Lahore: The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) on Wednesday provided its approval to the development of six projects pertaining to the water, sanitation, urban development, irrigation and road sectors, a news source reported. These uplift schemes are expected to cost a total of PKR 9.26 billion.
The PDWP sanctioned these projects in its 44th meeting; presided by Planning & Development Board Chairman Hameed Yaqoob Sheikh. The approved schemes include:
- A Punjab Aab-e-Pak Authority project for provision of clean drinking water (Phase-I) estimated to cost PKR 5.9 billion
- The preparatory work on Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project (PC-II) at a cost of PKR 539.335 million
- Upgradation of irrigation schemes and channels near Mianwali at a cost of PKR 491.784 million
- Maintenance of 22.5 kilometre strip of road in Sheikhupura (Nankana Farooqabad Road) at a cost of PKR 74.846 million
- Maintenance of 16.84 kilometre strip of Pattoki-Halla Road at a cost of PKR 427.284 million
- Maintenance of 44.2 kilometre strip of Raiwind-Pattoki Road at a cost of PKR 1.16 billion