or arrange water containers.
- Other equipment you’ll need include water pumps, fish graders, aeration devices, and water testing tools, among other things.
- Also, keep in mind that seafood in Pakistan is best sold in winter, so harvest accordingly.
- Urban Farming
Urban farming is a great low-investment business in Pakistan. You can set up an urban farm in your backyard, lawn or terrace or any other outdoor space. Once you’ve grown your own fruits and vegetables, you can eat them or sell them at a local store. With consistent farming habits, you can turn it into a profitable business, specializing in any particular local produce.
How to Set Up an Urban Farm in Pakistan
- Dedicate an outdoor space, which is properly landscaped and not infected with pests.
- Use pesticides if necessary before setting up your organic garden.
- Select fruits and vegetables for harvesting that can grow well in your region.
- Take urban farming workshops, if possible, to properly take care of your harvest.
- Make sure to plant some flowers to attract pollinating bees that naturally improve the quality of your crops.
- Poultry Farming
Counted among the most popular small business ideas in Pakistan, poultry farming is an integral part of our agriculture sector. It employs more than 1.5 million people in the country. A poultry farming business can be about chicken breeding/hatchery or meat production. However, setting up a hatchery business is more convenient than meat production.
How to Start a Poultry Farming Business in Pakistan
- Once you have decided on the type of poultry farming business, you need to look for the necessary resources.
- Set up a suitable environment for the animals where they’ll be living and breeding.
- You’ll have to buy livestock and take care of their feed.
- Make sure to get your chickens vaccinated to protect them from seasonal viruses and diseases.
- Maintain ideal temperatures if you want your livestock to thrive.
- Beauty Salon
Setting up a beauty salon requires more capital than many other startup ideas in Pakistan. To make your salon business a profitable stream of income, you should have good beautician and communication skills. Hire experienced staff members. Train them, if necessary. Depending on your PR, you can also ask online influencers and internet celebrities to market your salon. In return, you can offer them free services.
Things You Need to Set Up a Beauty Salon
- The very first thing you need is a work permit and authorization from the local authorities for opening up a salon.
- Start with a few basic services if you have a limited budget.
- Once your business starts getting customers, you can then expand your service menu to attract a wider audience.
- Do a survey of other salon businesses in your area and make sure to offer services at competitive rates.
- Have interior arrangements and invest in the right salon equipment.
- Distribute pamphlets, brochures and use social media to market your business.
- Publish an E-book
If you have good creative writing and research skills, you can use them to publish your very own eBook. It is far easier and cheaper than publishing a physical copy. It is also among the best online business ideas in Pakistan.
How to Publish Your E-Book in Pakistan
E-book publishing has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry. You can also benefit from it while living in Pakistan. The process is very simple and elaborated below:
- First of all, select your niche and identify your target audience.
- Pick a topic (either fiction or non-fiction) that’ll help your book stand out.
- Take as much time as you need to write and edit your book.
- While putting it up on an online store like Amazon or other similar platforms, write a description that catches the attention of online users.
- Make sure to upload a nice cover for your eBook.
- If your book gets successful, you can earn up to $1000 per month.
- Offer Online Courses
Do you have skills and expertise in any particular field? If yes, then all you need is online tutoring skills to start earning money. You can use platforms like Skype, Google Meets or any other similar live chat portals to offer online classes. For notes and other course materials, you can create files in PDF format.
How to Start Online Tutoring Business in Pakistan
- The best part about online tutoring is that you don’t need any particular degree or level of education.
- Use word of mouth, social media groups, paid online marketing and classified ads to promote your business.
- Make sure the knowledge you are conveying is actually helping people.
- It would be good to become an affiliate of a recognised university or an online education platform.
- Giving certifications and accreditation will increase the level of credibility of your tutoring business.
- Graphic Designing
With some knowledge of art and the internet, you can easily learn graphic designing. There are many free and paid courses available these days. For free courses, you can simply check YouTube. Channels like GFXMentor would be a great source of learning for you.
On the other hand, with paid courses, you can easily get certifications upon completion. It would be a plus, but you need to have really good skills. Once you have attracted a few clients, you can turn it into a fully-fledged business by hiring more resources. It is one of the best online business ideas in Pakistan with a small investment.
To upload your portfolio online, you can use world-famous platforms like Behance and Dribble for free. Having a good portfolio would be a great way to start things for a graphic artist and designer.
