Gujranwala: The Punjab government is set to launch various infrastructure development projects worth billions in the Gujranwala division — with the developments to be carried out under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model, a news source reported.
The details of the projects and their expected costs are as follows:
- PKR 5.24 billion for the Gujranwala-Sheikhupura Road in Gujranwala
- PKR 2.2 billion for the Gujrat-Jalalpur Jattan Road in Gujrat
- PKR 2.9 billion for the Wazirabad Sambrial-Sialkot Road in Sialkot
- PKR 20 billion for the Sialkot Ring Road
- PKR 3.9 billion for the road going from Benazir Chowk to Motorway in Gujranwala
- PKR 1.2 billion for the Model Agricultural Market in Gujranwala
A meeting was also held to discuss the various options for maximising the impact of the PPP model in Gujranwala. The meeting was chaired by Gujranwala Commissioner Syed Gulzar Hussain Shah, and other high officials, including Deputy Commissioner Sohail Ashraf and the deputy commissioners of the other districts of the division were also present during the session.