Lahore: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) has decided to develop the Ek Moria Pull project separately from Sheranwala Gate Flyover project, news sources reported. The PKR 259 million project was merged with the mega flyover project in 2017 for early completion.
Reportedly, LDA floated a tender in July for the rehabilitation of the bridge to reduce traffic jams at one of the busiest sections of the city. However, the authorities have decided to re-separate the project from the Sheranwala flyover project to complete it separately. In another development, Chief Minister (CM) Punjab Sardar Usman Bizdar has announced a multi-billion road infrastructure development project for the provincial capital. During his visit to the Gulab Devi underpass project, he discussed the following new and existing projects that will help improve the traffic flow in the city:
- PKR 50 billion elevated expressway project from Gulberg to M-2 Motorway that will reduce the time for the commute to 40 minutes only.
- PKR 6.5 billion new multilevel entry and exit points at Shahdara Morr
- PKR 4.9 billion for the construction of an additional lane at Lahore Bridge, Data Ganj Bakhsh Flyover
- PKR 3 billion signal-free corridors from Main Boulevard Gulberg to Walton Road Defence Chowk
- PKR 2.90 billion worth underpass/flyover at Karim Block
- PKR 2.54 billion Shahkam Flyover project (ongoing)
Some of these projects are already under construction, while others are scheduled to start soon.