- E-commerce Website
Do you want to run your own store but don’t have the resources and budget to set it up physically? Don’t worry. Everything is possible in the online world. There are many e-commerce websites nowadays that are earning well. You can set it up too.
The only major investment in the entire business model would be the creation of a website. However, you can manage your stock in the later phase as per the demand.
How to Start an E-commerce Business in Pakistan
- The process is very simple. Create a website using the most popular e-commerce web development platforms, such as WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.
- You can either focus on single or multiple categories of products on your website. It would certainly impact the business model of your business.
- There are many courier companies or ride-sharing companies that can be contacted to arrange deliveries.
- To market your business, you can use brochures, online ads, Facebook groups and other social media platforms. The way you promote your e-commerce website depends on the nature of your business.
It is another great online business idea for people with good writing skills. There are many different online blogging platforms like WordPress.org or Google’s Blogger. Using such online portals will help you get started for free. Many bloggers these days are using affiliate marketing tactics to earn money.
Useful Tips to Start Blogging
- The aforementioned free blogging platforms will help you create a blog and get started.
- You need to focus on your niche and come up with enticing topics to attract the online audience.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and marketing is very important for a blogger.
- Once you have pulled enough readers, dedicated followers and subscribers, you can start focusing on affiliate marketing.
- A successful blogger can earn anywhere between $1000-2000 a month.
Vlogging is another form of blogging. The only difference is that you’ll be using videos instead of text to reach out to your desired audience. Vlogging needs more skills and effort. You need to be good at making video scripts, capturing videos and editing them later. The more interesting your video is, the more it’ll attract viewers.
The most popular platform used by vloggers today is YouTube. It is free to use and you can post any content you want, in line with YouTube policies for published content. Make sure not to copy videos from other channels or repost them. The last thing you would want on your YouTube channel is a copyright strike. If your channel is running successfully on YouTube, you can earn between $750-1500 a month.
Food catering is also one of the most popular business models in Pakistan. The main thing that works in the catering business is public relations. You can start by serving in private gatherings and small events.
Once your venture has established a good reputation, you can extend your services to catering corporate parties and popular events. To market your business, you can use platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Word of mouth would also make a big difference in terms of promoting your catering services.
How to Start Catering Business in Pakistan
- You need to have cooking and communication expertise to start a catering business.
- Along with these basic skills, you also need a space for your setup. A kitchen, an office and probably a storage space would work.
- You can also outsource different catering equipment, if need be.
- It would be good to only make necessary investments at the beginning and try not to splurge.
- If your catering services start getting famous, consider expanding to attract a wider audience.
Photography is probably the best business idea in Pakistan for people with photography and editing skills. This business also works best for those with good PR. However, you can always create and upload a portfolio on social media and relevant websites. This will help you showcase your work to your potential clients.
How to Start Photography Business in Pakistan
- All you need is a good professional camera and the latest editing software. Due to such minimal requirements, it is considered one of the best small business ideas in Pakistan.
- You can be a freelance photographer at the beginning. Once you have enough experience and a customer base, you can set up a studio.
- A person with good photography skills and experience can earn up to PKR 60,000 a month.
- Food Cart
Don’t have a budget to open a restaurant? Fret not. You can go for the option of a food cart or a food truck. The most basic type of business model in this regard is a fries cart. However, in recent years, the concept of street food and food carts has become very popular.
Food kiosks and trucks have become an important part of street culture around the world. Even in Pakistan, you’ll see them in popular markets and commercial districts of big cities like Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. So, setting up a food cart is a thriving business idea, if properly executed.
Ever since the emergence of high-speed internet and mobile technologies, freelancing in Pakistan is booming. If you want to be a freelancer and work for your clients remotely, you should develop a certain set of skills. For example, you can be a writer graphic designer, web developer or digital marketing expert.
How to Start Freelancing Business in Pakistan
- To get things started, you need a laptop/PC and a stable internet connection.
- Set up an account on Fiverr, Freelancer, Upwork or any other popular freelancing platform.
- You can also use Facebook groups to tell people about your services.
- Spread the word in your social circle along with your portfolio to make an impact.
- Create and follow a proper schedule to manage freelancing gigs with your day job.
- Travel Agent
Are you passionate about travelling? Becoming a travel agent would be a great low-risk business idea for you. You can help people with ticketing processes, visa applications and tours. Having knowledge and expertise about travelling to different countries would be a major plus.
