Islamabad: Capital Development Authority (CDA) Chairman Amer Ali Ahmed on Thursday (November 25) approved naming the recently completed PWD intersection after the nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, news sources reported.
The decision of renaming the road followed the federal cabinet direction to rename a permanent building or road after the national figure who recently passed away.
As per the reports, the board also approved the construction of a new 400-kanal overseas apartment scheme titled Overseas Enclave, near Park Enclave-III. The apartments will be constructed under the Roshan Digital Pakistan Scheme. Several other decisions were approved some of which are as follows:
- Approval of 5-acre dumping ground at Taumar for Islamabad’s rural population
- Initiation of a proposal to engage government agencies rather than private enterprises for the construction of PKR 12.39 billion 10th Avenue (from IJP Road to Srinagar Highway). The Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) and the National Logistics Cell (NLC) have previously been approached in this respect.
- Approval for replacing conventional streetlights with modern LED lights
- Approval for construction of two interchanges at Khayaban-e-Iqbal (E-11 and Shaheen Chowk) and EIA study for widening and improvement of Attaturk Avenue from Jinnah Avenue to Ayub Chowk
- The meeting also discussed the privatisation of the Jinnah Convention Centre (JCC). It was reported that the CDA has notified the privatisation commission that it has no objections to the privatisation of the JCC and that the process may be launched by the ministry of interior.