Lahore: Six international organisations have pledged to fund 18 development projects in Punjab a news source reported. These include 7 projects which will be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), five by the World Bank (WB) and three by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). The Department for International Development (DFID), Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) will finance one project each.
According to details, the Planning & Development Board chairman has forwarded the details of the project to Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and the provincial institutions concerned.
World Bank will be assisting with the following projects:
- Human Capital Investment Project Punjab
- Punjab Resource & Revenue Management Programme
- Punjab Urban Land System Enhancement Project
- Punjab Rural Sustainable Water & Sanitation Project
- Support for Naya Pakistan Housing Programme
The projects Asian Development Bank will be funding include:
- Islam Barrage Project
- Punjab Water Resource Management
- Punjab Agricultural Markets Development Project
- Greater Thal Canal Project
AIIB will be assisting with three water and sanitation projects in Lahore.