Travel agencies in Pakistan also offer Haj and Umrah packages and guidance. You can also become an affiliate of an immigration consultancy. The scope of this business is pretty vast in the country.
How to Set Up a Travel Agency Business in Pakistan
- To run a tourism business in Pakistan, you need to get a travel agency license first.
- Once you are all set to open a travel agency legally, you need to focus on the list of services you will offer.
- You can run your business alone but it would be great to have a collaborator. Like other public dealing businesses, the success of a tourism agency also greatly relies on PR.
- Have an active social media presence and keep updating your audience with new pictures and videos of their desired destinations.
- Offer all-in-one travel packages at competitive prices to attract more customers, especially during peak tourism seasons.
- Organic Beauty Products
If you have an interest in dermatology and skin care items, then selling organic beauty products would be an ideal side hustle for you. To start off as an organic skincare entrepreneur on the right foot, make sure to do your research thoroughly. Learn about the skincare and dermatological problems of your target audience, so you can offer them products accordingly.
It is important for you to hone your organic formulation skills. Do product testing to find out more about their potential outcomes before offering them to your customer. To make your venture a success, spread the word. Try to grow your following on social media organically and via marketing. You can also collaborate with internet celebrities and influencers to promote your business.
- Set Up a Co-working Space
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the world around us. It has significantly impacted our work-life balance. Remote working has become a common thing and many companies are now hiring employees who work for them remotely.
This has made setting up a co-working space a pretty lucrative business idea in Pakistan. You can either buy or rent out a commercial unit to set up a co-working space. Even if you have a few spare workstations in your office, you can turn them into a co-working space.
How to Open a Co-working Space in Pakistan
- First of all, look for a suitable location to start your venture.
- Come up with a fully-equipped setup, if there is enough space.
- Have meeting rooms, conference halls, cubicles and separate offices.
- Make sure to install a vending machine, water dispenser and coffee machine.
- Including a separate cafeteria and a game room would be a plus.
- Collect Antique Items
Many people have a passion for gathering antique handicrafts and artefacts and storing them as a collection. If you also have a similar passion, you can transform it into a profitable business. Antique collectibles may be worth a lot of money because they are a part of human history.
You can buy or collect antique items and sell them to enthusiasts at higher prices. It is one of the most feasible low-cost business ideas in Pakistan. Once you have figured out a way to find the right items, you can also start an antique store.
By selling a single unique artefact to the right buyer, you can easily make thousands of rupees. It could be a very lucrative business for people with the know-how of antiques. Use platforms like Facebook and Instagram to get the attention of a wider audience.
- Online Clothing Store
Selling apparel is one of the most popular eCommerce niches. In fact, it is also among the best low-investment business ideas in Pakistan. Depending on your budget, you can create your own label or go for selling items from other popular clothing brands. You can easily grow your clothing business by offering special discounts and offers to new customers and referrals.
How to Start Online Clothing Business in Pakistan
- Before starting your business, it’s a great step to carry out a competitive analysis of your target market.
- Select the clothing items and accessories according to your research.
- If you are selling items from other clothing brands, make sure you have obtained their consent.
- You can simply put up your entire online shop on Facebook and link it with your page.
- It would also be a good idea to use platforms like Instagram and WhatsApp to connect with your customers.
- Offer refund and exchange policies for valid reasons to increase the credibility of your store.
- Sell Mobile Accessories
Moblie accessories are among the most selling items on the internet these days. To set up an online mobile accessory store, no hefty investment is required. You can sell them on different marketplaces like the ones available on OLX.com and Facebook.com. Make sure the accessories you are selling at your store are in demand if you want to generate profit.
How to Start Online Mobile Accessory Business in Pakistan
- With just a few accessories and a free online marketplace, you can start your venture and test things out. It is one of the best online business ideas in Pakistan with small investment.
- Don’t limit the availability of your products to one platform. Put them on OLX and Facebook marketplaces simultaneously and also create a Facebook page under your brand’s name.
- Pick a catchy brand and logo along with a tagline to highlight your business among netizens.
- Once your business has enough customer base, you can start expanding your product offerings. Include gadgets along with accessories.
- Set up a Co-living Space
With constantly increasing property rents, the concept of co-living spaces is also on the rise in Pakistan. These accommodations are ideal for students, expats and working professionals. Co-living spaces usually offer separate and shared accommodations. An ideal co-living space should include all basic facilities.
