Islamabad: The Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) has issued a public advisory to avoid frauds/scams in wake of the upcoming 7th Digital Census, as per the announcement made in the national dailies on January 30.
The authority has warned the public of scammers who may steal or defraud them in the name of census data collection. The authority has urged the public to keep the following in mind:
- The identity of all the enumeration/ data collection agents can be verified by visiting the www.pbs.gov.pk and inputting the CNIC of the data collector
- The enumerator will not ask about a person’s bank accounts nor will they ask for participation in any type of lucky draw
- The enumeration staff will visit each house/establishment and will collect only the following information
- Migration status
- Functional limitations
- Basic facilities available
- All this information will be used for the formation of evidence-based public policies
- PBS has released informational videos on its official website, social media handles and official press release
- PBS will only call people for verification from 051-9335203
- For more information, citizens may call UAN 0800-57574 or visit the official website
It is important to note that PBS is undertaking Pakistan’s 7th census, which will also be the first digital census in the country. The census will start on March 1 and will be completed in 30 days with data available for the public by April 15.