Islamabad: The Federal Government has reserved PKR 182.4 billion for 92 hydropower and water projects in the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the fiscal year (FY) 2021-22, news sources reported.
The allocation of funds for various hydropower projects in the PSDP is as following:
- PKR 2.7 billion for Golan Gol Hydropower project
- PKR 1.084 set aside for the Keyal Khawar Hydropower project
- PKR 3.026 billion will be used for Mangla Power Station
- PKR 14.160 billion allocated for the Neelum Jhelum Hydropower project
- PKR 1.9 billion and PKR 8.159 for Tarbela 4th and 5th extension respectively.
- PKR 1.862 billion will be spent on the Warsak Hydroelectric project
- PKR 1.960 billion reserved for Harpo HPP
- PKR 199 million for Chitral Hydropower
As far as the water sector is concerned, a fund of PKR 90.3 billion under PSDP will be available. PKR 21 billion is allocated for Diamer Basha Project- out of which PKR 7 billion will be used for land acquisition and PKR 15.5 billion for the construction work.
Following is the list of projects in the water sector:
- PKR 800 million funds allocated for developing Sunni Gar Dam
- PKR 400 million for Shenzek Dam Dashi
- PKR 100 million will be used for Hekanog Delay Action Dam
- PKR 223.7 million is allocated for mapping water resources in Southern Balochistan
- PKR 276.4 million will be spent on Shahtung Nulla diversion, Skardu
- PKR 500 million is set aside for extension of Right Bank Outfall Drain from Sehwan to sea
- PKR 2 billion will be used for the Katchi canal project
- PKR 3 billion for Kurram Tangi multipurpose dam
- PKR 5.5 billion funds allocated for Mohmand multipurpose dam
- PKR 1 billion is approved for the Naulong storage dam project Jhal Magsi
- PKR 5 billion will be used for the Nai Gaj Dam project Dadu, Sindh
- PKR 1.67 billion will be spent on Rainy Canal
- PKR 875 million for controlling water measures in Muzaffargarh & TP-link canal Kot Addu
- PKR 3 billion is set aside for Winder Dam, Lasbella
- PKR 2 billion for Kacchi canal project (phase-1) Dera Bugti
- PKR 500 million for constructing 100 dams in Balochistan
- PKR 15 billion for K-4 greater water supply scheme
- PKR 1.654 billion will be used for Papin Dam
- PKR 1.5 billion for Awaram Dam
- PKR 1.7 billion will be used for the Panjgur storage dam
- PKR 500 million is allocated for the Topak dam.
Furthermore, five water dams that are being built to alleviate Rawalpindi’s water deficit will be completed by 2023. As per the Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan, construction work on Daducha Dam, Mahutta Mohra Dam, Papin Dam, Chahan Dam, and Mujahid Dam is underway.
The minister also stated that the construction of the Chahan dam has been completed. The project will provide water to 42 Union Councils, including Mohri, Kotha Kalan, Lakhan, and others.