To set up a co-living space, find a property located in business centres and commercial districts. Such areas usually have educational institutions and corporate enclaves, which means more potential walk-in customers. For the convenience of the residents, you can also offer add-on amenities like a WiFi connection, activity area, gymnasium, etc.
- Car Pooling
When your car is a 5- or 7-seater vehicle, why go to the office alone? Why not start generating profit from your driving skills? In this era of mobile devices, carpooling has become more convenient than ever before.
Amid rising inflation, fuel saving has become crucial and carpooling is the best way to do it, not for you but also for others around you. You can also start a pick-and-drop service if you have spare time, helping people with their commuting needs. It would be a good source of a second income.
How to Start Car Pooling Business in Pakistan
- Start by spreading the word in your social circle that you want to carpool.
- It would be good to offer your services to people who share the same route.
- Decide on rates that you want to charge every individual sharing a ride with you.
- Sign up on famous ride-hailing apps if you want to earn more or start a pick-and-drop service.
- Car pooling/ride-sharing is a great low-investment business idea in Pakistan for people who have some spare time and good driving skills.
- Become an Online Fitness Trainer/Instructor
If you know how to take care of your health and have a lean body, become a fitness trainer. Of course, it is that easy in today’s world. No, you won’t need to buy any physical space to offer your services, you can simply offer them online. Let’s find out how you can get to your goals and start earning money.
How to Become an Online Fitness Instructor
- Set up an account on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube about your fitness services.
- Upload live videos containing exercising, diet plan and tips to attract the audience.
- As an online fitness coach, divide your services into free and paid memberships.
- Restrict some of your core services and products to premium members.
- Ask people to sign up for paid memberships to gain access to all of your services.
- A successful online fitness trainer can earn up to $4,000 a month.
- Vacation rentals
Ever wonder to invest in a vacation property? You can not only use it for your own leisure but also make money from it, especially during the tourist season. Pick a suitable location for your investment property. You can even look for a summer home located in the northern areas of Pakistan.
Your vacation property near a famous tourism spot can generate a rental yield of up to 8%. It may also enjoy high real estate appreciation down the road. If your vacation rental business thrives, you can also consider diversifying your property portfolio.
- Start a Home Chef Business
Well, it’s the right time to put your flaunt-worthy cooking skills to use. Did you know a home chef business in Pakistan can earn up to PKR 50,000 a month or maybe more? You can now easily turn your passion for cooking into a side business with the help of delivery apps. The business model of offering home-cooked food tiffin services to working professionals is also thriving these days.
How to Become a Home Chef in Pakistan
- It would be ideal to start small, like offering one or two dishes at first.
- Become a partner of a food delivery business. It means you’ll be splitting your earnings with them and in return, they’ll promote your business.
- Also, put up your services on online marketplaces like OLX and Facebook.
- It would also be good to create a Facebook page to promote your home chef services.
- Keep your menu prices as affordable as possible to attract a wider audience.
- Sell Handicrafts
If you have carving, beading or calligraphy skills, you can earn money from them by selling your handicrafts. Handicrafts of Pakistan are famous all around the world. To start your handicraft business, you don’t have to set up a shop or something like that. Instead, you can simply start from an e-commerce platform.
How to Sell Handcrafts Online in Pakistan
- Start by listing your products on online marketplaces like OLX and Facebook.
- Keeping in view the response of your customers, you can also set up an e-commerce website.
- You can also list your products on Amazon for international exposure.
- Upload high-quality photos to highlight your products in front of your potential customers.
- If you are selling a variety of products, divide them in categories.
- Come up with a unique brand name for your online setup.
- Babysitting Services
If you can take good care of infants, toddlers and young children, you can start offering babysitting services. You need to spread the word about the services you offer among your contacts or social circle.
While taking care of the little ones, you can also offer them tutoring services and charge for them separately. It would be a good side hustle, especially for students to take care of their basic expenses. Nannies and babysitters in Pakistan usually earn around PKR 35,000 a month on average.
- Yoga classes
People who are good at self-care, self-regulation and meditation skills can easily start offering yoga classes. It is among the most popular low-investment business ideas in Pakistan for students and young professionals alike.
You don’t have to quit your day job to offer yoga classes. Instead, you can set your schedule in the after-hours or early in the morning. Don’t have a budget to set up a studio? Fret not. You can easily start your wellness venture online on YouTube, Facebook or any other free online broadcasting media.
