Lahore: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) will build a 15-kilometre-long signal-free corridor between the Kharak Stop (Multan Road) and the Lahore Burj (Ferozpur Road), linking the Metro Orange Train track to the Metro Bus service, news sources reported. The project has been approved by the Punjab government and will be completed at a cost of PKR 7 billion.
Read: Shahkam Flyover construction: Alternative traffic plan unveiled
The feasibility report of this project being executed under the Mass Transit System has been completed and the following structures will be part of the project.
- Construction of 5 underpasses
- Construction of 15 km signal free road
- Development of 28 pedestrian bridges
- Construction of Shouq Chowk flyover connecting Kareem Block with Firozpur Road
- Construction of underpass at Model Town Link road
- Construction of flyover at Akbar Chowk for traffic coming from Firozpur Road
- Construction of underpass at Kareem Block
Read: LDA approves two new underpasses for Lahore
In addition, the LDA Director General will update the Chief Minister Punjab on the subject and request funding, in the coming days. According to sources, the LDA will not need land procurement for the operation. The initiative is anticipated to minimise the amount of time spent on key metropolitan choke spots.