Islamabad: The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) has approved 15 development projects worth PKR 32.5 billion, according to a news source. These projects were approved at a CDWP meeting presided over by the recently appointed Deputy Chairman Planning Commission Muhammad Jahanzeb Khan.
The meeting members approved 12 projects worth PKR 14.5 billion and recommended three projects worth PKR 18 billion for approval to the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC).
The projects discussed were from various sectors, including energy, health, science and technology, information technology, transport and communications, physical planning and housing, water resources, nutrition, food, and agriculture. The Ministry of Energy (Power Division) presented two projects in Swabi and Nawabshah, along with one mobile grid station.
Here’s a complete list of the projects presented in the meeting;
- Swabi Substation – 220 kV; worth PKR 5.826 billion
- Nawabshah Substation – 220 kV; worth PKR 5.77 billion
- Procurement of 220kV mobile grid station with Emergency Recovery System + Shunt reactors for emergency services; worth PKR 6.427 billion
- Rehabilitation and modernisation of Islam Barrage; worth PKR 2.993 billion
- Provision of X-ray and ultrasound machines in Secondary Care Hospital of AJK; worth PKR 20 million
- Upgrading supply and filling line to improve vaccine supply to achieve Good Manufacturing Standards at the National Institute of Health; worth PKR 102.857 million
- Expansion of Broadband Services through MSAN Technology and Up-gradation of IP core and Access Network in AJK and Gilgit-Baltistan; worth PKR 1.54 billion
- Expansion of Cellular Services in AJK and GB; worth PKR 2.790 billion
- National Freelance Training Programme; worth PKR 367.169 million
- Establishment of Center for Advanced Technologies in Biomedical Materials; worth PKR 849.329 million
- Establishment of Facilities for Industrial Production of Nanomaterials in Latif Ebrahim Jamal Nanotechnology Center, HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry University of Karachi; worth PKR 718.483 million
- Establishment of Pakistan Urban Planning and Policy Centre; worth PKR 141.88 million
- ‘Upgradation and Rehabilitation of Existing 100 KMs Hub-Dureji Road including a bridge at Bund Murad Balochistan; worth PKR 407.171 million
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Stunting Prevention and Rehabilitation Nutrition Gain Project; worth PKR 2.218 billion
- Promotion of Olive Cultivation on Commercial Scale in Pakistan; worth PKR 2.320 billion