Lahore: Following the announcement of the Prime Minister (PM)’s Relief Package for the construction sector, the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) expects to save PKR 450 million in development projects planned for execution in 2020-21, according to a news source.
The LDA had prepared its budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2020-21 prior to the PM’s declaration of April 3; with several modifications currently underway in light of the latter’s framework (new provisions).
As per details, the LDA will further be enabled to save on certain expenditures due to reduced fuel prices; while the construction sector tax reductions are also expected to boost developmental activities.
According to the details shared earlier by the authority, the LDA planned to execute the following projects during 2020-21:
- Construction of Shahkam Chowk Flyover
- Expansion of Canal Bank Road linking Harbanspura and Jallo
- Construction of signal-free corridor connecting Barkat Market with Bhekhay Wala Mor
- Rehabilitation of Data Nagar Flyover
- Construction of LDA One-window Cell
- Development of Shahdara Signal-Free Corridor
- Construction of road linking Defence Road with Khaira Distributary
- Construction of Southern Bypass connecting Ferozepur Road and Ameer Chowk
- Development of a road running parallel to Cantt Drain connecting Mall Road and Ferozepur Road