How to Start Yoga Classes
- Yoga classes can be offered in a spare room, terrace or any other outdoor space in your home.
- If you are short on space, you can simply offer your classes online.
- Tell your family, friends and other people in your community about your new wellness venture.
- Use different social media platforms and groups to spread the word.
- Make sure to offer demo classes to let people know about the benefits of signing up for your services.
- Having an online audience means you can easily expand your reach to an international audience.
- Virtual Event Planner
If you have good organisation, networking and management skills, you can utilise them in event management. Yes, event management can now also be done virtually, thanks in part to advanced technology.
After the Covid-19 pandemic, hosting events online has become pretty common around the world. Virtual event planners manage webinars, online conferences, virtual trade shows, podcasts, and other similar events. Successful virtual event management can let you earn up to $1,000 a week.
- Become a Real Estate Agent
Becoming a real estate agent is also a lucrative business idea in Pakistan with small investment. You can either set up an agency or offer your services individually. However, the best way to multiply your income as a real estate agent in Pakistan is by becoming a Zameen Affliate.
By marketing high-end projects, you’ll get a chance to diversify your portfolio. Associated with Pakistan’s No.1 property website, Zameen Affiliates have the opportunity to represent top-notch investment opportunities. Currently, 34,000+ affiliates around the world are using the Propforce website and application and are earning hefty commissions.
How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Pakistan
- Depending on your scope and planning, you can either open an agency or become an independent real estate agent.
- Sign up for the Zameen Affiliate Programme to reach a wider audience as an agent.
- You can easily visit the Propforce website or download the app to get started.
- Zameen Affiliates’ earnings are based on commissions that may vary from project to project.
- On the basis of the frequency of work, real estate agents can more than PKR 100,000 a month.
- Local Grocery Store
Setting up a local grocery store is also among the most popular cheap business ideas in Pakistan. You need to have basic accountancy and public dealing skills to manage a shop. You can either buy a shop or look for a rental space for your business.
If you are going for a larger setup, look for a location with high foot traffic. You can also offer your products on online marketplaces. It will allow you to have more than one stream of revenue for your business. Also, try to offer free delivery on large orders to facilitate your customers.
- Retail Kiosk at a Shopping Mall
Want to start a retail setup on a small scale but looking for high exposure? Consider setting up a kiosk in a shopping mall or a commercial centre. Such places have a high footfall usually all year round. Investing in a kiosk or a cart is usually cheaper than buying or renting an entire retail outlet. You can start selling anything you want or have expertise in. For example, handicrafts, antique items, clothing items, mobile accessories, etc.
How to Set Up a Mall Kiosk
- The very first step is about deciding what to sell.
- Locate a mall where you can set up your kiosk
- The next step is to pitch your business idea to the mall management.
- It would be a wise idea to start small and expand once you start getting a good response.
- Come up with a brand identity and market your business online.
- Logistics Company
Long gone are the days when you have to put in a heavy investment to start your own logistics company. With the presence of the latest technology, you can start your shipment business with limited resources.
There are many e-commerce ventures these days that rely on delivery services to keep their operations running. You can reach out to them and tell them about your business. Make sure to offer special discounts and promotions when starting your business.
How to Set Up a Logistics Business in Pakistan
- For setting up a logistics company, you need to get a dedicated contact number, probably with a PABX system.
- Create a website and a mobile application to facilitate your customers.
- It would be ideal for your website and mobile app to have a shipment tracking mechanism.
- Get in touch with an insurance company to offer insured services to customers.
- Hire a fleet of experienced drivers/riders.
- You can manage your operations remotely but having an office would be a plus.
- Having a physical presence would also increase the credibility of your logistics company.
- Website and App Development
The scope of website and app development is increasing day by day. In fact, it has become one of the most thriving business ideas in Pakistan. Many tech enthusiasts are earning well by offering these services on-site or remotely.
Learning such skills is not easy because the competition is high. However, if you have a passion to learn and improve, you could get a hang of things with time. For people having the right skills and experience, the field is very lucrative. A running website and app development business can earn thousands of dollars a month.
There you have it — our comprehensive guide on 39 low-cost business ideas in Pakistan.
For more informative lifestyle and property pieces, stay tuned to Zameen Blog. If you have any queries or feedback, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.