Peshawar: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government intends to invest PKR 100 billion in beautification and rehabilitation projects to revive the glory of the historical and cultural city of Peshawar, news sources reported. These restoration and beautification projects include the development of the city’s largest amusement park along Peshawar Ring Road.
The details were given by Kamran Bangash, the Special Assistant to the Chief Minister (SACM) for information, while addressing the province assembly legislators on Tuesday. The details of the projects that are expected to be completed with the proposed funds are as follows:
• Development of province largest amusement park stretching over 240 kanals along Peshawar Ring Road
• PKR 5 billion to be spent on relocation Chugalpura bus station, in a bid to address the traffic problems of the city
• Development of two state-of-the-art international standard sports complex namely Hayatabad Sports Complex and Arbab Niaz Stadium
• Commencement of the Small industrial Zone in the Zangalai area
• Development of the southern portion of the Peshawar Ring Road in the existing year
In addition to the projects related to the development, the special assistant also said that due to the historical significance of Raj Kapoor and Dalip Kumar house the government will take their possession and rehabilitate them.