Karachi: The Sindh government has allocated PKR 1.62 billion for mega development projects in Karachi, out of a total budget of PKR 1.94 billion In the current fiscal year, according to media reports.
According to the budget execution report, PKR 1.94 billion has been granted for 18 existing development projects, while PKR 9 million has been granted for the new ‘mega-scheme for Karachi.’
The new project focuses on the provision and restoration of traffic signals, signboards, and gantries. In addition, the project will focus on the aesthetics of municipal roadways in order to address citizens’ infrastructural issues.
As far as the ongoing schemes are concerned, here are the details:
- Construction of an underpass at the Submarine Chowrangi
- Construction of a U-turn at Natha Khan Bridge
- Improvement and restoration of Karachi Zoo
- Construction of a flyover at the Tipu Sultan intersection
- Construction of road from Tank Chowrangi to the Super Highway
- Reconstruction and widening of the Stadium Road
- Improvement and rehabilitation of the roads near Lea market
- Construction of Storm Water Drainage (SWD) from Star Gate to Chakora Nullah on Shahrah-e-Faisal
- Widening of the bridge over the Orangi Nullah near the Habib Bank Chowrangi
- Reconstruction and restoration of the road from the Jam Sadiq Bridge to Dawood Chowrangi