Gakhar Mandi: The project plan to set up a dry port on 25 acres of land has been finalised, reported a news source. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed for the PKR 1 billion project between Chamber of Commerce and the National Logistics Cell (NLC), according to which NLC will bear 70% of the total expense while Chamber of Commerce will arrange for the remaining 30%.
For accommodating traders of the Gakhar Mandi Dry Port, a separate 2-kilometre railway line will also be laid for which agreements have been made by Pakistan Railway. This railway line will be used for transporting goods to and from the dry port.
Development work on the project is expected to be initiated in March. The revenue generated from the project will be collected by the Chamber of Commerce. Shares for the project will be sold to the members of the chamber, for which 175 applications have already been received. At the moment, scrutiny of these applications is being done.