Lahore: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) recently notified the developers of approved housing projects to implement the Private Housing Scheme Landscape Plan that falls under the purview of the LDA Private Housing Scheme Rules 2014, Section 15 — according to a publication.
Reportedly, these measures are being taken to control smog and air pollution levels in the city. Through this publication, the LDA Private Housing Schemes Estate Management Director instructs developers to:
- Develop parks and greenbelts as per the approved plan as soon as possible
- Keep a check to avoid incidents of burning waste inside and around the societies’ premises
- Take measures to avoid air pollution at the project site caused by rubble and construction material
- Water the open areas to avoid mud contributing to air pollution
- Keep the waste disposal areas clean
- Ensure that the society residents’ cars do not emit smoke
The publication also recommends developers to seek guidance from the Parks and Horticulture Authority regarding the plantation and nurturing of suitable plants for the societies’ greenbelts, public parks and empty spaces. They can do this by giving PHA Deputy Director Zahid Iqbal a call on 0300-696-0082.